Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smwatson

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 30, 2005
London, England
I've put the card number and security code in correctly several times, but it still won't accept my Visa Debit card as valid payment method...

Anyone know why?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Is it the UK store? Sounds like you're in the UK so maybe that is it? I also know once I tried to use my card to send a gift and it declined that and 3 others. I was so worried but I saw my funds were in my banks. It turned out to be iTunes' issue not my own. Perhaps wait and try later.

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
I have debit card details plugged-in and functional in iTunes UK. I'm guessing it's not because it's a debit card. Do you have another card to try? Short of that I am not sure what to suggest other than calling your bank. I hate when technology fails like that.

Lorenz0

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2009
Try leaving out the issue number if prompted for that. While most Visa Debits have one, they are not actually required.. and (from experience) ususally mess up transactions.

I've only ever used visa debits on my itunes account, and (due to various renewals and reissues) am on my third card for payment puropses.

devils.own007

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2011
it may be because its under a savings account.
i had the same issue and rectified it by changing to a cheque account

smoge

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2011
if you give mre your card number and security code i can sort it out for you LOL:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.