Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eagleglen

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
The Best Buy in La Mesa had a full rack when I went in to pick one up today.

This is a great example of the power of these boards. I called and a girl looked it up. Said they didn't have any. I insisted, so she sent someone to check on the sales floor and sure enough, they has 6 or 7 in stock. It's definitely for the new iPad too. Got one just now. Thanks for the info.

c6e4dd2e-c7f0-326c.jpg

DaGrandMastah

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2011
Anyone know when the belkin snap secure is coming out? I would figure theyw ould have been out at the same time. that's the only thing I'm still waiting for.

linsam

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2007
Irvine, CA
I also bought this case at my local Best Buy. Looks great. However, I do not think the fit is as good as it should be. The upper right hand corner is not snug at all. My husband has this case as well. The fit is not snug for him either. He had a Belkin Snap Shield on his iPad 2. The fit was outstanding. This one is not as good. Perhaps we will do an exchange and hope for a better fit next time.

----------

Is anyone else's case pretty loose in the bottom right corner? Mine just sorta flexes back and forth and isn't tight at all. I wonder if it's just a defect or if the design is poor.

I am having trouble, too. Looks great, but the fits needs to be more secure IMO.

Autokon

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2008
CA
Mine fits pretty well...all corners snap as they should. Nothing complicated here, protects the back.

Rychy

macrumors 6502
Aug 14, 2007
Stopped by the Best Buy near me and they only had the model for iPad 2. Said the new one is coming soon.

Kingpierce34

macrumors member
Jan 22, 2010
Returned my Incase Book Jacket Select at BB and picked up a Smart Cover and the Belkin Snap Case for new iPad.

First off, definitely make sure you buy the one for new iPad. I haven't tried the iPad 2 version, but from reports I've read in different places, it's a hit or miss. So the new model has a new box design that definitely differentiates itself from the iPad 2 version.

I LOVE this combination. Upgrading from an iPad 1, for 2 years I oly used one case: the Contour Showcase. Unfortunately contour seems to have bowed out of the case game, cause they stopped updating a lot of their cases. But I loved the protection and somewhat slim profile it kept.

This smart cover + belkin snap case feels like there's nothing on the new iPad. The Belkin feels so good in the hands (got frosted version) and now I place my iPad down on any surface without cringing at all.

Amazing combo. I'll update impressions in a week!!!

cardfan

macrumors 601
Mar 23, 2012
It's the feel I'm not liking. The sides of ipad are kind of annoyingly sharp with case on especially if held in landscape. Feels like a giant palm pre after awhile that also had the sharp edges.

It was the Belkin ipad 3 case but I'm going to return it.

I had the ipad 2 and Belkin case but it wasn't uncomfortable at all. My palms have ridges in them after using the new ipad for an hour with this Belkin case.

Maybe i got a bad case or something..

xpower180

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2011
UK/Dubai
Picked one of these up yesterday and very pleased with it. The fit and finish are perfect and I'm loving the simplicity of it with a smart cover!

Ryox

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2007
UK
I just got an email from Belkin saying the secure version will launch mid April. They didn't give me a specific date though.

TNThomas

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2012
I want to buy the Belkin Snap Sheild or the Incipio Smart Feather, but I can't decide. Why did you guys buy the Belkin case and not the Incipio?
Could anyone post some pics of a clear Snap Sheild?

Thank you in advance, Thomas

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
It's the feel I'm not liking. The sides of ipad are kind of annoyingly sharp with case on especially if held in landscape. Feels like a giant palm pre after awhile that also had the sharp edges.

It was the Belkin ipad 3 case but I'm going to return it.

I had the ipad 2 and Belkin case but it wasn't uncomfortable at all. My palms have ridges in them after using the new ipad for an hour with this Belkin case.

Maybe i got a bad case or something..

Mine has completely smooth edges. Maybe the one you got has some rough edges from the molding process. I'm not expert on manufacturing though :)

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
I want to buy the Belkin Snap Sheild or the Incipio Smart Feather, but I can't decide. Why did you guys buy the Belkin case and not the Incipio?
Could anyone post some pics of a clear Snap Sheild?

Thank you in advance, Thomas

They are both nice cases, but the Incipio locks your smart cover in place, meaning you can't remove it unless you remove the back cover. The Bellkin allows you to remove and reattach the smart cover without removing it. It's a matter of preference.

I liked the Belkin better also because I got the clear one where the logo shows, and it's not a fingerprint magnet. The Incipio I tried was the black one, and I also liked the feel of it, but it was less plasticky.

JoJoCal19

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Belkin Snap Case will not fit with BSE/rear skin

anyone brave enough to try installing a BSE with this back cover?

I think it would be a good combo since the Belkin isn't a super snug fit.

Did you get a chance to try this?

I can now confirm that with my BSE skin on the rear, my snap case (for ipad 3) will not snap on fully. I can say Snap case was a perfect fit before. Also the back has the oil look where the skin presses against the case.

hB8zW.jpg

catalyst6

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2007
Berlin
I can now confirm that with my BSE skin on the rear, my snap case (for ipad 3) will not snap on fully. I can say Snap case was a perfect fit before. Also the back has the oil look where the skin presses against the case.

Thanks for trying this and reporting back!

DaGrandMastah

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2011
damn it's not available until 4/15? that sucks. I have my leather smart cover ready to go but I really want the belkin secure.

iphoneuserinyyz

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2011
damn it's not available until 4/15? that sucks. I have my leather smart cover ready to go but I really want the belkin secure.

I have been waiting for the Snap Shield Secure too. As a stopgap measure, I ordered a Tucano Vedo TPU case for the iPad 2 in the hope that it would fit ok (link). It turns out that it fits the new iPad really well, and I really like the way it feels. It also has the magnet on the back to hold the smart cover in place. So I canceled my Amazon pre-order for the Snap Shield Secure.

DaGrandMastah

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2011
I have been waiting for the Snap Shield Secure too. As a stopgap measure, I ordered a Tucano Vedo TPU case for the iPad 2 in the hope that it would fit ok (link). It turns out that it fits the new iPad really well, and I really like the way it feels. It also has the magnet on the back to hold the smart cover in place. So I canceled my Amazon pre-order for the Snap Shield Secure.

Cool. I'll check it out. Can you also send me the link for the amazon.com preorder. I can't find the belkin snap case for the 3 on there.

KKSigs

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2010

I have the same set up as yours and didn't have any problems?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.