PDA

View Full Version : Everyone 18 & Under Post Your Setups (part 3)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Mitthrawnuruodo
Mar 15, 2009, 07:43 AM
This is a continuation of part 2

I started this becuase i want to see what other people of my same age have in their setup.

A few ground rules:

1) Use [timg] tags in stead of [img] tag for large images, or even better: attach them to the post and use the [attach] tags.

2) Please do not QUOTE images. Snip them out if you can.

3) If you've already posted your setup in part 1 or 2 there's no need to repost it here, unless the setup has changed (significantly), of course.

4) Keep it civil, and remember the general forum rules.

5) Enjoy. ;)

iMpathetic
Mar 15, 2009, 07:56 AM
The secret police seems to have deleted the post I was planning to edit... so...

Picked this not-so-little beauty up last night. Cost less than a good used MacBook and it will make a great Hackintosh as soon as I get some blank DVDs.

Anyway, here are the specs of it:

-- Rocketfish (made by Lian Li) full tower case
-- 1000W Enermax Galaxy PSU
-- Gigabyte X48T-DQ6 motherboard
-- Core 2 Quad Q6600 stable @3GHz, 1.23V
-- 2GB DDR3 1333MHz memory
-- two 150GB WD 10,000 RPM hard drives in RAID 0
-- Thermaltake Big Typhoon CPU cooler
-- Radeon HD 4350 (I do not game)

I recently turned 15.

DoFoT9
Mar 15, 2009, 08:04 AM
The secret police seems to have deleted the post I was planning to edit... so...

Picked this not-so-little beauty up last night. Cost less than a good used MacBook and it will make a great Hackintosh as soon as I get some blank DVDs.

I recently turned 15.

finally got that puppy running hey?? nice nice! any bencharks to compare to the new MP's :rolleyes:

iMpathetic
Mar 15, 2009, 08:28 AM
Looks like I am trading blows with a 2.66GHz quad Mac Pro.

As for the second PC, it is close to the quad G5.

tompon1923
Mar 15, 2009, 11:23 AM

I recently turned 15.

:eek: That is one big case... How are those 10krpm drives?? I'm planning to get one for my PowerMac.

Anyway this is my workspace:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3616/3356152811_a5d6a38783.jpg

Still love PPC Tech... Can't really complain :p

iMpathetic
Mar 15, 2009, 11:39 AM
They are very, very nice!

Yes, the case is big. Very big. It astounds me how big the case is. It takes 'full tower' to a whole new level. :D

The drives are great. Installing OS X took about eight minutes. I have them out of RAID right now because Vista doesn't like RAID and I don't want to mess with the drivers.

Nice setup, by the way!

maclover001
Mar 15, 2009, 12:19 PM

I recently turned 15.

Is that a huge case or a tiny motherboard?

uhohzitzcooky
Mar 15, 2009, 12:25 PM
Raid0 works well with Vista. Well, on the Intel side anyways. I notice you were using the GSATA on the board instead, try using the standard SATA ports and Intel's RAID controller instead to see if you get better luck. I've heard some not so great things about GSATA and it's jmicron chipset.

I have the Rocketfish case too. Picked it up for about $50 when they were being cleared out at Best Buy, so not bad at all. Just a bummer that there's no removable MOBO tray.

They are very, very nice!

Yes, the case is big. Very big. It astounds me how big the case is. It takes 'full tower' to a whole new level. :D

The drives are great. Installing OS X took about eight minutes. I have them out of RAID right now because Vista doesn't like RAID and I don't want to mess with the drivers.

Nice setup, by the way!

iMpathetic
Mar 15, 2009, 12:27 PM
Is that a huge case or a tiny motherboard?

Standard ATX motherboard, giant case.

Raid0 works well with Vista. Well, on the Intel side anyways. I notice you were using the GSATA on the board instead, try using the standard SATA ports and Intel's RAID controller instead to see if you get better luck. I've heard some not so great things about GSATA and it's jmicron chipset.

I have the Rocketfish case too. Picked it up for about $50 when they were being cleared out at Best Buy, so not bad at all. Just a bummer that there's no removable MOBO tray.

ARE YOU M'FING KIDDING ME?????

I was using the effing Intel drivers for the Jmicron ports! No wonder I couldn't get it to work!!!!

Lovely case though.

SkyBell
Mar 15, 2009, 12:37 PM
Quoted from the other thread.

I tried externals with the iBook and they did not work great. I hated using the 1024*768 screen while at school or away from home or when I wanted out of the 90-100 room during the summer.

I can barely work on my 1280*854 PB and need an upgrade (meaning higher resolution!) And an external costs more money and I would probably have a better chance of getting a $1300 computer than a $1000 computer + $500 24 inch monitor. Plus an external stays at home while a laptop screen goes with you.
I suppose you've never had to use a clamshell iBook G3 for a month. 800*600 is all you get.;)

I guess I'm not really a power user, but 1024*768 seems a pretty decent resolution for the things you're wanting to do. I'm guessing you run Leopard, so you have Spaces to help with things like that. (Or maybe I'm thinking of Stacks...eh, it's been too long since I've used Leopard to remember)

All I am saying is a MacBook would be a downgrade from my PB in many ways.

My PowerBook cannot even stay plugged in by itself. It manages to unplug itself!

The prices will come down on 30" too and I like to use my old laptop as a desktop so in 2 years when 30" are $500-600 I will be forced to use the PB if I get a MB.
That's a good thing I suppose.

When I bought my PB I thought I was getting a 1440*900 screen

I hate video adapters!

No comment about the matte screen!
I could have sworn the PowerBooks had better resolution then 1024*768 as their max. maybe I'm wrong though.

I am using the backlit KB to type this post!
That would be a loss, I admit. But really, do you need it? I can type pretty well in the dark with my iBook. Or better yet, keep the light on. ;)

How many times is this power adapter going to fall out! Three times during this post so far

I will loose:

my PC card slot.

FW 800

metal case

the good speakers my PB has

100 GB 5400 RPM HD

15 inch screen

Backlit KB

I will gain

3 video adapters instead of one (VGA)

A power port that will actually stay connected with the cord

Smaller size (Which is bad to me I tried small with my iBook and did not like the low resolution screen that came with small size)

A power port that works

a 60 - 80 GB 4200 RPM HD

DDR 2 (but only 2 GB)

A power port that will stay connected
Well, it is a trade off, but you do have to make a decision. If your PowerBook didn't have so many problems, I would recommend you keep it. But if it really does have all those issues, it sounds like a MacBook would be a good thing for you.

hafruit
Mar 15, 2009, 03:41 PM
A couple of people wondered where I got my desk in the old thread. Here it is:
http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=20001&partNumber=591895&Trail=searchtext%3EDESK

wfoster
Mar 15, 2009, 03:54 PM
I'm fourteen.

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff259/Squidee/P1000395.jpg
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff259/Squidee/P1000397.jpg
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff259/Squidee/P1000398.jpg
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff259/Squidee/P1000399.jpg
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff259/Squidee/P1000400.jpg
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff259/Squidee/P1000401.jpg

dmmcintyre3
Mar 16, 2009, 10:20 AM
I could have sworn the PowerBooks had better resolution then 1024*768 as their max. maybe I'm wrong though.

My PowerBook has a 1280*854 screen but I thought it was 1440*960 when I bought it.

MacBook actually has less resolution than my PowerBook.

suppose you've never had to use a clamshell iBook G3 for a month. 800*600 is all you get.

I would put a 1280*1024 screen in it!

If your PowerBook didn't have so many problems, I would recommend you keep it.

The only thing wrong with my PB is the power cable falling out which is just I need a new power adapter. I need a second one anyway and the one I have will work fine at a desk because the computer does not get moved after it is put there unlike on my bed where it gets moved all the time and that is when it falls out. If you thought I had alot of things wrong with my PB other than the power adapter falling out I was meaning the iBook. The power adapter shorting out was the PowerBook but I had that fixed.

The power adapter did not fall out this whole post.

Apple must have used the bottom case as a heatsink in this PB.

I have a 45 watt power adapter for my PowerBook and I need a 70 watt one anyway as my CPU is 100% and only 99 MA/h is going to the battery for charging. 99 MA/h going to a battery when 1000 MA/h left to charge! 10:00 to go!

Now it is plugged in but the battery is going DOWN.

I unplugged it and the screen dimmed temporarily and then brightened back up. So did the backlit KB Was there a power surge inside my PowerBook?

SkyBell
Mar 16, 2009, 05:20 PM
My PowerBook has a 1280*854 screen but I thought it was 1440*960 when I bought it.

MacBook actually has less resolution than my PowerBook.

I would put a 1280*1024 screen in it!

The only thing wrong with my PB is the power cable falling out which is just I need a new power adapter. I need a second one anyway and the one I have will work fine at a desk because the computer does not get moved after it is put there unlike on my bed where it gets moved all the time and that is when it falls out. If you thought I had alot of things wrong with my PB other than the power adapter falling out I was meaning the iBook. The power adapter shorting out was the PowerBook but I had that fixed.

The power adapter did not fall out this whole post.

Apple must have used the bottom case as a heatsink in this PB.

I have a 45 watt power adapter for my PowerBook and I need a 70 watt one anyway as my CPU is 100% and only 99 MA/h is going to the battery for charging. 99 MA/h going to a battery when 1000 MA/h left to charge! 10:00 to go!

Now it is plugged in but the battery is going DOWN.
Oh, it's just the charger? Well then get a new charger silly.
:p
I unplugged it and the screen dimmed temporarily and then brightened back up. So did the backlit KB Was there a power surge inside my PowerBook?
Nah, that happens to my iBook all the time.

DoFoT9
Mar 16, 2009, 05:38 PM
Nah, that happens to my iBook all the time.

:eek: your iBook has a backlit KB?!?!?!

iMpathetic
Mar 16, 2009, 06:39 PM
Aren't her excuses for PPC's generally anemic performance quaint? :p

Benjamindaines
Mar 16, 2009, 06:42 PM
That's what happens when you have it set to dim the screen when running on battery power and have an ambient light sensor. It dims, and then comes back to the same level... kind of counter intuitive but that's how it is.

SkyBell
Mar 16, 2009, 07:02 PM
[/B]
:eek: your iBook has a backlit KB?!?!?!
I meant the screen. :p
Aren't her excuses for PPC's generally anemic performance quaint? :p

Huh? I was just saying my iBook does the same thing as his PowerBook, so he shouldn't worry about it. :confused:

iMpathetic
Mar 16, 2009, 07:09 PM
I meant the screen. :p

Huh? I was just saying my iBook does the same thing as his PowerBook, so he shouldn't worry about it. :confused:

I was just kiddiddling, chillax, yo.

Reaallllyyy addled right now, disregard anything I say.

shanshor
Mar 16, 2009, 10:20 PM
My setup. Specs in sig.

I'm a Mac, and I'm 15

sunday
Mar 17, 2009, 04:45 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3575/3363986846_e7c74717b5_b.jpg

Frogg
Mar 17, 2009, 05:25 PM
Ehh, im a long time watcher and first time poster (I know how much of a clich that is)

Im 17.

Just bought a mac last Friday after wanting one for 2 years. Im pretty proficient in Final Cut Studio 2. I mostly use my PC for editing with Adobe CS3.

