PDA

View Full Version : Smell Like Burger King With New Body Spray: "FLAME"

Blue Velvet
Dec 17, 2008, 03:06 PM
"No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public."
— Henry Mencken

No, it's not the 1st of April.

Just in time for your mom Santa to toss this in your Christmas stocking, Burger King has released a limited-edition men's body spray that evokes the smell of freshly broiled Whoppers.

But isn't this what they spray on the burgers already for authenticity? No!

According to a press release, "The King is setting hearts ablaze for the holidays with his new scent of choice. FLAME™, a new men's body spray by Burger King Corp., features the scent of seduction with the hint of flame-broiled meat. A favorite of the King, FLAME™ is available for purchase for a limited time at select Ricky's retailers in-store or online."

http://gothamist.com/2008/12/15/smell_like_burger_king_with_new_bod.php

Buy it now while stocks last. (http://www.firemeetsdesire.com/) I'll take mine with onion rings.

jonbravo77
Dec 17, 2008, 03:08 PM
Oh god. Why? :confused:

themoonisdown09
Dec 17, 2008, 03:13 PM
That's just nasty.

I had a friend who worked at Sonic a while back. When he came over wearing the same clothes he had on at work, it would almost make me gag.

Blue Velvet
Dec 17, 2008, 03:14 PM
Oh god. Why? :confused:

Why? Who wouldn't want to smell like a burger? Have you no sense of occasion? Seductive, aromatic... hot.

In fact, I think I'll call my next child 'Whopper'.

jonbravo77
Dec 17, 2008, 03:15 PM
Why? Who wouldn't want to smell like a burger? Have you no sense of occasion? Seductive, aromatic... hot.

Nope, still gonna have to stick with original question.... Why? :rolleyes:

bassproguy07
Dec 17, 2008, 03:15 PM

will you get angry at him when he tries to sell himself for a dollar?

Blue Velvet
Dec 17, 2008, 03:16 PM

Of course. Always try to upsell to a meal.

EricNau
Dec 17, 2008, 03:18 PM
I honestly couldn't come up with a worse idea if I tried.

Meanwhile, do you have to refrigerate the spray so it doesn't go rancid? :p

jonbravo77
Dec 17, 2008, 03:19 PM
It should be a time release spray. At first, the sensual smell of the whopper then, what's this french fries. Oh wait that's not all, is that the smell of a hot apple pie next? :eek:

Yvan256
Dec 17, 2008, 04:10 PM

"Who knows, maybe Whopper and Soda could be friend?" - George Costanza

CorvusCamenarum
Dec 17, 2008, 04:10 PM

Of course. Always try to upsell to a meal.

Brings new meaning to the term Whopper Virgins (http://www.whoppervirgins.com/).

leekohler
Dec 17, 2008, 04:13 PM
This is completely stupid. Go work at Burger King if you want to smell like a burger.

mkrishnan
Dec 17, 2008, 04:22 PM
This is completely stupid. Go work at Burger King if you want to smell like a burger.

Would it be inappropriate at this point to observe that, it's bad enough that meat-eaters taste worse than vegetarians, now they have to smell worse than them too? :eek: ;)

Ahem, so I hear.

leekohler
Dec 17, 2008, 04:25 PM
Would it be inappropriate at this point to observe that, it's bad enough that meat-eaters taste worse than vegetarians, now they have to smell worse than them too? :eek: ;)

Ahem, so I hear.

Oh my...when was the last time you ate a meat-eater or vegetarian? :D

dukebound85
Dec 17, 2008, 04:28 PM
all this would do is make me think of food and then get hungry

bobfitz14
Dec 17, 2008, 04:32 PM

hahah my dad hates that commercial, i don't mind it. it's so funny though, when it comes on he's like oh i would have to be paid a lot of money to be on a commercial like that.

rdowns
Dec 17, 2008, 04:38 PM
Idiot consumers will buy this because they think it will make it a Whopper. ;)

Adolph Whopper or Whopper Hilter? :eek:

GSMiller
Dec 17, 2008, 05:19 PM
That's just nasty.

I had a friend who worked at Sonic a while back. When he came over wearing the same clothes he had on at work, it would almost make me gag.

Yeah I used to have the same experience when my sister would from home after working at Taco Bell all day.

Foxglove9
Dec 17, 2008, 05:42 PM
Am I the only one who loves the smell of burger? I'd be interested in smelling this, but I'd probably want to eat all day.

Antares
Dec 17, 2008, 05:44 PM
The sad thing is, I'm really tempted to buy a few cans of this just beacuse it's so absurd...and can show people that it is indeed real.

.Andy
Dec 17, 2008, 05:47 PM
What a fantastically simple marketing gimmick. With very little effort or cost Burger King have made headlines around the world. And now I'm hungry. Clever :).

Gray-Wolf
Dec 17, 2008, 05:54 PM
GO to the site, hit the spray a couple times, and you get a nice moving waterfall. ;)

EricNau
Dec 17, 2008, 05:54 PM
And now I'm hungry. Clever :).
I thought you were vegetarian. :confused:

As someone who doesn't eat beef, nothing sickens me more than the thought or smell of a charbroiled hamburger.

