Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jvlfilms

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 11, 2007
Staten Island, NY
Hey guys! Just recently, my iPad scratched so I'm now becoming OCD about my cases and screen protectors. I was planning on getting the Zagg Invisibleshield along with the official iPad case from Apple. However, I've been hearing bad things that case turns the iPad blue!

I still plan on getting the Apple case but I was wondering if ALL screen protectors are affected by this? I was thinking of switching over to a simpler screen protector that doesn't involve spraying a solution. Thanks!

jvlfilms

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 11, 2007
Staten Island, NY
Thanks for the reply. The question I asked is about the screen protectors, not the actual case. There were reports and pictures of the Apple Case and the Invisibleshield leaving blue residue on the iPad. I just wanted to see if this applies of ALL screen protectors.

gigaguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
USA
I use the apple case with a power support screen protector, no problems. I personally hate zagg skins, very sticky and tacky feeling. Not sure what part of the iPad is turning blue you mention.

Hammie

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro
I use the apple case with a power support screen protector, no problems. I personally hate zagg skins, very sticky and tacky feeling. Not sure what part of the iPad is turning blue you mention.

+ 1

My feeling exactly. No blue residue on mine with my matte Power Support screen protector.

jvlfilms

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 11, 2007
Staten Island, NY

Check this link: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/985307/

Question is, has this happened to anyone using the Apple case and a screen protector that was NOT solution based?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.