Dell XPS 420
Macbook 2.0 160gb 2gb ram

Its a bit messy at the moment, but until i get the new desk it will be. :p

Also what do you guys think of getting a mac pro? I'll be making some big bucks producing some shows for a local cable company, and I was looking at the pro.... (add Final Cut to that)

Jacqueclaude
Mar 17, 2009, 06:04 PM
You'll have to excuse the poor camera quality, I don't know what I've done to the thing. It used to work great.

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/9964/pic0173.th.jpg (http://img12.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pic0173.jpg)
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/6553/pic0174g.th.jpg (http://img22.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pic0174g.jpg)
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/2664/pic0177.th.jpg (http://img27.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pic0177.jpg)

The toshiba tecra M2 (the one on top) is a marvellous machine. I've had it for lord knows how long, and it's never let me down. It even runs Vista quite well. The other Tecra underneath it is beyond dead. I spilled a cup of coffee over it. I'm going to see what I can salvage from it.

The iMac is my first mac. Had it since septemberish, and I'm quite pleased with it. Could have gotten better spec for my money, by getting a Windows machine, but oh well. I just like the aesthetics of iMacs.

Ah, and my sony vaio..thing. I'm not even sure what model it is, or spec. I just bought it for use it on the go, which is rare.

The picture of Leona Lewis, by the way, is indeed signed. Just felt I needed to mention that so I don't look like some prat who frames pictures he found on google, or something.

Oh, and I'm 16.

geekindisguise
Mar 17, 2009, 10:24 PM
My setup. Specs in sig.

I'm a Mac, and I'm 15

haha I get it. It's like what Microsoft does with their commercials with the little kids and how easy it is to use them. Then they say "I am a PC, and only 3 years old." The only difference is that 3 year olds wouldn't be able to do all that. Well, I don't think they could.

shanshor
Mar 17, 2009, 10:53 PM
haha I get it. It's like what Microsoft does with their commercials with the little kids and how easy it is to use them. Then they say "I am a PC, and only 3 years old." The only difference is that 3 year olds wouldn't be able to do all that. Well, I don't think they could.

haha yeah. I can't take full credit for it though, saw someone else do it and i thought it was funny :)

yeah i wonder how many times those kids had to go through that script... hah

tompon1923
Mar 18, 2009, 02:54 PM
The only difference is that 3 year olds wouldn't be able to do all that. Well, I don't think they could.

I totally beg the difference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgTsqQsYq4I

You obviously didn't met Little bastard operator from hell.

(sound turned off by youtube.... it was funnier with sound)

dmmcintyre3
Mar 20, 2009, 01:21 PM
Has this thread died?

Well I just fixed the iBook.

Edit: it locked up again :( For some reason when I boot it off the PowerBook it takes longer to lock up.

It will sometimes (first boot for the day) work until the HD cable falls out (that is how it has failed last two times it worked. I cannot seem to keep the HD cable in long enough for it to lock up by itself.

geekindisguise
Mar 20, 2009, 01:45 PM
You know what I just realized? 1) I haven't posted my setup in here 2) You don't have to have a mac for this thread!
I still don't have a mac, but if I could I would definitely have a 24" iMac and then a MacBook Pro 17" but I could probably buy a car for less than what I would pay for those two.
So here is my actual setup. Its a beast compared to the computers my friends have. :D

Hopefully this weekend I will be getting a 22" monitor for Dual Displays.

My first Mac will most likely be a MacBook or a Mac Mini, if I buy new. Otherwise it will be some older G4 or something off craigslist.com

Ohh maybe I should list what I have.

Gateway GT5622 PC with Vista
19" Gateway display
Logitech Z-2300 Speakers
Canon MP610 Photo printer
Canon Rebel XTI someting or other
LG Vu
Sony Bravia 32" LCD
Cheap Memorex wireless keyboard & mouse

AlmostJosh
Mar 20, 2009, 07:31 PM
i got a sexy new office chair :D

aaquib
Mar 20, 2009, 07:37 PM
i got a sexy new office chair :D

That baby looks comfy :D

Pika
Mar 21, 2009, 05:37 AM
2009 LightWeight workstation:

Apple Mac Pro 8-Core 2.93GHz (Nehalem)
Apple MacBook Pro 15" 2.93GHz (Unibody)
Apple 24" LED Cinema Display
Apple Time Capsule 1TB
Apple iPhone 3G 16GB
Apple TV 160GB
Apple Remote
Apple In-Ear Headphones
Apple Wired & Wireless Keyboard
Apple Wired & Wireless Mighty Mouse

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3382/3486321462_700c61e497_b.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3578/3486661398_a2ea5f5166_b.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3350/3486663978_cd22f1197d_b.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3213/3486668960_a1b7925936_b.jpg

dmmcintyre3
Mar 22, 2009, 03:12 AM
where do these kids get the money for these expensive computers and monitors?

bobfitz14
Mar 22, 2009, 07:57 AM

this has definitely been brought up at least once as far as i remember...some kids work all summer, some have wealthy parents, some save up from birthdays/christmas etc.

simplymuzik3
Mar 22, 2009, 08:23 AM

I save up from all my B-days, christmas etc. Then I sell my old stuff that I dont use on kijiji. Sometimes, I get lucky and find a good deal on a mac, then I buy it and sell it for a profit. I also work in the summer sometimes. Everytime I get something new for my setup, I sell something that it replaced(if possible). Right now Im saving up for a 20" apple cinema display :D And I always buy used, because its soooo much cheaper!

msheldrick
Mar 22, 2009, 09:03 AM
how many people can honestly say that they payed for their own Mac? i did and i'm 14

it's just the Mid Range Penryn MacBook (in the signature)

i'll try and dig out the camera later

simplymuzik3
Mar 22, 2009, 09:45 AM
I paid for all my own macs, they were all purchased less than 6 months ago. I bought a powermac g4 gigbit Ethernet, g4 quicksilver, and powermac g5 dual 1.8. Each time I buy a new mac, I sell my old one for a profit.

MattZani
Mar 22, 2009, 11:15 AM
I Payed 1,000 of my MBP, and my Parents paid the rest for good exam results.

ethical
Mar 22, 2009, 11:31 AM
I got a job during the summer before last when I was 15/16 and saved up for my mac and ipod (which i broke about 3 months later:mad:) . Earnt lots of money....and then spent it all in one go :p

Robbbin
Mar 22, 2009, 11:46 AM
This is our family's Mac setup... So my 11 years old use it too.

Apple Mac Pro 8-Core 2.26GHz (Nehalem)
Apple MacBook Pro 15" 2.66GHz (Unibody)
Apple 24" LED Cinema Display
Apple Time Capsule 1TB
Apple iPhone 3G 8GB

Our garage floor view.

This is how it feels...

Our local Apple Store is only 1 square street far.

How many times is this setup gonna turn up? I mean it's nice to have this stuff, but just don't post the same setup a billion times. It'll look like bragging :/

dmmcintyre3
Mar 23, 2009, 03:21 PM
I know I have seen this at least 2 times!

hatehereyes
Mar 23, 2009, 03:31 PM
I know I have seen this at least 2 times!

It's been posted a few more times than that i think.

iwantmymacnow
Mar 24, 2009, 04:01 AM
Thought I'd post this here as well seeing as I'm 17. Here is my own little design studio in my bedroom :) I'm a first year graphic design student and I am in love with my setup. It actually makes me want to do homework lol.

Macbook 2.4ghz
Dell 2209WA monitor
Ikea desk
Very legitimate "apple" mouse and mousepad :)

iMpathetic
Mar 24, 2009, 06:40 AM
how many people can honestly say that they payed for their own Mac? i did and i'm 14

Internet high five to you, sir! :)

Same here, but I just turned 15.

Update: Have OC'ed my Q6600 to 3.6GHz and am about to reinstall Leopard to get it working. Beast mode on!

MattyK
Mar 24, 2009, 06:59 AM
Internet high five to you, sir! :)

Same here, but I just turned 15.

Update: Have OC'ed my Q6600 to 3.6GHz and am about to reinstall Leopard to get it working. Beast mode on!

I payed a whole $200AUD for my MacBook. :D

How I love stupid people.

DoFoT9
Mar 24, 2009, 07:09 AM
I payed a whole $200AUD for my MacBook. :D

How I love stupid people.

WHUT!!!! thats outrageous!! i hate being the dumbest of all my friends haha..

im 19 atm, but when i bought my MBP i was 15. i saved up 3 years for it. paid somewhere around the $4500 mark (it was the top of the range model). still runs GREAT to this day. i love it.

MattyK
Mar 24, 2009, 07:16 AM
WHUT!!!! thats outrageous!! i hate being the dumbest of all my friends haha..

im 19 atm, but when i bought my MBP i was 15. i saved up 3 years for it. paid somewhere around the $4500 mark (it was the top of the range model). still runs GREAT to this day. i love it.

ahah, mine has 3gb ram, 250gb HD and a superdrive, all for $200.

It's still running great too. But it's awesome that you saved up $4500, you must be so proud. It doesn't matter how much you pay, as long as you love it!

DoFoT9
Mar 24, 2009, 07:20 AM

impressive, i am VERY jealous. i could of made that much in a week lol!!!

It's still running great too. But it's awesome that you saved up $4500, you must be so proud. It doesn't matter how much you pay, as long as you love it!

oh **** yea i love my machine. it gets stressed every single day, getting WAY to slow for my needs but i cant afford another one at this point in time unfortunately. its a great computer though, perfect for a n00bie - not for a 'heavy' user haha.

iMpathetic
Mar 24, 2009, 08:24 PM

Was he trippin'?

Seriously, HOW did you score that?

MattyK
Mar 25, 2009, 02:30 AM
Was he trippin'?

Seriously, HOW did you score that?

Well, to go into detail, his cat jumped on the screen and snapped it clean off, so he just took it out and claimed that it didn't work.

Me being the smart fellow that I am :rolleyes: said hey, I'll buy it off you for $100, stupidly enough he said yes and sold it to me the next day.

I just connected it to a power source and connected it to a 19" display, from there on it was easy sailing.

Then one day, my sister fianc said 'hey Matt, you want a screen for your macbook?' and I'm like 'helll yeah!' so he sold me a water damaged white macbook for $100, so a ifixit guide and a glass of juice later, I had a white macbook screen on a black macbook body, I put the black bezel on and replaced the black keys with white, and there you have it :)

Here's some pics of the laptop itself. As for my setup, I don't have a camera right now. I had to take this with my brothers iPhone a few weeks ago.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd189/matteh_boy/IMG_0433.jpg

Notice the claw marks in the middle-left.
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd189/matteh_boy/IMG_0450.jpg

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd189/matteh_boy/IMG_0435.jpg

Oh, and a before shot.. (I got a new desk, so don't tease :p)

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd189/matteh_boy/Photo72-2.jpg

DoFoT9
Mar 25, 2009, 04:13 AM
*awsome story*

*images*

omg that is SO intense. !!!! the bottom picture with no screen looks so trippy, its like it shouldnt be working!! kinda like a chicken with no head, or a car with no engine.. Its still working but!! wowowo

mickbab
Mar 25, 2009, 04:31 AM
My (family's) Mac setup hasn't changed at all but here is the pic I posted in the "messy desks" thread recently.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3062/3367912144_c32f6efac7_b.jpg
Click to make big!