Abstract
Dec 17, 2008, 05:57 PM
Great for the chubby chasers to seduce America's "larger" women.

Just make sure you don't get any of that spray on your penis. Some woman may devour it.

.Andy
Dec 17, 2008, 05:58 PM
I thought you were vegetarian. :confused:
I am - I had a breakfast of some baked beans and vegetarian sausages instead - the advertising didn't work so well on me :D.

Does BK actually have a vegetarian burger? I am oblivious :o.

TuffLuffJimmy
Dec 17, 2008, 06:01 PM
heh This is the best marketing ever. No one wants to smell like a burger, but someone would get this as a joke, smell it, then instantly want a whopper.

Gray-Wolf
Dec 17, 2008, 06:03 PM
Does BK actually have a vegetarian burger? I am oblivious :o.

They did at one time, not sure if all areas have it though. http://www.bk.com/#menu=2,42,-1

Abstract
Dec 17, 2008, 06:09 PM
I've had the "Hungry Jack's" (aka: Australian Burger King) veggie burger, and it was tolerable. Usually stuck with the Whopper though.

.Andy
Dec 17, 2008, 06:14 PM
They did at one time, not sure if all areas have it though. http://www.bk.com/#menu=2,42,-1
Thanks :). Although I'm not sure it looks to appetising ;)!

I've had the "Hungry Jack's" (aka: Australian Burger King) veggie burger, and it was tolerable.
I think I might steer clear then :D! I've a predilection for malaysian currently. I'd spray eau de roti canai on.

Abstract
Dec 17, 2008, 07:00 PM
The burger was made of chick peas and.....mush.

joepunk
Dec 17, 2008, 07:33 PM
The Urban Hunter sat quietly, the only noise around are the birds on a nearby abandon office building. It's been a few days into the hunting season. Our hunter has positioned himself around one of the many abandoned Burger King outlets. He uses the latest in sprays, Burger King FLAME, to attract the ever present, and easy prey, the Fast food eater.

Gray-Wolf
Dec 17, 2008, 07:34 PM
It could be tolerable with the sides on it, but why not toss the "Burger" out , and have a lettuce and tomato sandwich instead. :D

The Urban Hunter sat quietly, the only noise around are the birds on a nearby abandon office building. It's been a few days into the hunting season. Our hunter has positioned himself around one of the many abandoned Burger King outlets. He uses the latest in sprays, Burger King FLAME, to attract the ever present, and easy prey, the Fast food eater.

Hunter sprays "Flame" in the woods, then gets attacked by bear thinking he's the food. :p

mkrishnan
Dec 17, 2008, 08:08 PM

It's actually not half bad, either. Although it would be much better if it were available in the whopper format (optional cheese, and all the stuff that's on a Whopper).

I go through phases of mostly not eating meat and eating meat... I remember in 2001 when I was going back to veggie, I was obsessed with the Whopper.... :o

ibook30
Dec 17, 2008, 11:01 PM
[QUOTE=Blue Velvet;6777446]"No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public."
— Henry Mencken

Completely true. Mind boggling.

Drumjim85
Dec 17, 2008, 11:09 PM
sexy

notjustjay
Dec 17, 2008, 11:24 PM
As someone who doesn't eat beef, nothing sickens me more than the thought or smell of a charbroiled hamburger.

http://images.cafepress.com/jitcrunch.aspx?bG9hZD1ibGFuayxibGFuazoyX0YuanBnfGxvYWQ9TDAsaHR0cDovL2ltYWdlczMuY2FmZXByZXNzLmNvbS9pb WFnZS8xMjIxOTIyM180MDB4NDAwLmpwZ3x8c2NhbGU9TDAsMTcwLDE3MCxXaGl0ZXxjb21wb3NlPWJsYW5rLEwwLEFkZCwxNTUsM TI1fGNwPXJlc3VsdCxibGFua3xzY2FsZT1yZXN1bHQsMCw0ODAsV2hpdGV8Y29tcHJlc3Npb249OTV8

EricNau
Dec 17, 2008, 11:27 PM
<coolest T-shirt ever>
Absolutely love it! :D

ezekielrage_99
Dec 18, 2008, 07:41 AM
IMHO Burger King branding is smoking crack... I really can't see the point of 1/2 their marketing at the moment.

edesignuk
Dec 18, 2008, 07:44 AM
I have to admit, this is pretty sexy shizzles.

arkitect
Dec 18, 2008, 07:49 AM
The scent of seduction smells like flame-broiled meat? :eek:

:confused::confused:

Bloody hell.

I am curious what Burger King have in mind for the women's version…

iBlue
Dec 18, 2008, 07:54 AM
Hilarious!

I have to admit, this is pretty sexy shizzles.

