Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Trainlogan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2004
Im trying to hook up an xbox to an airport express. I want to use the port on the back of the airport express to connect to the xbox. Ive searched through apples support site and it says the station works in client mode. I have the station setup in client mode but i still can't get the xbox to pull an ip address from the server. The network is setup with a netgear wireless router and then the Airport Express connecting to that network. Any ideas?

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
This thread has a discussion on how to do this.

Essentially, you need a crossover cable and you should be good to go.

technocoy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2002
Raleigh, NC
if i'm not mistaken...

as i am planning on doing this as well, it only works when your base station is an apple airport or airport extreme.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
technocoy said:
as i am planning on doing this as well, it only works when your base station is an apple airport or airport extreme.

The thread above discusses both of these issues in some detail, although apparently some confusion as to if you needed the crossover cable or not - may work both ways.

It worked with a Linksys router at least, other threads have talked about other routers. Try doing a search to see if there is anything on Airport Express and Netgear.

Good luck!

:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.