What you see behind the mess: iMac, Time Capsule, HP Photosmart all-in-one printer/scan/fax/copy, mine and my mums iPhones, wired keyboard and mouse, and lots of junk. Oh and there is an iPod Mini there too.

Specs: 20" 2Ghz iMac, 1.5GB RAM, 250GB HDD.

Specs. Brings me to my next point.
Here is my setup. Macbook and iMac. Specs in sig
I'm sure some people are quite interested in the specs other people have, isn't that why we post? Signatures/specs/systems change over time, so how about the specs go in the post so when people come back and look in a year, month or even a week, we know what we see? My specs used to be in my signature, but as I post this, they aren't. Following?

Just my thoughts.

iMpathetic
Mar 25, 2009, 06:09 AM
omg that is SO intense. !!!! the bottom picture with no screen looks so trippy, its like it shouldnt be working!! kinda like a chicken with no head, or a car with no engine.. Its still working but!! wowowo

Reminds me of the 2.7GHz G5 I got for $100 with a bad hard drive.

DoFoT9
Mar 25, 2009, 06:45 AM
Reminds me of the 2.7GHz G5 I got for $100 with a bad hard drive.

:| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :|

you guys REALLY have to hook me up! here i am ebaying stuff for around $1000 when i could have easy peasy fixit jobs for $100!!!

tompon1923
Mar 25, 2009, 12:53 PM
/sarcasm

dmmcintyre3
Mar 25, 2009, 01:13 PM
I have a friend that got a TiBook with a dead backlight and broken hinges for free. He took the hinges from another broken TiBook and and found out the problem with the backlight was the cable was shorting so he wrapped the two wires running from the inverter to the screen with electrical tape and it was fixed!

cherry su
Mar 25, 2009, 06:07 PM

You sir are winner. What an amazing deal!!! and cool macbook :)

iMpathetic
Mar 25, 2009, 06:47 PM
:| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :|

you guys REALLY have to hook me up! here i am ebaying stuff for around $1000 when i could have easy peasy fixit jobs for $100!!!

Poor, poor child. :D

It only happened once though, and they thought it wasn't worth fixing (the previous owners who were my friend's parents). I offered them it back, obviously, but they said I could keep it 'cause they already bought another Mac.

maclover001
Mar 26, 2009, 11:40 PM
I'm 15, my mom bought me the monitor, but I payed for the MPB myself (with some of the money from my now-sold Whitebook, which my dad bought me). Now all I need is a mini DisplayPort adapter :rolleyes:

Sorry its a bit fuzzy, I'm new to SLRs :)

EDIT: That spot on the monitor from the lamp is nowhere near as bad as it looks in the picture.

tompon1923
Mar 27, 2009, 04:57 PM
added a Dell 1707fp today, awesome and dirtcheap monitor!!!

anyway, it's kinda a mess right now....

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3621/3390126777_dcc93ed7a3.jpg?v=0

Watching diggnation..... :cool:

arthursiew
Apr 1, 2009, 10:03 PM
Things have changed since the last time I posted here...

SkyBell
Apr 1, 2009, 10:12 PM

What I'm wondering is how the heck you guys save enough to get a new Mac! In my life I've had about $1500 total, but nowhere near that amount at one time.

Anyway, yes, paid for my iBook G4 and eMac myself. Great little machines, they are. I'm 16 now, bought the iBook when I was 15.

Apple all life
Apr 4, 2009, 08:34 PM
http://s688.photobucket.com/albums/vv245/ninjasownyou/?action=view&current=IMG_0086.jpg

http://s688.photobucket.com/albums/vv245/ninjasownyou/?action=view&current=IMG_0087.jpg

http://s688.photobucket.com/albums/vv245/ninjasownyou/?action=view&current=IMG_0088-1.jpg

Sorry for crappy quality Don't have my d300 with me used my iphone. I used macs all my life since I was born and I am 14. I have xbox 360, sony surround sound, 19inch tv, and 2.4 macbook, with icurve stand. If you wanna play 360
gamertag is xVx Angel xVx

Nuttydev
Apr 5, 2009, 02:36 AM
http://s688.photobucket.com/albums/vv245/ninjasownyou/?action=view&current=IMG_0086.jpg

http://s688.photobucket.com/albums/vv245/ninjasownyou/?action=view&current=IMG_0087.jpg

http://s688.photobucket.com/albums/vv245/ninjasownyou/?action=view&current=IMG_0088-1.jpg

Sorry for crappy quality Don't have my d300 with me used my iphone. I used macs all my life since I was born and I am 14. I have xbox 360, sony surround sound, 19inch tv, and 2.4 macbook, with icurve stand. If you wanna play 360
gamertag is xVx Angel xVx

Ah good man, you play CoD 4 instead of WaW :cool:

Robbbin
Apr 5, 2009, 06:10 AM
What I'm wondering is how the heck you guys save enough to get a new Mac! In my life I've had about $1500 total, but nowhere near that amount at one time.

Anyway, yes, paid for my iBook G4 and eMac myself. Great little machines, they are. I'm 16 now, bought the iBook when I was 15.

Well it's kinda all about ambitions, you need to be good at something "special" so you can get yourself a nice job. I work as a webdeveloper programming in xHTML, PHP and MySQL, 4 months of working and I had the money to buy myself the unibody Macbook Pro, Led Cinema Display and some other stuff. Just keep looking on a way to earn some money. Jobs which need self-study will likely pay much more than regular jobs like selling stuff at your local shop. I am 17 btw.

bobfitz14
Apr 5, 2009, 10:18 AM
Ah good man, you play CoD 4 instead of WaW :cool:

yayaya i much prefer COD4 over WAW. i cannot wait for COD4 Modern Warfare 2//COD6 Modern Warfare.

EDIT: except zombies on WAW is pretty fun.

iMpathetic
Apr 5, 2009, 01:21 PM
Well, I finally got the Hac Pro set up at Mom's house. I recently turned 15.

-- Core 2 Quad Q6600 stable @3.6GHz, 1.33V
-- Thermaltake Big Typhoon CPU cooler w/ Apevia blue LED fan. Keeps it 2-3C cooler than the Thermaltake fan.
-- Radeon HD3870X2 OC 1GB. Resolutions working but no CI or QE. Help?

http://att.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=165717&d=1238852141
http://att.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=165718&d=1238852141

darrenscerri
Apr 6, 2009, 03:14 AM
My Mac Setup! I'm 17 btw. :D :apple:

Deomitrus
Apr 6, 2009, 08:24 AM
What I'm wondering is how the heck you guys save enough to get a new Mac!

There's no magic here or fancy jobs. Most people under 18 are living with their parents, or under some other kind of support. That means they don't have any [relative to adults] bills, expenses, loans, etc. That leaves any money they might have to be spent on whatever they want.

iMpathetic
Apr 6, 2009, 08:29 AM
Making money is simple: Go to the dump, snag a couple of Pentium III systems, sell them, and now you've got $200 in capital to buy other things to resell.

pointandclick
Apr 6, 2009, 03:31 PM
Well it's kinda all about ambitions, you need to be good at something "special" so you can get yourself a nice job. I work as a webdeveloper programming in xHTML, PHP and MySQL, 4 months of working and I had the money to buy myself the unibody Macbook Pro, Led Cinema Display and some other stuff. Just keep looking on a way to earn some money. Jobs which need self-study will likely pay much more than regular jobs like selling stuff at your local shop. I am 17 btw.

How exactly do you find work? It is my understanding that being a freelance webdev (or freelance anything for that matter) is a tough road. I guess since your still in school and don't have to rely on steady work it makes for some nice spending money though.

Apple all life
Apr 6, 2009, 03:34 PM
connections help my uncle is head manager of a private club, so I get to work there in the summer, just ask you parents if they know anybody too and see if that can help, cant hurt right?

Robbbin
Apr 6, 2009, 05:16 PM
How exactly do you find work? It is my understanding that being a freelance webdev (or freelance anything for that matter) is a tough road. I guess since your still in school and don't have to rely on steady work it makes for some nice spending money though.

Well as always you need to start at the bottom of the ladder, it's not you who needs to find a job. The job needs to find you, start by making some name while participating in an open-source project (phpBB was it for me). Release some of your work for open-source, thrust me... people saying your stuff rocks really gives you a kick in the right direction. Then just start by making some custom plugins/styles/modifications for that particular open-source project this way you'll get some money to buy some cool stuff like an iPod or so. (Worth-mentioning: People in my country (The Netherlands) under 29 can earn max. $1600 (1200) per 3 months without paying taxes for it).

Anyway, let's get back to the topic.. once you've made a name and are quite well known in the "local" web world and thus having some interesting people in your msn-list. You can start showing your work to them, don't act like your watching for a job. Just ask them some feedback.

Now this is where the action begins, once some people saw your work and liked it, then they will automatically contact you for a potential job they might have for you.

So after all it all depends on what you do with your internet-life. But in my opinion the internet is THE opportunity to express yourself to other interesting people. Just don't be impatient, hard work will always pay off ;).

Once you have the job, don't just sit back and relax. But keep on working, you can always climb higher on the ladder.

One last advice... using hide-names on the internet can be good, spam-bots or evil people will never see your real name... but remember that this will also prevent interesting people from seeing your name. Offcourse it's your own choice to use whatever name in the internet you want, but I didn't (simply because I hadn't thought about the consequences). Having a good job I don't really care that my Gmail is flooded with spam. (Isn't this why they invented spamboxes in the first place?).

So far my road to where I am now, it took me two years to accomplish it. I hope some of the readers here can do something with it.

Anyway... it's 12:15 am here in the Netherlands, I'll just stop typing before I discover I'm late for school next morning.

SkyBell
Apr 6, 2009, 05:34 PM
Making money is simple: Go to the dump, snag a couple of Pentium III systems, sell them, and now you've got $200 in capital to buy other things to resell.

My parents are unhappy about the stuff I get as it is. :P

pointandclick
Apr 6, 2009, 07:56 PM
So far my road to where I am now, it took me two years to accomplish it. I hope some of the readers here can do something with it.

Thanks for sharing.:)

For me the biggest problem is not knowing what I want to do. I've done a little of everything, but I still don't know which way to go. I've been fixing computers at least since early high school, I have a box full of different operating system discs, taken a couple programming courses, two mcsa courses. Last summer I messed around for the first time (seriously anyway) with html. Took intro to web design last semester and was bored out of my mind. Finished the book a few weeks in and read up on online tutorials.

My problem is I want to be able to do it all. Unfortunately, although I think being well rounded is a must, I realize you can't know everything about everything.;) I'm nearly halfway done with a BS in computer science and I have no better idea of where I'm going than when I started.:(
All I know is I'd like to be able to start a business and not have to put in my 8-5 every day for someone else's gain.

dmmcintyre3
Apr 6, 2009, 08:26 PM
Thought I'd post this here as well seeing as I'm 17. Here is my own little design studio in my bedroom :) I'm a first year graphic design student and I am in love with my setup. It actually makes me want to do homework lol.

[IMG]http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h141/missjardie/IMG_1206.jpg[IMG]

Macbook 2.4ghz
Dell 2209WA monitor
Ikea desk

You need to get a keyboard and move the monitor to the middle so you do not hurt your neck looking to the side to see the monitor.

iMpathetic
Apr 6, 2009, 08:42 PM
You need to get a keyboard and move the monitor to the middle so you do not hurt your neck looking to the side to see the monitor.

