Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Frisco

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 24, 2002
Utopia
Not me.

I am just asking. I think for many people the suffering that they have to endure everyday--maybe they wish they were never born? The really not well off.

But what about the Middle Class--just going to you job day to day? Maybe they feel the same way?

I guess even the wealthy can feel this way too.

Does anyone wish they were never born to not have to deal with life?

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Everyday. But that's because I was born with issues and have lived with them ever since. Everyone would be happier without me, especially my parents. :eek: So much money wasted on surgery, and so much more needed. Definitely a curse for me.

Frisco

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 24, 2002
Utopia
Everyday. But that's because I was born with issues and have lived with them ever since. Everyone would be happier without me, especially my parents. :eek: So much money wasted on surgery, and so much more needed. Definitely a curse for me.

No I am sure you are a blessing to your parents and everyone else in your life. Please realize your parents and those close to you are you glad you are here.

It's not about $$. I have 3 cats--2 of which have diabetes and it costs me a fortune to take care of them, but I have never regretted getting them. In fact I love them even more. And I am sure the same holds true for your parents.

Love is not based money.....and if it is...it's not true love.

Reactions: Meister

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Ehh, I wish that was the case. It's not. :eek: But oh well.

Sorry to hear that. Hope you get well after the procedures you need.

I do think about it from time to time just to try and visualise how the lives of the people in my life would be without me there. Not necessarily because I'm having a bad day or anything like that, my mind just wonders sometimes.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Not me.

I am just asking. I think for many people the suffering that they have to endure everyday--maybe they wish they were never born? The really not well off.

But what about the Middle Class--just going to you job day to day? Maybe they feel the same way?

Ok, is it wishing you were never born or wondering what it (??) would be like if you were never born. I see a huge distinction. I'm thinking the former. Why wish that? Someone with this thinking is saying their life is so bad they wish it never happened. Is that wishing for nonexistence or hoping for some unknown alternate life? If the former, I'd say in most cases the individual needs an attitude adjustment. The experience of living a human life is like a little adventure. Make the most of it and turn it into a positive, not a downer! Just an opinion... Yeah I know, easy for me to say. : )

Jaro65

macrumors 68040
Mar 27, 2009
Seattle, WA
I was raised in a working class family. We didn't always get along, my parents marriage deteriorated and it created tension within the family that made it very unpleasant at times. I had issues at school, I never really had many friends, but I had plenty of people who were out to cause problems for me. When I started high school, I was attacked twice in my first few weeks after one of my relatives from the troublesome side of the family, who was also attending the same school, saw to it that his friends made life hell for me. It wasn't until I switched to my third high school that life began to look up a little. Then the family split and I ended up without a high school diploma and almost homeless for a while at age 18. I had to support the remainder of my family, find a job, relocate to a new home on the very outskirts of town and start all over again.

I never wished that I never existed though. There simply wasn't enough time to. I had to turn issues into affirmative action, or risk falling further.

I eventually found some incredible people who stood by my side and brightened up my life. When I moved far away, those closest friends by chance moved with me. When things became difficult financially, we restructured our spending and made it work. I had to commute for 2 hours a day to get to work, but I persisted, and it eventually paid off when I had enough to relocate into the heart of the city and start again on much better terms. I still consider those years to be the most character building years of my life so far.

I'm 21 now. These days, I still face challenges. I work as an Apple Technician, but I don't feel truly inspired by my job, and it feels incredibly tedious. I've always been single. I have studies ahead of me that will be difficult, but not impossible. I have a lot of rebuilding to do to get to where I want to be. I always look forward to my future though and now, more than ever, I'm confident that I'm headed on the right track.

Whether you faced difficulties growing up, from environment, health issues, living arrangements or people you had to deal with, it's important to remember that the people that have constantly had to battle their way through are the ones with the most experience, character and personality. Some are our best and brightest, some are our most resilient and determined.

Your writing displays intelligence, moral character, and clarity of thought...all at such a young age. You won't get lost in life.

es5694

macrumors member
Mar 31, 2016
Las Vegas
You can do nothing about your wish of never born. The more you will telling your self life is worst or hard the more you will start feeling pressure and this way you will never be able to get rid of it.
So it's better to accept the fact and try to fight with it and overcome it or just go with flow. We don't have any other options. We have to deal with it.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Not me.

You're correct... that didn't come out to well.. ....

I stay inside,,, sometimes take drives... u know, just to get out and clear my head.... come on forums..... listen to music/podcasts... etc... via headphones...

U know,,, block everything out, i guess that's best to describe it.. But everyday, i just think i have a life, it may not be much of one, and while it may be a whole lot better, as least it is Mine to the best i can live it..

And that sometimes makes me better... It's a roller-coaster,, but i kinda take the bad with the good.

You make the best of what u can make it, but when the "best" isn't working, you kinda just live the best of *your* life... weather good or bad.. and block out all the other who say "you need help" or "you life can't compare to mine" type.

Having mental disability doesn't help either. but it's a life, and i am thankful for what i have of one.. regardless of how it is.

Last edited:

BeeGood

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2013
Lot 23E. Somewhere in Georgia.
I can honestly say I've never thought about this.

Just setting aside my beliefs for a sec, it's a totally unproductive line of thinking. Absolutely nothing good would come directly from it.

Having suicidal thoughts is bad enough (and please understand I'm not trying to marginalize people who are suicidal) but this thinking is worse in a way. Someone who wanders into this thinking is literally talking about erasing himself from history. From all memory. And removing anything he/she has accomplished. Even if a person is suicidal they wouldn't likely go to that extreme.

Besides, it's impossible anyway, so its also a waste of time. This is probably a more practical reason not to go there :)

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Yes I think about it as my parents first try was a miscarriage. So I really would not have been here had things gone right the first time.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I don't think I ever wished I never was born, and without casting judgement. That seems such a sad thought, I mean if you got to a point in life that you wished it never existed, that's just sad :(

At times, I wished I made different choices in life, but there's nothing I can do about what occurred in the past, all I can do is try to make better decisions in the future.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.