Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gorskiegangsta

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I think this is that wallpaper we were searching for earlier in the thread!

Did my best, just extrapolated and added some to the bottom so that it would be square.

EDIT:

Related, just found this link: http://www.thewallpapers.org/download/57146/desktop-wallpaper

It's a larger scale version to work with. Someone can make a higher quality wallpaper with it.

LOL, we totally did the same thing :D Did you use google images drag-drop to find a bigger version?

Lukeyy19

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2010
England, UK
Can anyone make this into 2048x2048?
I think this is that wallpaper we were searching for earlier in the thread!

Did my best, just extrapolated and added some to the bottom so that it would be square.

EDIT:

Related, just found this link: http://www.thewallpapers.org/download/57146/desktop-wallpaper

It's a larger scale version to work with. Someone can make a higher quality wallpaper with it.
rather than extrapolating, i used the larger image from your link, great job btw, and using different methods of resizing sampling, i was able to simply resize it to 2048x2048 without loosing any quality.

colouredstripes.jpg

I've got an 8000x8000px photo of the earth that I use on my desktop at work. I could cut that down to a decent iPad size & host it if people want it on here.

I'll certainly be using it! :D
(just quote me so I get the notification, or PM or whatever)

There is an image of the Earth as a standard stock wallpaper on iOS already by the way.

Emoo

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2010
Texas
LOL, we totally did the same thing :D Did you use google images drag-drop to find a bigger version?

I didn't remember the google images thing til after I duplicated and did the resizing (I think extrapolation was the wrong word, but that's okay, I'm an idiot sometimes) and then I felt guilty for being so lazy about my portfolio. It's due a week from today! :eek:

Agent-P

Contributor
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area
Can someone help me get these to retina size?

After trying this myself, it looks like I'll need help. This is one of my favourite wallpapers from my iPad 2. I have tried to find a bigger version online to crop and I've tried to use Photoshop to enlarge it (still learning Photoshop). Neither worked out. If someone could get this to retina resolution then it would be greatly appreciated.

As a side note, I've added a few more wallpapers to my post on the first page. As for everyone else, nice wallpaper submissions. I've added quite a few nice ones to my collection.

Attachments

• Man in Crosswalk.png
    Man in Crosswalk.png
    803.6 KB · Views: 874
Last edited:

Lukeyy19

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2010
England, UK
Woops :eek: but some of the other pics in the thread are the same resolution as the one I posted?

yeah, we make them 2048x2048 because thats the height of the new iPad's screen so that if you have it in portrait or landscape, it just crops either the top and bottom or sides off, but you are still seeing the image at the correct size, without it being stretched.

here's an image i've made to demonstrate how it works:

ipadwallguide.jpg

The main focus of your image wants to go within the white box, because that is the area that is visible no matter which way you hold the iPad, the rest is all just for background that gets cropped as shown.

hope that helps!

Last edited:

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
yeah, we make them 2048x2048 because thats the height of the new iPad's screen so that if you have it in portrait or landscape, it just crops either the top and bottom or sides off, but you are still seeing the image at the correct size, without it being stretched.

here's an image i've made to demonstrate how it works:

The main focus of your image wants to go in within the white box, because that is the area that is visible no matter which way you hold the iPad, the rest is all just for background that gets cropped as shown.

hope that helps!
Gotcha, thanks.

SteveAbootman

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2008
Found these on Deviantart. Previews provided here - links to full sized below to support original creator.

White
Black

Attachments

• apple_splash_2___retina_ipad_by_cloventt-d4sple5.png
    apple_splash_2___retina_ipad_by_cloventt-d4sple5.png
    934.2 KB · Views: 4,499
  • apple_splash_3___retina_ipad_by_cloventt-d4splo2-1.png
    apple_splash_3___retina_ipad_by_cloventt-d4splo2-1.png
    405.2 KB · Views: 702

wy2sl0

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2012
After trying this myself, it looks like I'll need help. These are my two favourite wallpapers from my iPad 2. I have tried to find a bigger version online to crop and I've tried to use Photoshop to enlarge them (still learning Photoshop). Neither worked out. If someone could get these to retina resolution then it would be greatly appreciated.

As a side note, I've added a few more wallpapers to my post on the first page. As for everyone else, nice wallpaper submissions. I've added quite a few nice ones to my collection.

I made a vector copy of your Tiger image. You can now enlarge it to your hearts content and it will stay sharp.

Attachments

• 1.pdf
    218.8 KB · Views: 568

Agent-P

Contributor
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area
I made a vector copy of your Tiger image. You can now enlarge it to your hearts content and it will stay sharp.

Sorry for my ignorance, but I've never dealt with a vector graphic. I know what it is and everything, but I've never actually done anything with one. What do I do with the PDF after opening it?

kwjohns

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2007
People, please don't resize graphics up to a higher resolution than the original. There's no point in doing that as the iPad will do that automatically. It's going to look blurry and crappy either way. I keep running into these when I click on some of the images people have posted. Stick with high resolution graphics in here.

spangenberg

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2011
Anybody have the wallpaper seen here?

I've looked around but haven't seen it, some similar looking ones, but not the exact one...

FiglioPerduto

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2012
Anybody have the wallpaper seen here?

I've looked around but haven't seen it, some similar looking ones, but not the exact one...

Hi I liked it too, someone added a link to the comment section. Though that photo is only 645x645. I'm trying to make a tiled 2048x2048 version that doesn't look horrible. But here is the link in case you want to try making one as well. I will upload mine if it doesn't look too horrible.

Attachments

• africahitech.jpeg
    africahitech.jpeg
    270 KB · Views: 1,112

wy2sl0

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2012
Sorry for my ignorance, but I've never dealt with a vector graphic. I know what it is and everything, but I've never actually done anything with one. What do I do with the PDF after opening it?

You can open it in Photoshop, specify the resolution you want, and it will "draw" the picture.

Think of a Vector graphic as having DNA. No matter the size it contains the blueprint on how to draw the picture, where to put the lines, where to put the colours.

The downside is vector art contains much less colour depth than normal artwork. In cartoons however, Vector is very popular.

falcora

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 8, 2011
Hi I liked it too, someone added a link to the comment section. Though that photo is only 645x645. I'm trying to make a tiled 2048x2048 version that doesn't look horrible. But here is the link in case you want to try making one as well. I will upload mine if it doesn't look too horrible.

I did a reverse image search and found a 3000x3000 pixel version. I scaled it down to 2048 x 2048 for you guys :)

Attachments

• ColoredTriangles.png
    ColoredTriangles.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 130,368

dylin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2010
California
for gamers

Been in a gaming mood lately and played my zelda games. Thought about wallpapers so here are 2

Attachments

• link navi.jpg
    link navi.jpg
    289.9 KB · Views: 303
  • link wolf.jpg
    link wolf.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 416

maclook

macrumors 65816
Nov 2, 2008
Great job finding the Verge wallpapers. Here are my two takes on them. Plus a Calvin and Hobbes one that I may put for my new white iPad's lock screen.

new_ipad_102041_large_verge_super_wide.jpg

the verge 2.jpg

the verge 1.jpg

calvin hobbes.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.