I think (REALLY reaching here) that he wouldn't have it set up that way if it hurt his neck.

Rockatteer
Apr 6, 2009, 10:35 PM
I think (REALLY reaching here) that he wouldn't have it set up that way if it hurt his neck.
You mean like people don't sit wrong when typing because it hurts their wrists/back and shoulders?

The point being that kind of injury isn't painful until after the damage is done. He could sit like that for weeks/months/years (depending on how much he uses it) before he's done enough damage to start feeling pain.

iMpathetic
Apr 6, 2009, 10:44 PM
I am currently sitting diagonally from my monitor. Should I call 911?

The Navy?

Barack Obama?

michael.lauden
Apr 6, 2009, 11:14 PM

not a lot of people here - but a lot of people sure can. when you work and pay for your own things they feel a lot better. sure i'd love a mac pro or a UMBP.

i've been working fulltime since i was 13 - and graduated a year and a half early from high school. did a lot of touring with my church and finally started college.

after 2 cars, many amps, many guitars, many many pedals i finally got around to getting myself an Apple product.

I got my MacBook and iPhone inside of the same month (december 23rd for the MacBook - Jan 5th for the iPhone), and then traded my Vox AC30 CC2 for a Mac Mini set up (in Feb.) for my mom to use for school at the house.

at the shop we have to listen to the rap station because that's what my co-workers enjoy and i hear the line:

"it ain't trickin' if you got it" a lot.

but when someone else buys things for you and you show it off - i guess (with lack of a better slang word) you're " trickin' "

iMpathetic
Apr 7, 2009, 08:18 AM
I love that song, and you're absolutely right.

dmmcintyre3
Apr 7, 2009, 01:11 PM
Better pic of my PowerBook. My monitor cable broke so I am using it away from the desk because there is no point in using it at the desk with no benefit.

I am away from home but this pic is from the house. I do not have my camera with me.

iMpathetic
Apr 7, 2009, 03:54 PM
Nice. :)

I am now in saving-up mode.... 17" 2.66GHz MBP. :D:D:D

dmmcintyre3
Apr 7, 2009, 04:53 PM
Nice. :)

I am now in saving-up mode.... 17" 2.66GHz MBP. :D:D:D

You know where I can get a cheap last gen 15 inch MacBook Pro?

Did you notice that pic is 1280*854?

iMpathetic
Apr 7, 2009, 06:02 PM
You know where I can get a cheap last gen 15 inch MacBook Pro?

Did you notice that pic is 1280*854?

YOU'RE USING YOUR OWN COMPUTER AS YOUR WALLPAPER????

Just kidding.

I would try http://www.gainsaver.com/Catalog/List.aspx?CCode=1015^Apple&CCode=2139^Macbook+Pro

Just reaching.

EDIT: For example.... .1.83 Core Duo 15" for $600.

TheSVD
Apr 7, 2009, 06:21 PM
I Payed 1,000 of my MBP, and my Parents paid the rest for good exam results.

opposite for me ;)
i will post my setup when i can take a pic :D

dmmcintyre3
Apr 7, 2009, 07:17 PM
YOU'RE USING YOUR OWN COMPUTER AS YOUR WALLPAPER????

No I just put the picture full screen and took a screenshot to scale it down so it would fit on MacRumors. the pic was too big.

iMpathetic
Apr 7, 2009, 07:18 PM
No I just put the picture full screen and took a screenshot to scale it down so it would fit on MacRumors. the pic was too big.

Oh. I was about to say...

dmmcintyre3
Apr 7, 2009, 07:22 PM
Oh. I was about to say...

That is what you have to do to fit a 8 megapixel DSLR picture on MacRumors

iMpathetic
Apr 7, 2009, 07:24 PM
That is what you have to do to fit a 8 megapixel DSLR picture on MacRumors

You could also use a non-hipster camera. ;)

dmmcintyre3
Apr 7, 2009, 07:25 PM
You could also use a non-hipster camera. ;)

Like a phone or the junk 1.3 megapixel camera I have that sucks batteries or a VGA video camera like I did before.

My PB and Grandma's Dell with 1440*900 (set to 1280*800) screen. (excuse the camera phone pic I do not have a real camera with me)

iMpathetic
Apr 7, 2009, 07:32 PM
Like a phone or the junk 1.3 megapixel camera I have that sucks batteries or a VGA video camera like I did before.

Oh.

Yeah.

;)

Yaris
Apr 7, 2009, 08:38 PM
I would try http://www.gainsaver.com/Catalog/List.aspx?CCode=1015^Apple&CCode=2139^Macbook+Pro

I thought it turned out that gainsaver was a scam?

SkyBell
Apr 8, 2009, 11:06 AM
I thought it turned out that gainsaver was a scam?

IIRC they are legit, but they have horrible service.

iMpathetic
Apr 8, 2009, 11:31 AM
IIRC they are legit, but they have horrible service.

Yeah, the site I write for (Low End Mac) had an article about a sale on MBPs so I assumed they were legit.

dmmicintyre3, I'm amazed your grandma knows what a computer IS.

I offered to give mine an iMac and it took me 15 minutes to explain to her what the Internet is. ;)

SkyBell
Apr 8, 2009, 11:35 AM
Yeah, the site I write for (Low End Mac) had an article about a sale on MBPs so I assumed they were legit.

I offered to give mine an iMac and it took me 15 minutes to explain to her what the Internet is. ;)

My grandmother is 70 years old and she knows how to check her email and do word documents. :)

Heck, I have a grandfather that's 81 and he knows more about computers then my mom does. :p

jhawk2
Apr 8, 2009, 11:39 AM

I started by getting an ibook g3 for $75. I then started buying and selling macs. I now am typing on a macbook I got for $200. I have made over $1500 (In the bank) :) Oh how I love winodows users who sell macs. ;)

SkyBell
Apr 8, 2009, 11:42 AM
I remember you asking about whether or not to buy that iBook; glad you've managed to get what you have now.

dmmcintyre3
Apr 8, 2009, 11:48 AM

They downgrade their computers. You have to pay extra for a airport card there. 80 GB HD and combo drive. If you put it to the original specs it is the price of it anywhere else.

I have seen some of your articles on Low End Mac

That picture was taken with her cell phone

Her dell has 2 GB RAM and a 160 GB HD. Some amd processor and ATI integrated graphics. 17 inch 1440*900 screen

MacsBestFriend
Apr 11, 2009, 10:52 AM
Well, right now I use my mom's last gen iMac. I could buy my MacBook if I wanted to right now, but I am holding out until the summer for 100 bucks off and a free iPod Touch. I also would like Snow Leopard on my machine without paying for a upgrade two months later, even though the details are very shady :confused:. I also want a dirt cheap monitor and an old iMac I can buy from my school, which is upgrading all of it's machines right now.

My camera is a Olympus FE-350 Wide I got for my birthday last month.
I am going to get a BB Storm next week for my bday present from my dad and I am gining the free one to my older sister.

My (Mom's) setup:
[just took a pic- ill put it up in a sec!]

http://blog.seattletimes.nwsource.com/brierdudley/BB_Storm_Front_Left.jpg
http://www.uncrate.com/men/images/2008/10/macbook-aluminum.jpg

MacBook.Matt
Apr 12, 2009, 11:22 AM
13" MacBook Aluminum 2.4ghz 4GB RAM
22" AOC Monitor, Great deal @ CompUSA/TigerDirect
Some 8$ Logitech Speakers I picked up at a liquidation sale
Bluetooth Mouse, Keyboard coming soon!

http://i596.photobucket.com/albums/tt47/ferrignomatt/P1000191.jpg

edit: Glare on MacBook is nowhere near as bad as it looks!

iJesus
Apr 12, 2009, 05:42 PM
It always feels good to have a nice clean screen after using iKlear.
A picture I took for my Twitter update:

toolbox
Apr 12, 2009, 08:35 PM
My grandmother is 70 years old and she knows how to check her email and do word documents. :)

Heck, I have a grandfather that's 81 and he knows more about computers then my mom does. :p

Wow that is pretty cool, my grandmother is into the computer as well. But she chose to by a toshiba rather then a mac which i strongly suggested she does. My parents are just starting to learn also.

MacDaddy901
Apr 12, 2009, 09:00 PM

iKlear is the shiz.

mac88
Apr 12, 2009, 09:02 PM

The iMac's screen looks awesome!

dmmcintyre3
Apr 12, 2009, 09:26 PM

I noticed you like your dock on the side. Why do you like it like that?

michael.lauden
Apr 12, 2009, 09:43 PM

probably for more vertical room while browsing

dmmcintyre3
Apr 12, 2009, 09:53 PM
probably for more vertical room while browsing

Well for me width is more important then hight. But then again I have 54 extra vertical pixels on my PowerBook compared to a MacBook

lordsion
Apr 13, 2009, 02:22 AM
My (family's) Mac setup hasn't changed at all but here is the pic I posted in the "messy desks" thread recently.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3062/3367912144_c32f6efac7_b.jpg
Click to make big!

What you see behind the mess: iMac, Time Capsule, HP Photosmart all-in-one printer/scan/fax/copy, mine and my mums iPhones, wired keyboard and mouse, and lots of junk. Oh and there is an iPod Mini there too.

Specs: 20" 2Ghz iMac, 1.5GB RAM, 250GB HDD.

Specs. Brings me to my next point.

I'm sure some people are quite interested in the specs other people have, isn't that why we post? Signatures/specs/systems change over time, so how about the specs go in the post so when people come back and look in a year, month or even a week, we know what we see? My specs used to be in my signature, but as I post this, they aren't. Following?

Just my thoughts.

Can i guess ... do you work at Woolworths????? It's just that i get the exact same payslip as you.... Also lol i have that deodorant and all that other Australia stuff! lol

mickbab
Apr 13, 2009, 05:17 AM
Can i guess ... do you work at Woolworths????? It's just that i get the exact same payslip as you.... Also lol i have that deodorant and all that other Australia stuff! lol

you are correct! Been there for almost 6 months.

Matingmonkey
Apr 13, 2009, 05:46 AM
2 G4s and a Dell Inspiron laptop
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh104/fierytacoatlivedotcom/100_1817.jpg
Yes, i know, it's a wiring mess, i have no time to fix it up...

michael.lauden
Apr 13, 2009, 01:02 PM
Well for me width is more important then hight. But then again I have 54 extra vertical pixels on my PowerBook compared to a MacBook

cool. for me, i just hide the dock while browsing in certain spaces with Dock Spaces.

most sites i goto i never scroll horizontally, just vertically.

i.e facebook, and MacRumors.

iJesus
Apr 13, 2009, 07:58 PM

It may sound silly but for me I have an easier time rolling my eyes towards the left than down. It seems that my peripheral vision is better side to side than up and down. Plus, it always seems that I pay more attention to the upper 2/3 of my screen than the bottom 1/3. Easier to use.

Perrumpo
Apr 13, 2009, 10:39 PM
It may sound silly but for me I have an easier time rolling my eyes towards the left than down. It seems that my peripheral vision is better side to side than up and down. Plus, it always seems that I pay more attention to the upper 2/3 of my screen than the bottom 1/3. Easier to use.

