Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

HAPILABS HAPIfork (via The Verge) is an electronic fork that is designed to monitor eating habits with built-in Bluetooth, a capacitive sensor, and a vibration motor.

HAPIfork provides information about eating schedules and alerts users when they are eating too fast, a leading cause of weight gain, according to the manufacturer.

haptifork.jpg
The fork measures each movement from fork to plate, which is recorded as a "fork serving." The fork monitors how long it takes to finish a meal, the number of fork servings eaten per minute, and the interval between each fork serving.

All of this information is uploaded through USB or Bluetooth to an online dashboard. The fork is also designed to work with the HAPILABS app to provide a coaching program that encourages better eating.

HAPIfork will retail for $99.99. The USB version will ship during the second quarter of 2013 and the Bluetooth version will ship during the third quarter of 2013.

Article Link: CES 2013: HAPIfork is a Digital Fork that Tracks Your Eating Habits

ghettochris

macrumors 6502a
Feb 19, 2008

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
I want a list of the names of the ...er....um...remarkable consumers :)p) who buy these...things.

I have a bridge in Brooklyn I am sure I could sell to them.

All of them...one each...

:eek:

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
Fantastic. I've been looking for human repellant. Glad it comes with bluetooth.

Last edited:

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
In my opinion eating healthier foods would be 1000 times more benificial than finishing your meals a few seconds slower... But hey, I guess some people are desperate?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.