Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EMAN19

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
New York, NY
Hey all,

My iPad mini is my first ever iPad. I've had it for about 2-3 weeks now and I simply cannot put it down. When I get home from work and unwind it's the first thing I grab when 8PM hits, and I shut it down at 2AM. That's 6 hours (give or take) of use per night. There's intermittent breaks here and there for the odd snack, but damn! I didn't think I'd like this gadget this much.

How much use does your iPad / iPad mini get on an average day? How do you new adopters feel?

CandyNJ66

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2009
USA
I'm an iPad veteran and I almost always grab my Mini when I wake up. When I get home, I pick it up again to check email, FB etc.

After dinner, chat with friends & TV, I once again use my iPad Mini, sometimes until after 1 am or so even though I have to get up early.

I use my Mini just as much as my iPad 4 when I had it and maybe even more! :eek:
:) In total, I use it for several hours daily.

Philalbe

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2010
Greater Boston Area
I've been using an iPad since the release of the first one. I currently own an iPad 3. I use it constantly. Web browsing on an iPad is addictive:p I also use it for managing notes and todo lists, as well as for creative writing.

bagelmaker

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2012
This mini is my first ipad too, and I'm shocked at now much I use it. On work days I web browse/play games for a few hours before work. Then I use this during my lunch and usually on break, then again when I get home (often while also watching tv or chatting with my husband.) I'm a night owl, usually up til 3am and I use this during the wee hours to watch Netflix. So probably 6 hours on work days.

On my days off all bets are off. Might use it all day, or if I actually have a social life that day I might only use for a few hours. But I'm usually a homebody, so I could use it 10 hours! Crazy/creepy to think about how much of my time I'm spending on this thing.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Second iPad for me, but the mini is seeing more usage then my old iPad, as I bring and use it everywhere

Nee412

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2010
Sunny England!
Same. The mini is my first iPad. I thought I'd maybe use it as much as my iPhone, but I use it a whole lot more.

Even it being wifi only isn't a draw back with thethering and the amount of free wifi available around town.

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
I had a regular ipad and sold it. I have to say that I'm using the mini waaaaay more than my iPhone 5 and MacBook Air. Love how light it is. I hope they can make it less reflective screen and hopefully retina next yr. I have the 16 gb model with cellular. I hope to definitely bring it out of the house more than my old ipad.

The best part is because its less heavier, I can use it to text other iMessage users. I wish I can get am alert when I get a phone call via the mini.

ScottNWDW

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
Orlando, Florida
I've been using an iPad since it was first released, when I bought my iPad 1 at 32GB. In July I was lucky enough to win a 16GB iPad 3 and passed my original iPad on to my partner. I used my iPads everyday and I carried it in my backpack to many places and take it to work for use on lunch or breaks. It has become a part of my everyday life.

Now the mini comes out and I bought myself the black/slate in 64GB. I found that the 16GB was a bit confining having had a 32GB prior, but considering I won the iPad 3 I can't complain. Since getting the iPad mini just 2 weeks ago, i have actually only turned on the iPad 3 about a handful of times. The iPad mini goes with me everywhere. When I go to work, having the lighter backpack is great. The added space is great too as is the added memory space on the device.

noteple

macrumors 68000
Aug 30, 2011
The only use my iPad 3 is getting is when the mini is on the charger.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.