Agreed. I always loved having mine on the left side. But eventually, I got tired of various applications' toolboxes covering it up and having to move them every time. Particularly Adobe CS apps.

DoFoT9
Apr 14, 2009, 02:13 AM

you are correct! Been there for almost 6 months.

welcome to the club guys :p

been working there for nearly 5 years :-S........

mickbab
Apr 14, 2009, 02:50 AM
welcome to the club guys :p

been working there for nearly 5 years :-S........

What's your position? I'm a checkout chap.

Here is my setup, just cleaned it up today. Will stay like this for a few days before it is dirty again. Actually no, its already got crap all over it.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3350/3440371943_c0565f7831_b.jpg

iMac 20" 2GHz, 1.5GB RAM, 1TB Time Capsule, Wired KB and MM, and an HP Photosmart C7280 All-in-One. See the Woolworths stickers? :D

DoFoT9
Apr 14, 2009, 02:52 AM
What's your position? I'm a checkout chap.

Here is my setup, just cleaned it up today. Will stay like this for a few days before it is dirty again. Actually no, its already got crap all over it.

iMac 20" 2GHz, 1.5GB RAM, 1TB Time Capsule, Wired KB and MM, and an HP Photosmart C7280 All-in-One. See the Woolworths stickers? :D

very nice setup!!

im also a checkout-chick haha! too bad they made me sign an agreement yesterday to not say anything about them... otherwise.. you know..

mickbab
Apr 14, 2009, 03:15 AM
very nice setup!!

im also a checkout-chick haha! too bad they made me sign an agreement yesterday to not say anything about them... otherwise.. you know..

Thanks! It's actually the familys setup not mine, but I get it in my room which is nice.

I like it at woolies, pay isn't so good (I'm 15, or did I already mention that?) when compared to other places, but the people I work with are nice.

Apr 16, 2009, 06:28 PM
http://img.skitch.com/20090411-b5e6xw4xi25if4w66pf829k16j.png
http://img.skitch.com/20090411-c91b43igtprg48yg7536tkm42f.png
http://img.skitch.com/20090411-1jjajx5ju836iqctcejym4k4p8.png

maclover001
Apr 19, 2009, 05:15 PM
Figured it was time for a repost as some stuff got moved around and I bought a G5 to use as a web server.

roryapple
Apr 19, 2009, 05:40 PM
White Imac and hackintosh with a dell monitor. Hackintosh is the black box
http://www.flickr.com/photos/37052500@N06/3457461956/

DoFoT9
Apr 19, 2009, 06:02 PM
Figured it was time for a repost as some stuff got moved around and I bought a G5 to use as a web server.

nice!! ive been searching for a nice G5 to use, they are bloody expensive though!

White Imac and hackintosh with a dell monitor. Hackintosh is the black box
http://www.flickr.com/photos/37052500@N06/3457461956/

excellent! tried playing blur-ray movies on that thing?

Corey Grandy
Apr 19, 2009, 10:51 PM
My Mac Setup:
http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/1985/img0110v.th.jpg (http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/1985/img0110v.jpg)http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/8476/img0111uws.th.jpg (http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/8476/img0111uws.jpg)http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/1653/img0112vgx.th.jpg (http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/1653/img0112vgx.jpg)http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/7335/img0113icp.th.jpg (http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/7335/img0113icp.jpg)http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/8803/img0116n.th.jpg (http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/8803/img0116n.jpg)
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/5738/img0117vtr.th.jpg (http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/5738/img0117vtr.jpg)http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/4578/img0118r.th.jpg (http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/4578/img0118r.jpg)http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/5572/img0120h.th.jpg (http://img5.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0120h.jpg)http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/1407/img0121y.th.jpg (http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/1407/img0121y.jpg)
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/3959/img0119n.th.jpg (http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/3959/img0119n.jpg)http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/1471/img0115pes.th.jpg (http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/1471/img0115pes.jpg)
Click to Enlarge

Specs:

iMac (2008) 20" - 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 250GB HD
iMac (2008) 20" - 2.0GHz, 2GB RAM, 250GB HD (Not Pictured)
HP w2207h Monitor - Portrait
1TB Seagate External HD
500GB Maxtor External HD
80GB iPod Classic - 6G, Black (Not Pictured)
60GB iPod Video - 5G, White
32GB iPod Touch - 2G, Black
4GB iPod Nano - 4G, Yellow
4GB iPod Mini - 2G, Silver (Not Pictured)
1GB iPod Shuffle - 2G, Lavendar (Not Pictured)
4GB Kingston Flash Drive - Purple
2GB Verbatim Flash Drive - Red (Barely Visible)
Apple Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard & Mouse
2 Apple Remotes
32" LG LCD TV
20GB Xbox 360 Premium - Pre-HDMI
Toshiba Satellite - 2.0GHz, 2GB RAM, 160GB HD (Not Pictured)
Logitech 5.1 Surround Speakers/Subwoofer
VTech Cordless Phone (1 of 3 Pictured)
Canon Powershot SD750 - 7.1MP (Used To Photograph)
HP Laserjet P1005
Mac-like Paper Bin

Backstory on this setup is that aside from those things underlined (purchased) or italicized (received), I have procured these items since this past Christmas. The setup is very cluttered, but there's so much out there that I want and I have a terrible time not buying everything I want. Being 16, in high school and getting $125/week for 14 hours of work makes many purchases difficult, but, I am a needy kid. I realize that the desk is very cluttered (or that is how it seems when using it physically) and that the monitor is in fact about an inch off of the desk itself, but it's what we purchased when we moved into this house (based on having a moderate-sized room with a very large bed), and I am currently looking at replacing it with a longer, flat desk (rather than this narrow, high monstrosity). Next purchases include and open-face dock for the Touch ($7; thank you DealExtreme), a Shuffle dock (got my Shuffle used and it came with no dock; $3, again from DealExtreme), a Mac Mini (sick of using my laptop as a Media Center) and possibly a MacBook, if the budget I live on can eventually afford one (I've seen last generation models used on a local swap-site for $500, which is not too bad). I'd also like to get a new set of speakers, as these aren't the best, but I can live with them (I never really had a knack for noticing minute differences in sound-quality).

maclover001
Apr 19, 2009, 11:16 PM
Canon Powershot SD750 - 8.1MP (Used To Photograph)

I have that camera. It's only 7.1mp.

Corey Grandy
Apr 20, 2009, 04:34 AM
I have that camera. It's only 7.1mp.
Oops, thank you for pointing out my mistake. I was actually referring to my last camera, which I replaced because it was too large in size (but I downgraded in MP, funny) and felt like a brick. This is indeed a 7.1MP

dontwalkhand
Apr 20, 2009, 07:12 PM

I am thinking about using a G5 as a web server. Great idea. Nice setup.

maclover001
Apr 20, 2009, 08:30 PM
nice!! ive been searching for a nice G5 to use, they are bloody expensive though!

I am thinking about using a G5 as a web server. Great idea. Nice setup.

Thanks. I got it off Craigslist for $500. It's the last one before the Mac Pro's came out. The guy was selling it because he is "More of a PC guy" :rolleyes: :p:cool:

AaronE
Apr 22, 2009, 09:42 PM
MSI Wind and the Hackintosh

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/7255/photo1aie.jpg
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/9023/photokbh.jpg

Mintin8
Apr 23, 2009, 10:56 AM
Sweet Hackintosh! ^^

Corey Grandy
Apr 23, 2009, 11:08 AM
MSI Wind and the Hackintosh

Really love the Wind, it looks so sleek.

AaronE
Apr 23, 2009, 03:09 PM
Yeah the Wind is really awesome. My screen was kind of messed up, but now its almost gone away. The screen is matte and i hate to say it, but this fits my needs better than the PowerBook did. Perfect size!!!

dmmcintyre3
Apr 23, 2009, 07:44 PM
Yeah the Wind is really awesome. My screen was kind of messed up, but now its almost gone away. The screen is matte and i hate to say it, but this fits my needs better than the PowerBook did. Perfect size!!!

I would rather have the PowerBook. Higher resolution screen. (bigger yes but bigger is better[up to 15 inch then smaller is better])

AaronE
Apr 23, 2009, 07:46 PM
yeah but my powerbook only had 168 more pixels than this one..

iMpathetic
Apr 23, 2009, 08:13 PM
I would rather have the PowerBook. Higher resolution screen. (bigger yes but bigger is better[up to 15 inch then smaller is better])

Yeah, the complete difference in portability got nothin' on the 168 pixels.

dmmcintyre3
Apr 23, 2009, 09:28 PM
most sites i goto i never scroll horizontally, just vertically.

I usually have to fit multiple things on one screen more than a whole page/thread of MR. 1680x1050 screen please apple. READ: side by side not vertical. It is hard to work with just 1 1280x854 screen as I am used to the PB screen + 1280x1024 which means 2-4 documents side by side easily and I can turn the scale factor down to 75% and still read it. I could probably get buy with 1 20" or a 13-15" 1680x1050 laptop.

Yeah, the complete difference in portability got nothin' on the 168 pixels.

actually 172032 pixels.

For me a 15 inch is worth the size and weight. I carried my PB to school and back home every day until I was homeschooled.

The difference between my PB and my dad's dell (or MacBook)is less though. only 69120 pixels.

Boy I wish I had a 1680*1050 screen on my PB (and 4-8 GB RAM and a Core 2 Duo:D)

I wish I could mod a NVIDIA mini and a 1680x1050 screen into a second generation MBP case.

Before anybody asks I did not stop going to school because I was sick of carrying my PB to school. If I was I would have bought a first gen MBA once they were dropped in price to $999 on the refurb store. I quit school after the refurb MBA was $999.

Dell sells 1920x1200 15 inchers so why doesn't Apple.

I have never had anything smaller than 14 inch. If I had of had a <12 I might change my mind but I do not think I would. 1280x800 on 10 inch is the same size as 1920x1200 on 15 inch (which I can read). 1680x1050 on 13 inch seems like the prefect balance. I would never buy a 17 inch though as I can read the same resolution of 17's (1920x1200) on a 15 so there is no point for a 17 inch in my opinion unless you cannot see.

Grandma's 17 inch dell is 17 inch so she can see 1280x800 which I can read on 10".

Furi Kuri
Apr 25, 2009, 06:03 PM
Here's mine

techfreak85
Apr 25, 2009, 06:13 PM
sorry for blurry phone pic. nikon lens is broken. (my sister.)

DoFoT9
Apr 25, 2009, 06:48 PM
sorry for blurry phone pic. nikon lens is broken. (my sister.)

you need better speakers me thinks

techfreak85
Apr 25, 2009, 07:00 PM
you need better speakers me thinks

haha i know. especially cause i really enjoy good sound. (have like 10 brand new LP's)

any suggestions?

DoFoT9
Apr 25, 2009, 07:03 PM
haha i know. especially cause i really enjoy good sound. (have like 10 brand new LP's)

any suggestions?

cheap ones, logitech X530's. fairly decent sound for the price.

techfreak85
Apr 25, 2009, 07:18 PM
cheap ones, logitech X530's. fairly decent sound for the price.

do those accept a digital signal for 5.1 with my iMac?

