Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deadstockmarket

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 29, 2010
I've been searching around for the thinnest iPad 2 case that will cover there rear. Can anyone help me out with this? There's just so many cases out there. Also do any of the rear cases work with the smart cover? One that probably has the magnet part clear so that the smart case can latch on?

cnixon

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2010
I just pre ordered the enki case. Really looking forward to getting it in hand.

enkigear.com

deadstockmarket

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 29, 2010
You guys have been great. Both looks amazing! Which to get is now the problem. It's exactly what I've been looking for!

cnixon

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2010
Happy to help.

If it sways your decision at all, if you pre order the enki case, you also get a sleeve that will hold your ipad 2 (with enki case and smart cover attached) as a free gift. Just my 2 cents.

deadstockmarket

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 29, 2010
Happy to help.

If it sways your decision at all, if you pre order the enki case, you also get a sleeve that will hold your ipad 2 (with enki case and smart cover attached) as a free gift. Just my 2 cents.

I saw that too. They look pretty identical. I just have to figure out if I want a clear one or a green one to match my smart case...decisions, decisions...haha

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
You guys have been great. Both looks amazing! Which to get is now the problem. It's exactly what I've been looking for!

Well, the Enki is not available for another two weeks. The smartshell "appears" to be available now, but only from that one store (or at least the only store claiming to have it instock).

The smart shell looks like a decent option, but lacks color options or a clear version. I wonder if they are some how determining which colors are the best selling smart covers and are going with that. It would be nice to have something match my Navy color, but so far I have to stick with clear.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
Also, below is a list that I put together in a response in another thread. It's not comprehensive, but should give you some other options. The comments by each are my own observations, so take them how you want. :p

Incipio Feather - Currently does not support smart cover. New version limits your ability to remove the cover easily.

Xgear Enhancer - Strange cut-outs that leave more exposed than desired.

Joy Factory SmartFit2 - Even more exposed than the XGear, both top and bottom are cut out.

Enki Genius - Not out yet, and not enough details/pictures to determine if it will be good.

Aviiq Smart Case - Not out yet. Looks nice, but need to see more and no Navy color options (my smart cover color). Some will say pricey.

Marware Microshell - Who knows when they are finally going to ship. Limited color options, and no clear. Pictures contradict whether it's going to be glossy or rubberized matte.

mac-spy

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2011
I am on the same boat looking for a thin (very thin) case to go with my Smart cover. Looks like the thinnest one is 1mm.

Still debating whether I should use a case or just apply the skin.

cole01

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2008
I'm planning on using a black iCarbon skin on the back of my iPad in conjunction with a smart cover and folio until my beloved Belkin gripvue becomes available for the iPad 2. Should protect it well from scratches in the meantime and peel off cleanly when time (unless I decide to leave it on with the case)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.