Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
I dropped my 2G iPod touch in an Incase silicon case and the screen cracked in three spots, I don't recommend getting an Incase.

shadownddust

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2008
I have had an incase slider for my first generation iphone since last april and after a few drops and lots of wear and tear it still works great. I did drop it from waste level on a sidewalk a few days ago leaving a small crack in the case, but it's barely noticeable and does not affect the performance at all. And the phone has not dents, though a few scuffs from the case itself. I really appreciate the ability to take the bottom off to dock with various devices, because other cases my friends have make it really difficult.

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
The Incase slider is one of the best and most durable cases out there. I have had mine for 4 months and it doesn't even have a scratch and has fallen at the gym a few times.

I highly recommend the Incase slider.

shadownddust

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2008
I can see why the silicon case might not be the best for preventing actual damage, versus just protecting against scratches. I don't know of any case that would advertise that they would save a device from damage after flying out of someones hand onto a presumably hard tile floor.

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
So you blame the case for not preventing a glass screen from cracking when you dropped it?

Really?

No... and if you read any of the thread I posted you would have noticed that I didn't just drop it because I was clumsy.
But I kinda do actually, especially since I got it replaced I got a hard case for it and even with the numberous drops it's had it is still in almost perfect condition.

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
I don't think it has anything to do with the case. If you drop the phone and it lands on the screen just right, the screen will crack, it's glass. The case is irrelevant at that point IMO.

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
I don't think it has anything to do with the case. If you drop the phone and it lands on the screen just right, the screen will crack, it's glass. The case is irrelevant at that point IMO.

Accept for when mine fell it didn't land screen first.

bassproguy07

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
Katy, TX
get an incase slider, its amazing....be careful though it can scratch your phone if you dont keep it clean. I learned the hard way

Andrew K.

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2008
http://goincase.com/products/category/iPhone+3G

Anyone happen to use any of the Incase products? How much punishment do they take?

Get the hard cases ( the Sliders ) they protect way better! and I have seen many reviews saying they saved their phone or touch! All silicone cases provide less protection, I have White and Gunmetal hard cases from them they are AWESOME I totally feel safe with these cases

Andrew K.

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2008
I dropped my 2G iPod touch in an Incase silicon case and the screen cracked in three spots, I don't recommend getting an Incase.

You can't shun out the whole Incase Company if you haven't tried their other products, I think if you had ANY silicone case this would have happened, their slider hard cases are amazing, if you were to try one you would be very pleased

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
You can't shun out the whole Incase Company if you haven't tried their other products, I think if you had ANY silicone case this would have happened, their slider hard cases are amazing, if you were to try one you would be very pleased

I was going to get one but when I got my 2G iPod touch the silicon was the case for the 2G.

Andrew K.

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2008
I was going to get one but when I got my 2G iPod touch the silicon was the case for the 2G.

Ohh well I would definately buy one from there website, I just got a white one for my upcoming touch ( just waiting for them to bump the storage )

janelovesyou

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2008
I had 2 different incase sliders, the black one which has like a rubberish feel to it and the metallic one which had a harder plastic glossy feel to it. I dropped my phone on the concrete using both cases and the slider saved it.

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
Ohh well I would definately buy one from there website, I just got a white one for my upcoming touch ( just waiting for them to bump the storage )

I would have but I don't even think they had any from the incase site or Apple site when I got my iPod. It was like two weeks after it came out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.