DoFoT9
Apr 25, 2009, 07:34 PM
do those accept a digital signal for 5.1 with my iMac?

no they dont accept digital signal (do you mean using a toslink/optial cable?) they just accept analogue audio (using 3.4mm jacks) - it comes with an adaptor to convert to 5.1 surround, it works very well :) (its magic)

toolbox
Apr 25, 2009, 07:47 PM
I can agree there with thos speakers. I have then hooked up to my windows rig. Playing Crysis and COD4 is so awesome - hearing things behind you then all of a sudden there is a gun fight. Truly awesome.

DoFoT9
Apr 25, 2009, 07:50 PM
I can agree there with thos speakers. I have then hooked up to my windows rig. Playing Crysis and COD4 is so awesome - hearing things behind you then all of a sudden there is a gun fight. Truly awesome.

good arent they :) is your PC rig 5.1 surround? or do you use the adaptor thingo?

toolbox
Apr 25, 2009, 08:04 PM
good arent they :) is your PC rig 5.1 surround? or do you use the adaptor thingo?

Yes my computer has a 5.1 card in it. The card i have allows me to adjust the volume that gets outputted to each speaker, adjust the subwoofer volumes etc.

The adapter is used for Gaming consoles and i have just this set with my macbook before with the adapter - worked well only downside i couldn't control the volume of each speaker.

DoFoT9
Apr 25, 2009, 08:11 PM
Yes my computer has a 5.1 card in it. The card i have allows me to adjust the volume that gets outputted to each speaker, adjust the subwoofer volumes etc.

The adapter is used for Gaming consoles and i have just this set with my macbook before with the adapter - worked well only downside i couldn't control the volume of each speaker.

wow thats a pretty cool feature! i dont really care for that but lol one volume is hard enough to manage!

iMpathetic
Apr 25, 2009, 08:12 PM
I have the step up from those (but older), the z680 speakers. Found them in the attic, my dad bought them for like $500 a few years ago but never opened them. Huh.

EDIT: We also have two ENORMOUS speakers that I'd really like to use, how would I go about using it?

DoFoT9
Apr 25, 2009, 08:14 PM
I have the step up from those (but older), the z680 speakers. Found them in the attic, my dad bought them for like $500 a few years ago but never opened them. Huh.

EDIT: We also have two ENORMOUS speakers that I'd really like to use, how would I go about using it?

wow never opened them!! what a silly duffer haha.

what kind of connections do the speakers have?? XLR? 6.5mm? red/black cable??

most likely you will need some sort of mixer for it i guess to power them

michael.lauden
Apr 25, 2009, 08:16 PM
sounds like you guys need to start up a community discussion because i only see like... 2 rigs listed on the page...

any ways - i'll post the computer i got for my mom when i was 18... hope that counts

just got her a brand new HP2207 monitor (same one my girlfriend has, dual monitor set up next year anyone?)

i'll post pics when i go to set it up at her house after it arrives

toolbox
Apr 25, 2009, 08:20 PM
wow thats a pretty cool feature! i dont really care for that but lol one volume is hard enough to manage!

Yeah it is a great feature - I don't bother setting it most of the time. Depends on the game / movie i am watching.

I will probably get some 5.1's for the mac and get a toslink cable but i am happy with the 2.1's it has connected at this stage.

iMpathetic
Apr 25, 2009, 08:31 PM
wow never opened them!! what a silly duffer haha.

what kind of connections do the speakers have?? XLR? 6.5mm? red/black cable??

most likely you will need some sort of mixer for it i guess to power them

I don't know but they're like three feet tall. We have an amp, we used them for our TV about 5 years ago, I just have to figure out how it all works.... LOL.

Sorry for lack of setups guys.

waynesun
Apr 26, 2009, 03:40 PM

Macbook 2.4ghz
Dell 2209WA monitor
Ikea desk

Those books stood out to me. Kudos for taking your interest in design to another level. Are those typography books?

techfreak85
Apr 26, 2009, 03:55 PM
no they dont accept digital signal (do you mean using a toslink/optial cable?) they just accept analogue audio (using 3.4mm jacks) - it comes with an adaptor to convert to 5.1 surround, it works very well :) (its magic)

I cant find anyware about that adapter. you do get 5 distinct channels right? cause with macs there is only one stereo analog out right?

jcrazyjj
Apr 26, 2009, 04:28 PM
I don't know but they're like three feet tall. We have an amp, we used them for our TV about 5 years ago, I just have to figure out how it all works.... LOL.

Sorry for lack of setups guys.

well if the speakers are connected via a receiver/amp. you should be able to use one of these (http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=104&cp_id=10401&cs_id=1040107&p_id=2120&seq=1&format=2) and a length of RCA Cable or this (Stereo Headphone To RCA Adapter Cable) and a headphone extension cable.

both will get u the same results. just all personal preference.

you can also use a Toslink, but i havent figured out how yet. (havent really tried either.)

hatehereyes
Apr 26, 2009, 04:47 PM
I think this is what you guys are looking for to get optical audio on the imac

http://www.cablechick.com.au/cables/1m-fibre-optic-toslink-to-35mm-cable.html

ColinEC
Apr 26, 2009, 05:56 PM
Here's my iMac:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3385/3477283181_cbcaeca3c7.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3376/3477276749_9a33f1ac81.jpg

DoFoT9
Apr 26, 2009, 06:18 PM
I cant find anyware about that adapter. you do get 5 distinct channels right? cause with macs there is only one stereo analog out right?

i am not 100% certain on the distinct channels part - i am fairly certain it isnt FULL surround sound, but all the sounds are output when you watch a 5.1 surround sound movie.

it comes with this adaptor

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/481i0EB29CDCD05F4CF1/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

macs can output digital audio to a decoder (DTS, dolby etcetc) via optical/toslink (i think thats the name) cables, as well.

techfreak85
Apr 26, 2009, 07:25 PM
i am not 100% certain on the distinct channels part - i am fairly certain it isnt FULL surround sound, but all the sounds are output when you watch a 5.1 surround sound movie.

it comes with this adaptor

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/481i0EB29CDCD05F4CF1/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

macs can output digital audio to a decoder (DTS, dolby etcetc) via optical/toslink (i think thats the name) cables, as well.

and are the 2 rca cables the ones that hook in to the sound card?

DoFoT9
Apr 26, 2009, 07:27 PM
and are the 2 rca cables the ones that hook in to the sound card?

that would be them yes. i have those RCA cables going into a 3.5mm jack -> MBP. the green, yellow, black come straight from the speakers.

techfreak85
Apr 26, 2009, 07:32 PM
that would be them yes. i have those RCA cables going into a 3.5mm jack -> MBP. the green, yellow, black come straight from the speakers.

then its only stereo replicated however many speakers.

DoFoT9
Apr 26, 2009, 07:34 PM
then its only stereo replicated however many speakers.

most likely the case, at least you hear all sounds though :)

gan6660
Apr 26, 2009, 07:41 PM
Here's my iMac:

I have the same speakers as you!

techfreak85
Apr 26, 2009, 11:14 PM
most likely the case, at least you hear all sounds though :)

haha im just OCD about getting every channel i guess. :p Sounds like the x350 wont do anything different then what i have.

DoFoT9
Apr 26, 2009, 11:27 PM
haha im just OCD about getting every channel i guess. :p Sounds like the x350 wont do anything different then what i have.

hahaha sure sounds like it :p im the same over video quality but. sound quality im meh. anything over 320kbps im ok with (uncompressed is generally better haha)

dmmcintyre3
Apr 27, 2009, 04:14 PM
I am just fine with my PB's built in speakers.

iMpathetic
Apr 27, 2009, 04:34 PM
I am just fine with my PB's built in speakers.

Urgh, really? I had one once (you know that) and they were OK, but for actually listening to music they were horrible. Bass sucked, and considering most of what I listen to is rap/hardstyle, it's kind of important.

At least you're not using an iBook G4 though :eek::D

Setup update:

This replaces the dead iBook G4 1.33GHz.

Specs:
1GHz Pentium III-M
1GB RAM
60GB HDD
XP Pro
Battery lasts for 6 hours :eek:

http://www.basoncomputer.com/specification/DELLC600_1.jpg

dmmcintyre3
Apr 27, 2009, 06:05 PM
At least you're not using an iBook G4 though :eek::D

My iBook's weren't that bad.

I tend to use the built in speakers on laptops because I do not sit at a desk all day long and I hate unplugging cables. I have 4 to unplug already and a speaker would be yet another to unplug. I could get USB/FireWire speakers though. I am also out of plugs at my desk.

[IMG]http://www.basoncomputer.com/specification/DELLC600_1.jpg[IMG]

Is that a floppy drive in the front?

Have you tried OS X on it?

iMpathetic
Apr 27, 2009, 06:51 PM
Unplugging cables: The worst ten seconds you've ever wasted. :confused:

Yes, it is a FDD. That was a photo off Google Images, here is the real thing:

http://i43.tinypic.com/20tnwnm.jpg

I haven't tried OS X. It's a Pentium III. Doubt it would work, and besides, XP Pro = <3.

PeterQC
Apr 27, 2009, 07:07 PM
I haven't tried OS X. It's a Pentium III. Doubt it would work, and besides, XP Pro = <3.

It must run like crap. Seriously, I have an 1GHz AMD (tower) and it's horrible.

iMpathetic
Apr 27, 2009, 07:26 PM
It must run like crap. Seriously, I have an 1GHz AMD (tower) and it's horrible.

It doesn't. Give it 30 seconds to wait after it boots to Windows and I'd say it's really quite fast.

The secret is in the stuff that's installed -- almost nothing. Wireless drivers, touchpad driver, iTunes, Firefox, video driver. OpenOffice. That's about it.

techfreak85
Apr 27, 2009, 07:30 PM
hahaha sure sounds like it :p im the same over video quality but. sound quality im meh. anything over 320kbps im ok with (uncompressed is generally better haha)

Im the same with video. we are getting a new tv soon. moving the old rear project tv out into the shop. thinkin of getting the tc-p50s1. any reason not to?

tompon1923
Apr 28, 2009, 05:14 AM

Snip

that could be an awesome little server.....

you should put Windows Fundamentals on it, it's basically xp but without the crap.
Seriously it'll boost the performance as the install only takes 700mb's max.

It's so basic they even got rid of the activation thing in xp! You only have to put down the key (:D) once and then you're good to go!

DoFoT9
Apr 28, 2009, 05:23 AM
Im the same with video. we are getting a new tv soon. moving the old rear project tv out into the shop. thinkin of getting the tc-p50s1. any reason not to?

it looks like a fairly decent TV! i have a LCD panasonic 37inch, its very nice! the only gripe i have about that tv is that the primary colours arent as accurate compared to other TV's but you know... seems a great buy.

oh im even more fussy with video too. i have been downloading bluray movies, i hate dvds/dvd rips, so ugly...

iMpathetic
Apr 28, 2009, 06:34 AM
that could be an awesome little server.....

you should put Windows Fundamentals on it, it's basically xp but without the crap.
Seriously it'll boost the performance as the install only takes 700mb's max.

It's so basic they even got rid of the activation thing in xp! You only have to put down the key (:D) once and then you're good to go!

