Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you purchasing a new iPod touch?

• No

Votes: 69 30.1%
  • Yes - 8GB

Votes: 28 12.2%
  • Yes - 16GB

Votes: 63 27.5%
  • Yes - 32GB

Votes: 69 30.1%

• Total voters

Master Debater

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2008
I'll wait for a 2nd-generation of this case to come out, and then I'll buy a 32GB one.

I'm really glad I waited and didn't spend $500 on a 32GB Touch.

miniConvert

macrumors 68040
I have an iPhone, so no on the Touch, but can I just say how absolutely stunning the new one looks? The original iPod Touch looks great, but I love this tapered design Apple are rolling out - the iPhone and iPod Touch are peas in the same pod now :)

yorkshire

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2008
UK
Mine should be here on Mon!! I ordered about 1 hour after the keynote, so it should have come Thur/Fri, but Apple had to do a security check on my card, so that delayed it. The waiting is killing me.

PowerFullMac

macrumors 601
Oct 16, 2006
Nope, sticking with my first gen.

The features in the new one are OK but the quality of the built-in speakers sucks, I can easily double-click the home button and move the on-screen slider without buttons on the side and I will most likely never use Nike+iPod coz I am too lazy. :D

maximus1315

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2008
I already bought the 2G iPod touch, got it on Friday, and it's awesome... Everything about it! First one in my school to have it.... And the speaker quality is pretty good for an internal speaker, and it goes pretty loud without sounding $#!%%¥ at all. From a deeply satisfied apple iPod touch 2G customer, get one! :D

Ceridwyn2

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2008
I got my 1st gen 8GB a couple weeks ago and it's doing great for me. Got a nice little Belkin leather case to go with it. It's a large step up from my 2GB silver nano that I had, which went to my mother as 1 part of her bday present - she's got an iPod mini that the battery doesn't hold.

conradzoo

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2005
Every evening, after two or more glasses of wine, I am so near to push the buy button for a 16gb one...

Wonder how long I can resist/ignore the empty wallet. :eek:

klb028

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
Texas
Mine should be here on Mon!! I ordered about 1 hour after the keynote, so it should have come Thur/Fri, but Apple had to do a security check on my card, so that delayed it. The waiting is killing me.

It'll be worth it!

I just saw one at the Apple store...they look sweet..the new nano was ok...I might have to get the touch

I can't wait to check them out in store!

Chris.

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2008
UK
Having bought a 1st gen iPod Touch in May, I don't think I will buy the new one. Though I do like the built-in speaker on the 2nd gen. :cool:

dakine85

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2008
i was waiting to receive my bodyguardz skin so that i don't scratch up a new iPod touch...but then when i went to one of the apple stores close by, they had run out of the 32GB (the one i wanted to get), so i went ahead and just bought it at another apple store, and hopefully i'll be able to resist playing with it until my bodyguardz comes in this week! :D

i know the 32GB would come back into stock....but i didn't want to have my bodyguardz and no iPod to put it onto.

loving the look of the new one...i'm glad i can at least drool over it in the clear plastic case :p

Sussman

macrumors member
Dec 9, 2006
Colorado
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F138 Safari/525.20)

just got my new 32GB today! Ordered online Tues pm. First post using it.

klb028

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
Texas
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F138 Safari/525.20)

just got my new 32GB today! Ordered online Tues pm. First post using it.

That's awesome!

Who else is getting one? :)

clyde2801

macrumors 601
For now, I voted NO on the poll, mainly because my current 8GB iPod touch works pretty well, it does have a few scratches on the screen that bug me, but for now I can deal with those.

I will probably end up getting one around New-Years for several reasons:

1. I am slowly realizing that 8GB is not enough for me. I have been doing quite a bit of Library management as to what gets synced to my iPod, my music is fine, it is my videos that I am having to do most of my managing on. I currently only have 1 of my full-length movies in my library, when I would like to have all 3. I also am only syncing about 1/3 of my T.V. shows. When I get a new iPod, I will probably get the 16GB or the 32GB, whichever will hold my library, while leaving several GB of room for future expansion.

2. Not enough cases and other accessories right now. Even if I were planning on buying one right now, I would wait a few weeks until there are good cases and screen protectors out. After all of the screen scratches with my current iPod touch, the very first thing that I will do with my new one is put a screen protector and case on it. And right now there are not a sufficient amount of cases and other things for it.

3. Factory problems, come-on, we all know that there will be some form of problems that cause people to be flooding Genius Bars around America looking for an exchange (dead pixels, bad casings, a screen that is not flush with the bezel, etc.). I will wait a month or two at least for those issues to be sorted out, I would rather not have to go through with exchanging iPods to get a perfect one, I can wait.

4. I am going to wait for Best Buy to get a stock of them in (even though this will be a quick thing to happen), I have $50 in gift certificates there, and I plan on using them towards the iPod.

Old military trick: try lightly rubbing a little brasso on the screen. Good luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.