Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

raptorstv

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2011
So this one is the same as Powersupport's?
http://www.truprotection.com/films/apple-iphone-5-5th-gen-screen-protector.html

gowanis

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2007
Just got my HD Crystal for iPhone 5 from Tru Protection. I had been waiting for the one on the Power Support web site to become available. I used only Power Support Crystal on my iPhone 4 and so far this seems to be the same quality. Its the same company; The outside of the mailer says Power Support.

I used the steamy shower method and it went on perfectly with not a single dust particle. I did have a bunch of air bubbles which took a while, but eventually went away. It comes with a 2 part handy wipe packet (one wet and one dry).

Overall, satisfied for now, especially since I didn't screw up the first one have one to spare.

jdecosta

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2012
A quick tip on putting on a screen protector. Use a lint roller a few times on the screen. ZERO lint issues

apprunner

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
I used SGP this time around as PS didn't have iPhone 5 ready screens. I've had PS for my 3G, 4 and 4S. Great screens. I'm happy to say that my SGP seems to be of similar quality. No scratches and I wipe off using my shirt all the time.

Koebot

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2012
It does sometimes. It did when I tried it while installing an iPad 2 screen protector. It wasn't much and was easily wiped off. Now I just use painters tape.

nintendude

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2008
NY
Saw this on 9to5mac.... Is it just me or does the logo for those screen protectors look like the Power Support logo?

screen-shot-2012-10-20-at-4-59-53-pm.png

cruze1209

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2008
I just ordered 2 sets of Power Support iPhone 5 anti-glare from from amazon. Ordered 2 sets just to get free shipping I can sharing with a friend anyway.

----------

Saw this on 9to5mac.... Is it just me or does the logo for those screen protectors look like the Power Support logo?

Yea, thats a Power Support logo. I just checked it's Japanese website, Japanese version has similar lay out too and with the laser sticker on right bottom.

AJAAY

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2012
I just ordered 2 sets of Power Support iPhone 5 anti-glare from from amazon. Ordered 2 sets just to get free shipping I can sharing with a friend anyway.

Do you have a link to that Amazon listing?

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011

Those ARE the new iPhone 5 PowerSupport screen protectors. They changed the package art for this generation.

bushman4

macrumors 601
Mar 22, 2011
Power Supports web site says last week of October. Spoke to them last week and they said this week. They also said they are working on a 'back protector' . They didn't have a shipping date.

wc17

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2012
Anybody able to give me a comparison to the Spigen crystal clear version? I love the feel and look of the spigen but the thing shows finger prints like nobody's business! Is the power support crystal the same or similar?

jason4427

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2010
Chicago
Yes. I saw those today at the apple store. I don't want anti-glare though. Will have to order when the power support website lets me.

jkim3691

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2011
Power Support made a bad business move not being ready for the iPhone 5 launch. This delay made me look into Spigen protectors and won't be looking back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.