I know what I'm putting in your xmas stocking then! :D

Abstract
Dec 18, 2008, 07:57 AM
http://images.cafepress.com/jitcrunch.aspx?bG9hZD1ibGFuayxibGFuazoyX0YuanBnfGxvYWQ9TDAsaHR0cDovL2ltYWdlczMuY2FmZXByZXNzLmNvbS9pb WFnZS8xMjIxOTIyM180MDB4NDAwLmpwZ3x8c2NhbGU9TDAsMTcwLDE3MCxXaGl0ZXxjb21wb3NlPWJsYW5rLEwwLEFkZCwxNTUsM TI1fGNwPXJlc3VsdCxibGFua3xzY2FsZT1yZXN1bHQsMCw0ODAsV2hpdGV8Y29tcHJlc3Npb249OTV8
http://media.typetees.com//product/636x636/490-tee_large.png

bbotte
Dec 18, 2008, 07:58 AM
I can't find a link on BK's website to the other one. That makes me think this is not a BK sponsored product. Why would BK market this but not link it on their own website.

Unspeaked
Dec 18, 2008, 09:53 AM
IMHO Burger King branding is smoking crack... I really can't see the point of 1/2 their marketing at the moment.

They've actually been doing really well by positioning themselves as the manly, couldn't-care less-about-health, non-veggie eating bad boys of fast food.

While the others chains try to throw salads and healthy sides on their menu, Burger King introduces The Stacker (with no vegetables whatsoever - not even pickles). They, and to a certain extent Carl's Jr, are generating a very strong customer base. There have even been attempts to copy this from the other chains (like Wendy's Baconator).

Of course, I guess it's a little like cigarettes - they need to get a lot of new customers to replace the ones dying of heart attacks on a daily basis.

notjustjay
Dec 18, 2008, 10:57 AM
They've actually been doing really well by positioning themselves as the manly, couldn't-care less-about-health, non-veggie eating bad boys of fast food.

I used to like Burger King, but somehow we've parted ways. There's a BK in my area that's also a shawarma place... they share the space 50/50. 9 out of 10 times I walk in there, I go for the shawarma. One day I thought I'd try the new BK Steakhouse burger. It sounded great in theory: big beefy patty, bacon, crispy onions, BBQ sauce. How could you go wrong with that?

The first sign something was wrong was when the cashier asked if I wanted the regular one or the "loaded" one. "What's the difference?", I asked. "The loaded one has baked potato and sour cream and chives on it."

Uh...

I went for the "non-loaded" burger. And the thing was a disgusting mess. The burger was much wider than the bun, but paper thin. (Who do they think they're fooling?!) And sauce was everywhere, dripping all over the paper wrapping. You couldn't even pick this thing up without getting your fingers all messy. The worst burger I've ever had. I very nearly threw it out half-way through (and that is HUGE for me, I have a reputation among my friends as the guy that will eat ANYTHING).

And I didn't even think to look at the nutritional info.

Drumjim85
Dec 18, 2008, 11:04 AM
I used to like Burger King, but somehow we've parted ways. There's a BK in my area that's also a shawarma place...
<snip>
I went for the "non-loaded" burger. And the thing was a disgusting mess. The burger was much wider than the bun, but paper thin. (Who do they think they're fooling?!) And sauce was everywhere, dripping all over the paper wrapping. You couldn't even pick this thing up without getting your fingers all messy. The worst burger I've ever had. I very nearly threw it out half-way through (and that is HUGE for me, I have a reputation among my friends as the guy that will eat ANYTHING).

And I didn't even think to look at the nutritional info.

Canadians don't know how to do ANYTHING right ;)

Unspeaked
Dec 18, 2008, 11:05 AM
I used to like Burger King, but somehow we've parted ways. There's a BK in my area that's also a shawarma place... they share the space 50/50. 9 out of 10 times I walk in there, I go for the shawarma. One day I thought I'd try the new BK Steakhouse burger. It sounded great in theory: big beefy patty, bacon, crispy onions, BBQ sauce. How could you go wrong with that?

Is it really any contest?

:D

notjustjay
Dec 18, 2008, 11:48 AM
Canadians don't know how to do ANYTHING right ;)

http://toddregoulinsky.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/bkloaded.jpg

You Americans can keep it. :p :eek:

dXTC
Dec 18, 2008, 12:51 PM
BK indeed still sells the BK Veggie, at least in my market area anyway. That's what I usually get on the rare occasion I'm there. (I'm more of an Asian food fan myself; I never was much into burgers.)

Great for the chubby chasers to seduce America's "larger" women.

Just make sure you don't get any of that spray on your penis. Some woman may devour it.

BBWs usually figure out the difference between chopped steak and "tubesteak", if you know what I mean, nudge nudge.

Oh, and the term "chubby chaser" has been adopted by the gay community to describe men who prefer large men. We straight lovers of large ladies like to use another acronym: FA (fat admirer).

alFR
Dec 19, 2008, 09:21 AM
http://lh5.ggpht.com/joetestai/SCx8pLN8YxI/AAAAAAAAGOg/WOBdLWZVfsg/s640/theking.jpg

Flame: The Smell Of Fear? :)