Wow, maybe I will! Thanks!

dmmcintyre3
Apr 28, 2009, 01:59 PM

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/20tnwnm.jpg[IMG]

Why did you buy a Pentium III?

torger
Apr 28, 2009, 02:43 PM
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7112/7007992eba57ae642e4c8a7.jpg

dmmcintyre3
Apr 28, 2009, 03:23 PM
Why is that monitor blue

iMpathetic
Apr 28, 2009, 03:31 PM
Why is that monitor blue

It's blue because the wallpaper is blue. Shocking. Plot twist.

As for why I bought a Pentium III laptop, it's because you're a hardware snob and you haven't been able to wrap your head around the fact that I don't need the latest and greatest all the time.

Guess what! It has a 1024*768 screen! CALL IN THE NAVY!!!

torger: How do you like your 2.4GHz MB? I want one.

dmmcintyre3
Apr 28, 2009, 03:34 PM

Why not 15" 1920x1200??

iMpathetic
Apr 28, 2009, 03:37 PM
Why not 15" 1920x1200??

will.you.please.stop.talking.about.what.resolution.you.want.

dmmcintyre3
Apr 28, 2009, 03:57 PM
will.you.please.stop.talking.about.what.resolution.you.want.

You invited me to say that! Please use space instead of period

Man this forum has some edit post bugs

It's blue because the wallpaper is blue. Shocking. Plot twist.

Oh so it is the server backgound

Pika
Apr 28, 2009, 04:02 PM
I can see your a Sesame Street fan. ;)

*Watch aluminum plate* Also... are you using the door cover of a PC tower as a heat sink stand for your notebook?

dmmcintyre3
Apr 28, 2009, 04:04 PM

I had to look but I did see it! Why does he have that in his room?

*Watch aluminum plate* Also... are you using the door cover of a PC tower as a heat sink stand for your notebook?

I noticed that too! Does it really get hot enough that you need that to keep the heat off your lap? I drought it gets as hot as my PB

Nice glare spot on the screen

Man I wish my PB had a 1920x1200 screen!

iMpathetic
Apr 28, 2009, 05:03 PM
You invited me to say that! Please use space instead of period

Man this forum has some edit post bugs
Oh so it is the server backgound

Well, it was honestly kind of a joke because you're known to talk about how bad low resolution screens are. :p

Um, that's my little sister's. She hangs out in my room.

Yeah, it does really need that. I usually have the laptop on a shag rug, which is not good for a laptop.
I had to look but I did see it! Why does he have that in his room?

See above.
I noticed that too! Does it really get hot enough that you need that to keep the heat off your lap? I drought it gets as hot as my PB

Again, see above. And no it doesn't get that hot, but when it gets warm the fans run and I hate that.

Nice glare spot on the screen
:confused: Yeah, I suck at photography, I can't afford a better camera. Laugh at me for it, go ahead.
Man I wish my PB had a 1920x1200 screen!
Okay, stop it. :p

Pika
Apr 28, 2009, 06:21 PM
iMpathetic... at least you have a computer with internet, to me it's a piece of heaven. I would have loved to have a computer at your age but back then computers wasn't as fun and entertainment as today. I could have spend all my times watching anime and play emulated SNES games instead of the TV.

If i had the iPhone in the 90's i could have cheated all my classes. :D

iMpathetic
Apr 28, 2009, 06:53 PM
iMpathetic... at least you have a computer with internet, to me it's a piece of heaven. I would have loved to have a computer at your age but back then computers wasn't as fun and entertainment as today. I could have spend all my times watching anime and play emulated SNES games instead of the TV.

If i had the iPhone in the 90's i could have cheated all my classes. :D

Yeah, the generation gap really does widen when it comes to technology. My dad and my mom, who are divorced, take different approaches.

Mom thinks it will rot my brain to use a computer a lot and forbids me to have anything but a single, basic laptop, used for no more than an hour and a half a day, two on weekends. That's why I have this old Dell.

Dad, however, has a fairly good grasp on computers... he couldn't build a system to save his life, but he knows how to use them and likes to have his nice laptops at the lab. He lets me basically store as much computer stuff within my room as I want, as long as it's tidy, and allows me to basically use his house as business headquarters. I think he approves of my deal-making, negotiating, etc.

I still have to turn them off at like 10:00 though.

Mom is 50, dad is 60, and I'm 15. I was never into games, I have a kickass gaming rig but don't play games on it. I go for the best I can afford, whether I need it or not.

Apple all life
Apr 28, 2009, 07:23 PM
Yeah, the generation gap really does widen when it comes to technology. My dad and my mom, who are divorced, take different approaches.

Mom thinks it will rot my brain to use a computer a lot and forbids me to have anything but a single, basic laptop, used for no more than an hour and a half a day, two on weekends. That's why I have this old Dell.

Dad, however, has a fairly good grasp on computers... he couldn't build a system to save his life, but he knows how to use them and likes to have his nice laptops at the lab. He lets me basically store as much computer stuff within my room as I want, as long as it's tidy, and allows me to basically use his house as business headquarters. I think he approves of my deal-making, negotiating, etc.

I still have to turn them off at like 10:00 though.

Mom is 50, dad is 60, and I'm 15. I was never into games, I have a kickass gaming rig but don't play games on it. I go for the best I can afford, whether I need it or not.

I am 15 too but my family is kinda the opposite. My dad knows a lot about macs and have since he bought the first apple laptop. He buys me my macs for like christmas or whatever. I gave my mom my old blackbook but she uses it as a netbook most of the time. My mom and dad are also divorced.

dmmcintyre3
Apr 30, 2009, 11:06 AM

Sounds like you need to live with your dad!

iMpathetic
Apr 30, 2009, 03:28 PM
Sounds like you need to live with your dad!

I got a temporary ban last time I responded to one of these statements, so I'll be careful.

That was HORRIBLE. Like computer access is the only thing I care about. :rolleyes:

To even suggest that I ditch one of my parents in order to be on my computer 24/7 is really quite scary.

Jongewehr
May 1, 2009, 09:07 PM
hey guys , getting a macbook pro tomrrow!!! 1st mac ever

right now i have a Gateway thats been a huge lemon thats super ripe lol

a great ipod touch, ipod mini, lol, an ull see when i put the pics up

SPEEDwithJJ
May 1, 2009, 09:49 PM

Congrats. Looking forward to your photos too. :)

dmmcintyre3
May 7, 2009, 07:49 AM

Do you have it yet? If so I would like to see it!

iMpathetic
May 7, 2009, 10:55 AM
Well, everyone, just got my trusty iBook fixed. Acquired a new DC-in board as part of a trade. Now all I need is a new battery and I'm good to go.

I am at school now so I can't post a picture, but here are the specs:

12"
1.33GHz
1GB RAM
40GB HDD
Tiger
Combo

woohoooo!!!!

dmmcintyre3
May 7, 2009, 10:59 AM
Well, everyone, just got my trusty iBook fixed. Acquired a new DC-in board as part of a trade. Now all I need is a new battery and I'm good to go.

I am at school now so I can't post a picture, but here are the specs:

12"
1.33GHz
1GB RAM
40GB HDD
Tiger
Combo

woohoooo!!!!

Can you get me a top case, power supply and logic board too?

iMpathetic
May 7, 2009, 11:03 AM
Can you get me a top case, power supply and logic board too?
eBay.

eBay.

eBay.

AlmostJosh
May 17, 2009, 02:26 PM
whyd this thread die? :(

ethical
May 17, 2009, 04:13 PM
whyd this thread die? :(

everyone aged... no one is under 18 anymore :p

wfoster
May 17, 2009, 05:22 PM
In regards to the users above; take your e-fights somewhere else. I think you two were the reason this thread died.

Time to rejuvenate it!

zap2
May 17, 2009, 05:25 PM
Time to rejuvenate it!

I agree....but my set up is in awful shape! I'll clean it up,and post some pictures later!

Andy348
May 19, 2009, 03:39 PM
I agree....but my set up is in awful shape! I'll clean it up,and post some pictures later!

Same with me.

What I've got is:

MacBook (white) 2.1Ghz
iBook G3
Bose Companion 2 Series 2
Wireless Mighty Mouse
iPod Touch 16GB
iPod Shuffle 1GB
Blackberry Bold
Gaming PC (2.6 Dual Core, 4GB Ram, etc)
Xbox 360 w/Wireless wheel
PS2

And 90% of it bought on my own dime. Others were birthday presents.

iMpathetic
May 19, 2009, 03:50 PM
In regards to the users above; take your e-fights somewhere else. I think you two were the reason this thread died.

Time to rejuvenate it!

Well, well.... we have to blame SOMEBODY, don't we?

Anyway, I suppose I can post mine.

Jongewehr
May 20, 2009, 02:17 PM

make sure u never get a cat, walks on ur desk, ZAP

Barbie
May 20, 2009, 03:45 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/2w3rklw.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/2j4au84.jpg

The speedy solid-state MacBook Air, 2nd revision.

Barbie :)

dmmcintyre3
May 20, 2009, 04:03 PM

What resolution is that monitor?

zachkowalchuk
May 26, 2009, 03:20 PM
http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq351/zadehaccount/IMG_0658.jpg

No mac yet, unfortunately. I'm way to busy with school to get a job right now. I'm homeschooled and I'm only like 60% through my courses. Damn internetz is distracting. But once I'm done, I have a labour job on my grandpa's farm doing farm work of course. Its not bad though. Drive a truck around hauling hay bails.

Though, as my setup stands right now, I'm happy with it. May try to put OS X on my second hard drive. Dunno yet.

thunderweb
May 26, 2009, 03:41 PM
^ I know exactly what you mean. I'm homeschooled to. Damn internet...

thegoldenmackid
May 26, 2009, 03:48 PM
The Most Current & Messy Rendition (Stuff is in other rooms, saving electricity):

MacBook Pro 17/Glossy/2.5/4GB/320/512
Logitech Alto Stand
Logitech MX Revolution
Logitech diNovo Bluetooth Mac
Samsung SCX 4500
Alesis USB Multimix8
KRK V8 Series 1
KRK V88
KRK S10 Sub
Iomega 2TB UltraMax Pro External Hard Drive
Western Digital My Book Studio 1TB
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3082/3565593616_b5b3a09f81.jpg?v=0
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3393/3565602796_10af40387c.jpg?v=0
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3408/3564784455_1fa680376b.jpg?v=0
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2478/3564775705_80120a526d.jpg?v=0
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3563/3565593858_b6b488d96a.jpg?v=0

the speakers will not be venturing to college...for now...

ethical
May 26, 2009, 04:12 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3563/3565593858_b6b488d96a.jpg?v=0

Is that Samsung thing a printer? Looks pretty awesome if it is, what model is it?

edit: dont worry, found it :)
Samsung ML 1630

thegoldenmackid
May 26, 2009, 04:15 PM
Is that Samsung thing a printer? Looks pretty awesome if it is, what model is it?

That is the infamous Samsung SCX-4500. It is also very very quiet.

dmmcintyre3
May 26, 2009, 04:57 PM
^ I know exactly what you mean. I'm homeschooled to. Damn internet...

More specifically MacRumors!

Here's My PowerBook It is the second to last model with 2 GB RAM, 100 GB HD ATI mobility radeon 9700 128MB Dual Link DVI
http://att.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=172773&d=1243374909

thunderweb
May 26, 2009, 05:43 PM
^ Lol yes. My MBP when it's not docked.

trekkie604
May 26, 2009, 05:47 PM
[IMG]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq351/zadehaccount/IMG_0658.jpg[/IMG

No mac yet, unfortunately. I'm way to busy with school to get a job right now. I'm homeschooled and I'm only like 60% through my courses. Damn internetz is distracting. But once I'm done, I have a labour job on my grandpa's farm doing farm work of course. Its not bad though. Drive a truck around hauling hay bails.

