Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vpro

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2012
nope

noob here,

i just bought macbook pro from ebay and model number is a160 and the serial number ends with yjx

200gb hard drive, 2gb ram nvidia graphics card and 15"4 screen.

i typed my serial into this website to see what version i got look:

http://everymac.com/systems/apple/m...ore-2-duo-2.4-15-early-2008-penryn-specs.html

1 questions

it says the maximum ram says is 4gb but then it says 6gb, what is true?

Well I'm reading there it says max ram as 6GB. Rule of thumb, with these sorts of things - just ignore what ever the 'fruity' company dictates you can or can't do with the gadgets you bought with your own money - and go by users experience. Congrats !

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
OP, I changed the title to the thread to increase the likelihood of getting help. Help me type thread titles do not garner the level of help because members do not go into the thread to see what its about

im-loving-it

macrumors member
Original poster
May 3, 2010
OP, I changed the title to the thread to increase the likelihood of getting help. Help me type thread titles do not garner the level of help because members do not go into the thread to see what its about

ok thanks, so do you know if this will take 6ram?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
i just bought macbook pro from ebay and model number is a160
A160 is not a valid model number. If you mean A1260, your MBP supports 6GB of RAM.
it says the maximum ram says is 4gb but then it says 6gb, what is true?

You can find specs on all Apple products, including maximum RAM:

duervo

macrumors 68020
Feb 5, 2011
I upgraded my old Early-2008 MBP to 6GB RAM. So, it is possible.

I went out and bought a 4GB stick of Kingston ValueRAM and swapped it with one of the 2GB Apple SODIMMS that was in it when I bought it.

I'd post the Kingston part no. but unfortunately that system is on a desk, almost 3,000 miles away, powered off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.