Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Flood123

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2009
Living Stateside
It's beneath them and they should know better. Samsung is doing fantastically well in their own right. Produce adverts that speak to the benefits of your product instead of slinging mud at others. This just makes Samsung look desperate and diminishes my perception of their brand.

Sincci

macrumors 6502
Aug 17, 2011
Finland
2 - Go thermonuclear, Apple; Samsung and that criminal Eric Schmidt absolutely deserve it.

Can you actually explain what crime did Eric Schmidt actually committed? And if Apple thinks he's a criminal, why haven't they sued him personally? Unless you can answer to these questions, I don't think you have ANY RIGHT to call this person a criminal, no matter how much you hate him and the company he represents (besides, what has this guy ever done to you to justify all this hate?)

OldSchoolMacGuy

Suspended
Jul 10, 2008
So, what exactly has Apple done to improve their maps? Please list the corrections.

Did I say they HAVE corrected the issues? I don't believe so. I said they are working to make things better. You do realize that there are dozens of other options including Google Maps for iOS users right?

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
Haven't u herd that apple is not the only one whit problems in Australia google is also having problem whit the maps in Australia just google it and **** Samsung

Probably won't see any attention paid to it by the media like with Apple. There was a recent issue with the browser on the Samsung phone that the Media did not give a lot attention to either which was pretty serious:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/0...eset-on-many-samsung-phones-running-touchwiz/

dBeats

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2011
Samsung Boss: We have make fun of Apple Maps, take vantage of weakness.

Samsung Lacky: But sir, we just discovered that Australia's own data was wrong and hence why Apple Maps was wrong.

Samsung Boss: Shut up!! We have make fun NOW. Go google make fun poster, then bring back here and we copy.

Samsung Lacky: But sir, don't you mean "innovate."

Both: Hahahahahaha

Oletros

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2009
Premià de Mar

Samsung Lacky: But sir, we just discovered that Australia's own data was wrong and hence why Apple Maps was wrong.

Samsung Boss: Shut up!! We have make fun NOW. Go google make fun poster, then bring back here and we copy.

The problem with your joke is that Australian data was not WRONG, Apple interpretation of the data was wrong.

strum

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2007
...then I suppose you shouldn't be watching anything by NBC, Syfy, or even watch The Weather Channel or any movie from Universal because they're all owned by GE therefore you're supporting weapons oh noes... :rolleyes:

You're correct! I didn't know that, and I was just reading that US citizens boycotted GE for this in the 80's and 90's. Are they still making weapons? If so, goodbye Brian Williams, I will miss you.

mtliveson

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2012
Boston, MA
The Samsung is advertising Navigon, no Google navigation

I'm not sure why they advertised navigon instead of google maps navigation, but I have a theory. If you think about ad campaigns, they never push the features of android itself and more so on the proprietary features that samsung, moto, htc etc have. Android technically is open source and may not be able to legally advertise something that is open for their own financial gain.

dalbir4444

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2012

:eek:

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
it's working actually.

im embarrassed to own an iphone 5

You might have to own a Windows or RIM phone because apparently Android phones have a very similar issue with their maps app. Have you had a lot of issues with the maps app on your iPhone 5?

Oletros

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2009
Premià de Mar
I'm not sure why they advertised navigon instead of google maps navigation, but I have a theory. If you think about ad campaigns, they never push the features of android itself and more so on the proprietary features that samsung, moto, htc etc have. Android technically is open source and may not be able to legally advertise something that is open for their own financial gain.

Google Apps are not open source and they are not free.

And there is nothing that prevents advertising open source programs

X5-452

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2006
Calgary, Canada
How about before Samsung slander Apple in an ad they LEARN TO SPELL.

"Oops,

Should have gotten a Samsung Galaxy"

Gotten being the key word here, not "got a"

Grrrrrr......

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
Yeap, pretty much matches the intelligence of the post I was replying to, I mean I'm beginning to think it's part and parcel to be a racist in a Samsung VS Apple thread no?? It seems like it every time I read one on here.....

Have you ever been to a Holocaust memorial? If you had then you would understand how stupid the comment you made was.

mtliveson

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2012
Boston, MA
Google Apps are not open source and they are not free.

And there is nothing that prevents advertising open source programs

Thanks. I wasn't sure how that worked. Right after I posted that, I noticed that someone confirmed that Navigon came with the S3 in Australia.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.