Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 8, 2009
Maybe I should look again, but anytime I saw a photo of the white iPhone 5 with the screen on, the black border just seemed ever-so present. Granted, even with the 4S this was the case and is something people question when getting a white iOS device.

But it seems way more noticeable on the iPhone 5 due to the new screen technology that is used.

Thoughts?

tys

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2008
I just looked at my 4&5 side by side and I'd say the thin black border is the same. I do wonder why they couldn't make the bezel a mm thicker and eliminate it. I also wish they'd make the top and bottom bars white on the white iPhone 5 when using older small-screen apps.

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 8, 2009
I just looked at my 4&5 side by side and I'd say the thin black border is the same. I do wonder why they couldn't make the bezel a mm thicker and eliminate it. I also wish they'd make the top and bottom bars white on the white iPhone 5 when using older small-screen apps.

Maybe it's just how it looks in the photos. I thought the in-cell technology or whatever made the border more visible. Thanks for your insight.

KAB2010

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2009
Louisiana
Wirelessly posted

The border on the white iPhones is the main reason I stay with black. I can even notice it on my black iPhones sometimes.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
its the same and it's not a big deal... white iphones are gorgeous. man people do CRY alot. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.