Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davmcn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 5, 2011
What's better for watching videos and such?

I think the colors both look nice, but I'm un-sure of which to get.

I heard that black might be better to watch content on as white might get a little distracting.

People with experience, care to weigh in?

scorpio1973

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2009
I think most people would say black for watching videos. The black border will blend better. With that said, I have a white iPad 3 and have no issues with watching videos and I don't find the white border distracting.

PrayForDeath

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2012
For movies/videos, black. For browsing, white. Either way, you'll eventually get used to whichever bezel color you end up choosing.

iHawaii

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2012
I have both the black and white 4's. Honestly, it's just a matter of personal preference. Nothing scientific about it and if you poll 100 people, the answer you'll most likely get corresponds to the iPad color they've already purchased.

virginblue4

macrumors 68020
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom
I don't agree with peole that say the white bezel is distracting.

I have a white iPad, and do not find it distracting at all. I much prefer the white over the black!

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
tbh, I think its really personal preference. I've seen people post that the white is better for videos and conversely the black. Get the one you like and is the least distracting.

davmcn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 5, 2011
In the end I ended up going with the black one and it does blend a lot better than my previous white iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.