Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
hahahahahaha... Apple got served! And they fully deserved it too!

this is good clever advertising, I mean Apple has used the corrupt biased American patent system and courts and to an extent government to gain market share and profit margins because it can..

Samsung are just using the advertising opportunity offered to them by Apple's mistakes to gain market share and profits...

It's called business, so stop winging over it!

perealb

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2009
No, they only care about the customers' money like any other corporation.
It's true what you said but it's unrelated to what I said.

Can they afford to? Samsung is openly mocking apple USERS.

So it is me who is made fun of for owning an iphone and not the guy next to me with the htc or the nokia...

See the difference?
I see your point but I don't think they answer it directly - nothing better than responding them by making superior products. I personally think that they do. Some people don't think so. To each their own.

840quadra

Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
Apple has had similar cheeky ad campaigns in the past. Competition at it's best?

Perhaps not,

But, in the world of cutting edge tech companies, someone has to give up a little blood here and there.

scapegoat123456

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2012
Strawmanning sucked then, and it still sucks now

mac-04.jpg

vannibombonato

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2007
Good Campaign

I'm an Apple fan,
but this is very good advertising.

Funny, simple and to the point, Apple style.

Samsung is improving a lot in their campaigning, their agency and the guys in Samsung approving the ads are getting better!

The day we'll see Apple responding directly will be a bad day, as rule #1 when you are the leader is not to recognize the other guy as someone at your level by playing down at its level.

BlueParadox

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
BRLawyer is correct, Australian domestic policy is based on being a good little supplier for China. So I think is an accurate description to call Australia a mining colony.

Look, even the DJs can cause international embarrassment with self-serving pranks, and the people there love it. Then they proceed to drive into the middle of nowhere and almost get killed. Really. Is a funny place down there.

:rolleyes:

Really got to laugh at the complete superficiality of this post. It's morning here in Australia, and you've probably given me the biggest chuckle for the entire day.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
lol.

Good Job Samsung...

Its the principal of it... Apple should have got it right... While no map is perfect first time, this only adds fear to the fix. Apple would defiantly think *twice* before doing this again. Add to the fact that Samsung and Apple are still "not friends" yet... So, its only natural for these two companies to pick up on every detail that goes wrong.

I mean, this just gives a good reason for Apple to "push harder" now its all public anyway..

Its media.... It happens anyway...

Last edited:

///M Powah

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2012
Hawaii, US
Well it's also true that Samsung builds missiles that kill people. And despite it being true, you don't see Apple running bloody war torn advertisements that state the truth, that if you buy a Samsung phone, you are funding a company that builds weapons to kill women and children.

Mens don't count?

russellb

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2007
It is very different

How it is any different than the Windows/Mac ads??

While I love my Iphone and I also like Apple maps less Apples slow response to correcting user notified map errors.

I also think this Samsung campaign is great , nothing wrong with a fun tongue in cheek poke at a competitor.

However where I think this is very very different is that Apple maps at its core is a great app , much better than the non vector google maps (map content not withstanding) and Apples turn by turn implementation is fantastic I prefer it to my Tom Tom app.

Whats missing is the data which we all know is a short term problem that will be fixed , not fast enough we all know, but it will be fixed and we will be left with a great map app.

On the other hand the PC V Mac adds that Apple ran were poking fun at a genuine long term decade plus problems with PC's that all PC users would have to admit to. Crashes, Blue Screens of death, Virus and malware etc etc.

lilo777

macrumors 603
Nov 25, 2009
Well it's also true that Samsung builds missiles that kill people. And despite it being true, you don't see Apple running bloody war torn advertisements that state the truth, that if you buy a Samsung phone, you are funding a company that builds weapons to kill women and children.

There are many Samsungs. The one we are talking about here is Samsung Electronics which is a publicly traded company (just like Apple) and has nothing to do with the missiles (or ships to that matter).

Alistair

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2004
Not on any of the maps that anyone here has submitted as an error. I am sure they are working on it. Perhaps they are starting with locations in Madagascar.

I live in the UK. I used the Maps app to report some low quality images of a fairly rural location and they fixed it. Also, the maps of where I live are both higher quality and a number of years newer than Google's.

dalbir4444

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2012

Wow. Reaching quite a bit there, aren't you? I'm still not sure why people are so offended.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.