Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Wow, personally I'd not spend half that on any phone, let alone a blackberry. Those are some serious blackberry fans wanting it.

I personally wonder who consumers will receive the blackberry. The early reviews have been tepid at best, but that doesn't seem to be stopping those bidders.

Nabooly

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2007
This happens with all new releases though....not just BB or cell phones.

siiip5

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2012
Lol I wouldn't pay over $300 for it off contract.

Off contract price shouldn't be over 200. But RIM in their infinite stupidity believe they are still in 2008 and can charge a premium for their phones. The Z10 should have been $49 on contract, to get the masses of consumers back onto their phone. Now, they have all but insured their road to bankruptcy.

Diseal3

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2008
This isn't anything new. The iPhone's do this every year, as do most new highly anticipated devices.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
If you guys EVER thought iOS had fanboys, steer clear of the crackberries! Seriously, they have some of the most die-hard fans of any product I have ever seen. I am not surprised some of them are willing to drop that kind of cash on this new phone.

That said, I think it's foolish to dismiss this phone so prematurely. It could very well be good. From what little I have seen, I am honestly pretty impressed. Even if it is a solid phone, pricing is what is going to bring them back IMO. Look at what Nokia is doing. They were THE PREMIUM BRAND in phones for about a decade and they don't put themselves beyond releasing a budget-priced phone to get the masses hungry.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.