Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tbdbuckeyeitl

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2012
Should a man carry a white iPhone 5 due to the scratchin and scuffing on the back. If I get a black one will an otterbox protect it or will it scratch in an otter box as well. Is it better to just get white and be done with it.

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
It's vary from people to people.

Just go for which one your heart tells you to.

At most, if you can't decide, blindfold yourself and swap both of them in your hands. Then take the one you end up with.:)

JoeG4

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2002
White cars are by and large the most popular car color, and most fleet trucks (service trucks, construction worker vehicles) are painted white too.

Tbdbuckeyeitl

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2012
Ok

Let me rephrase my question. Should the scuffs and scratches be enough to cause a careful (OCD) person t get a white over black. Will an otterbox scratch the iPhone.

JoeG4

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2002
Let me rephrase my question. Should the scuffs and scratches be enough to cause a careful (OCD) person t get a white over black. Will an otterbox scratch the iPhone.

It might.

Why not take some rough grit sandpaper to the phone so that the scratches don't show? :D

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009
Otterbox will scratch and probably further damage your phone (re: bend, plastic leeching)

pnoyblazed

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2008
I remember when I got my iPhone 4S last year and there was a guy next to me waiting in line talking about the iPhone and which capacity to get and I mention the color white and he goes "I don't have enough swag for that." Really? Most people slap a case on it anyway so it wouldn't matter

To each his own

s15119

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2010
If you don't know what you want, maybe you should be happy with what you have and get nothing.

jf1450

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2012
Nobody will question your sexuality based on the color of your phone. If it feels good, do it.

Minhimalism

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2012
Texas
Just get the damn phone you want. Also just because you're careful does not mean you're OCD. I don't see the point of throwing that in there unless you actually do have it, in which case I'm sorry. Just so tired of seeing people throw it around.

jaduff46

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2010
Second star on the right....
I'm a guy and just picked up the white myself. Ordered online and got the email that it was ready about 30 minutes later.

Was torn initially btwn white and black. There are so many blacks out there and the white really does look crisp and clean, so I went for that.

Next decision is whether to get a case. Perhaps a Poetic Atmosphere with a screen protector, but am open to suggestions.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
White. I like the clean look. The black looks too dull in person.

Grayburn

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2010
England
I had a black 4, i had a white 4s, now i got a black 5... i was glad to get away from the white for some reason, looks much better any how!

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2011
USA
Should a man carry a white iPhone 5 due to the scratchin and scuffing on the back. If I get a black one will an otterbox protect it or will it scratch in an otter box as well. Is it better to just get white and be done with it.

A man does not need others to make a decision for him!

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay

I put a case on my white iPhone so I don't have to see the scratches on it that I caused. I never dropped any of my iPhones so much until now for some reason. Luckily I have applecare+ so, if I continue dropping it like crazy I can just have it replaced for the $49.

stoneland

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2012
I wish I had gotten the white one...I see a lot of people (male and female) who have white and it looks better (naked). But I use a case on mine so it doesn't really matter. One thing that turned me off the white was because the black from the letterboxing of apps (some of mine still aren't updated) is harsher against the white phone.

But gender shouldn't matter with regard to what color phone you get...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.