Though, as my setup stands right now, I'm happy with it. May try to put OS X on my second hard drive. Dunno yet.

Time to dust underneath those monitors...

CristobalHuet
May 26, 2009, 09:19 PM
Nothing very exciting, I like my setup simple in my solarium with oak wood desk.

iMac 24 late 2008, 3.06/2GB/500GB+640GB/512
MacBook Mini, 1.6/1GB/16GBSSD+8GBSDHC/8.9"
iPod Touch 2G 8B w/universal dock
Canon Pixma printer
1G iPod Shuffle (now a USB stick)
16GB SanDisk
Logitech game controller under iMac (for Assassin's Creed, seen to the left of the iMac :))

Currently in college.

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/8382/workplacetouchedup.th.png
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/2729/dsc05761c.th.jpg
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/9996/dsc05759d.th.jpg

thegoldenmackid
May 26, 2009, 09:24 PM
Nothing very exciting, I like my setup simple in my solarium with oak wood desk.

Request Numero Uno for resizing...

CristobalHuet
May 26, 2009, 09:35 PM
Request Numero Uno for resizing...

Ah yes, how do I do that on here again? :(

EDIT: done, sorry 'bout that.

thegoldenmackid
May 27, 2009, 12:02 AM
Ah yes, how do I do that on here again? :(

EDIT: done, sorry 'bout that.

We've all done it before.

ethical
May 27, 2009, 07:23 AM
That is the infamous Samsung SCX-4500. It is also very very quiet.

ohhh ok, cheers. very similar to the one i found. thanks again!

iMpathetic
May 27, 2009, 03:06 PM
make sure u never get a cat, walks on ur desk, ZAP

Heh, sounds like fun :D

What resolution is that monitor?

PS iMpathetic
check out the poll on my web site. Bet you can't guess what it is! here (http://dmmcintyre3.co.cc/index.php/component/poll/16-screen-resolution) But the results vary greatly from the stats.

6783240982374098237490238740928347 x 3432904820384239804263894213842384.

It's waaaayyyyy too cramped, I wish my model came in
2334823480892360498233049832909482309 x

Intel Inside
Jun 7, 2009, 05:27 AM
Charge to 300 Clear! Just revived the thread :D

Also heres my setup, well my old one at least

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3037/2926423575_3ebb022dd0_b.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3316/3509771723_27629dbf15_o.jpg

martynjd
Jun 7, 2009, 12:16 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/206e7ew.png

JML42691
Jun 7, 2009, 12:20 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/206e7ew.png
Love it! Seems so simple for so much..

Apple all life
Jun 7, 2009, 07:53 PM
http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv245/ninjasownyou/IMG_0102-1.jpg

http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv245/ninjasownyou/IMG_0103-1.jpg

15 and I love the set up

macuserx86
Jun 7, 2009, 10:51 PM
crappy iPhone pics, I'm too lazy to get out my D200 or my D2Hs... which are right next to me... this says a lot about my character lol.
http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/5566/img0413b.th.jpg (http://img268.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0413b.jpg)
This is only my setup for the next few days though, as I'm done with uni in a bit. I'm 18 btw.

dmmcintyre3
Jun 8, 2009, 01:03 AM
crappy iPhone pics, I'm too lazy to get out my D200 or my D2Hs... which are right next to me... this says a lot about my character lol.

This is only my setup for the next few days though, as I'm done with uni in a bit. I'm 18 btw.

Where is the 12 inch PB?

macuserx86
Jun 8, 2009, 01:24 AM
Where is the 12 inch PB?

Hidden in a drawer, lol. I only use it for class (taking notes and such) so when it's not in my backpack, it's in the drawer being charged/not stolen.

wlvn
Jun 8, 2009, 11:11 AM

iMac 24 late 2008, 3.06/2GB/500GB+640GB/512
MacBook Mini, 1.6/1GB/16GBSSD+8GBSDHC/8.9"
iPod Touch 2G 8B w/universal dock
Canon Pixma printer
1G iPod Shuffle (now a USB stick)
16GB SanDisk
Logitech game controller under iMac (for Assassin's Creed, seen to the left of the iMac :))

Currently in college.

Ok, I know I'm new to macs but a macbook mini?

andalusia
Jun 8, 2009, 11:30 AM
Ok, I know I'm new to macs but a macbook mini?

I suspect a Hackintosh Netbook.

andalusia
Jun 8, 2009, 11:38 AM
I'm 16, just for the hell of it I'll also explain how I acquired each.

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/4028/dsc02321n.jpg

AKG K512 Headphones (christmas)
Maxtor Basics 500GB External Hard-Drive (off a friend for my birthday)
Digidesign Original MBox (off my work experience boss who thought I had potential :D)
Trust 2.0 USB Hub (5 off Amazon inc. postage)
Apple Macbook White 2.0Ghz nVidia Laptop early 2009 (saved up for 7 months by selling Mars Bars and cans of pepsi at my School, also got Edu. discount and my Dad can redeem VAT, so only paid 588 for the machine)
JBL Creative Creature II Speakers+Subwoofer (these are actually my Dad's but I use them)
Apple Monitor (unaware of specific details, it's pretty much crap though) (Dad's old Monitor, he got a new one)
Apple PowerMac G4 Dual 1.25Ghz 2GB Desktop Computer (Dad's old machine, only used for ProTools)
Techair Geo Laptop Bag (had some spare moneys)
Apple Wired Mouse (Dad had a spare mouse)
Tesco Fiery Ginger Beer Beverage (gotta love the Ginger Beer!)

(note: the reason for all the other equipment is because this photo was taken from another thread which I posted in. I didn't think this thread would care about the rest of that shizzle.)

taylorwilsdon
Jun 8, 2009, 02:05 PM
Here's my recent setups:
Now:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3042/3607720243_4dc60b480a_b.jpg
December:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3279/3117023088_2f3b84b22f_o.jpg
October:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3181/2965024897_6cb3e3cda7_b.jpg
September:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3108/2866941412_bcef42ee49_o.jpg

gadgetgirl85
Jun 8, 2009, 08:28 PM
I'm 16, just for the hell of it I'll also explain how I acquired each.

I actually like your setup a lot. I like your retro iMacs!

DoFoT9
Jun 8, 2009, 08:47 PM
I actually like your setup a lot. I like your retro iMacs!

ummm there is no iMac in that shot :cool:

macuserx86
Jun 8, 2009, 08:55 PM
ummm there is no iMac in that shot :cool:

Just a sweet MDD PowerMac G4 with the Apple Studio Display. :D
I always thought the MDD G4s were cool.

trekkie604
Jun 8, 2009, 11:55 PM
Here's my recent setups:
Now:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3042/3607720243_4dc60b480a_b.jpg
December:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3279/3117023088_2f3b84b22f_o.jpg
October:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3181/2965024897_6cb3e3cda7_b.jpg
September:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3108/2866941412_bcef42ee49_o.jpg

What model Lenovo tablet is that?

DoFoT9
Jun 9, 2009, 12:01 AM

**** yea! i wanted one SOOOO bad when they came out! they are still quality monitors now!

gadgetgirl85
Jun 9, 2009, 12:17 AM
**** yea! i wanted one SOOOO bad when they came out! they are still quality monitors now!

Oh yes, I didn't realise it was a G4 and not an iMac. My bad :D Still cool looking

DoFoT9
Jun 9, 2009, 12:24 AM
Oh yes, I didn't realise it was a G4 and not an iMac. My bad :D Still cool looking

tsk tsk tsk and you call yourself a mac user ;) :rolleyes:

taylorwilsdon
Jun 9, 2009, 12:29 AM
What model Lenovo tablet is that?

x61t

SchneiderMan
Jun 9, 2009, 01:19 AM
ew. that is a gross set up, man. try to sell it and either get 1 good amp, or get 1 good computer

thats not really nice of you.
i think its awesome

Bfat567
Jun 9, 2009, 01:21 AM
i think its awesome

Agreed, and that Peavey amp there isnt bad. I think thats a Bandit 65 ive got one and my buddys got one with 2 12"'s They freakin crank.

SchneiderMan
Jun 9, 2009, 01:33 AM
I wish we had hardwood floors, everything looks amazing on it especially Ikea furniture!. damn carpets, i have dust all over my room 24/7 :(

opinioncircle
Jun 9, 2009, 08:33 AM
ew. that is a gross set up, man. try to sell it and either get 1 good amp, or get 1 good computer

It's your opinion man, but don't be that rude to the poster...
By the way, really like that mouse...They don't make like'em no more :D

andalusia
Jun 9, 2009, 09:47 AM
It's actually still an amazing machine, and I'm hoping will be able to run Snow Leopard well :)

It's a good monitor, however it's old now, the screen is flickering really badly and there are burn marks all over the bottom of the screen ;_;

Haha, I see how you think it's an iMac, but alas, there is a beefy machine under the desk preventing me from resting my legs anywhere ;)

i think its awesome
Thanks man :D

Agreed, and that Peavey amp there isnt bad. I think thats a Bandit 65 ive got one and my buddys got one with 2 12"'s They freakin crank.
You're quite right, it is the 65. 60watts I think... Blows your ears ;D it was my Dad's amp for gigs. Still in great shape.

It's your opinion man, but don't be that rude to the poster...
By the way, really like that mouse...They don't make like'em no more :D
Yeah tbh I much prefer this mouse to the mighty mouse, even with no trackball or right click. It feels so much nicer, and in my opinion sturdier than the mighty mice. xD

And thanks for all the compliments guys :cool:

Mackilroy
Jun 9, 2009, 08:26 PM
It's actually still an amazing machine, and I'm hoping will be able to run Snow Leopard well :)

Sorry dude, Snow Leopard is Intel only.

dmmcintyre3
Jun 9, 2009, 10:48 PM
Sorry dude, Snow Leopard is Intel only.

No not intel only. What will people who want a 12 inch Mac do?

Although the new MacBook is only one inch bigger and has firewire so I do not understand what the big deal is.

NT1440
Jun 9, 2009, 10:49 PM
No not intel only. What will people who want a 12 inch Mac do?

:confused:

What?

they made it very clear that it is an intel only OS.

andalusia
Jun 10, 2009, 01:47 AM

You're quite right, was reading up on it last night.
'Tis a shame, I'll have to install Leopard on it and hope that it's powerful enough.

zap2
Jun 10, 2009, 02:00 AM
:confused:

What?

I read that like "no, not intel only, I had been Hoping for for PPC support, what a bummer is won't be there"
perhaps that's what he meant?

AlmostJosh
Jun 10, 2009, 12:54 PM
new mac mini :D

h?
Jun 10, 2009, 03:08 PM
I haven't posted in here for a while so here is my setup after a quick tidy up before going back home for a bit

macminz
Jun 10, 2009, 04:08 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3379/3612279260_75a3a748a2.jpg?v=0

Specs In Sig

andalusia
Jun 10, 2009, 05:06 PM
I love all the clean deskspaces! I hate mine ;D