Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacAPOL

macrumors member
Original poster
May 11, 2012
I dont know.
Today i'm telling my short experience of why i regret buying an ipad mini. I'been using it for the last week, all day and all night to just ensure i give a fair analysis/review.

So the main reason i regret is because i'm freaking addicted to it LOLOLOL.
Okey, i'm 21 and this gadget is the best i've ever own. Really, the build quality is amazing, the size is awesome, perfect size for a tablet, i am really happy i sold my ipad 2. Never going back to a size like that. So, the ergonomics are perfect. I think the design is gorgeous, like my iphone 5. Playing games is SOOOOO comfortable, a lot better than full size ipad. Web browsing is perfect. Everything is smooth, hands down to apple.

BUT, the only drawback is obviously then non-retina display. The actual display is acceptable, most of the time is not bothering me, but in text or the keyboard you can easily see the pixels. But i think is not a deal braker. The other bad thing (for me) is IOS. Its a great OS, smooth as a baby ass, but it should have more functions, more appealing to the eye, its stale, like it or not, android is ahead. I Hope ios7 brings some new things to mobile products. However, the positive things of this tablet overrides the bad ones

I highly recommend this tablet, to anyone, retina will come soon. if you can, buy the ipad mini, its amazing.

atomoboy

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2007
Birmingham, AL
An in-dash audio entertainment system

One of the coolest things I'm seeing people do with iPad minis is installing them as in-dash units in cars. Internet, music, GPS, everything at your fingertips at a fraction of the cost of (less powerful) factory units. Enjoy your iPad!
:)

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
Nothing wrong with being addicted to it. I use mine for everything now, best use I have for it right now is when I travel, my wife bought me the HDMI accessory so I can watch my videos on the hotel TV now. I love it.

iMichael!

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2012
I returned my iPad Mini.

That thing was amazing.

Only thing wrong was the no Retina Display.

Once the Retina Display comes out i'll be more than happy to buy a 32GB Wi-Fi IPM2.

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
I bought a mini when it first came out - loved the size and weight. But the screen bothered me (It could easily be my eyes - im young with good eye sight - I thought/think).

Returned mini - now my iPad 1 is to big/heavy. But it is paid for and I had it for 2/12 years cannot let go!

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I've said it many times, while it might be great to have a retina screen, I'm perfectly content with the screen and the mini. I have no buyers remorse.

Bokes

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2008
One of the coolest things I'm seeing people do with iPad minis is installing them as in-dash units in cars. Internet, music, GPS, everything at your fingertips at a fraction of the cost of (less powerful) factory units. Enjoy your iPad!
:)

Not a good idea.
Eyes should be on the road NOT an iPad.

temna

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2008
I only have two regrets with my mini purchase, ok maybe three.

1. I really wanted an A6 or at least a A5 with 1GB RAM. I think the mini is handicapped with only 512mb RAM.

2. The 128GB option on the iPad 4. Wish that was available for the mini. :(

3. The LONG delay from the wifi mini's release to me receiving my LTE mini. A month is a long time in tech circles.

Honestly, I could care less about a retina display on the mini, I just want processor, storage and RAM. I found it funny that after I gave my wife the iPad 1, I picked it up last weekend and was surprised by the weight after using the mini exclusively for over a month.

TyPod

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I've said it many times, while it might be great to have a retina screen, I'm perfectly content with the screen and the mini. I have no buyers remorse.

My thoughts exactly! It'll find lots and lots of use in the future even without a retina screen!

cosmocramer1

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2013
Rumors

Has anyone heard rumors on when the iPad mini 2 is coming out? I'm hearing mixed things on Mar or Oct. I want to buy one really bad, I just don't know if I should wait.

Thoughts?

Scarpad

macrumors 68020
Jan 13, 2005
Ma
Today i'm telling my short experience of why i regret buying an ipad mini. I'been using it for the last week, all day and all night to just ensure i give a fair analysis/review.

So the main reason i regret is because i'm freaking addicted to it LOLOLOL.
Okey, i'm 21 and this gadget is the best i've ever own. Really, the build quality is amazing, the size is awesome, perfect size for a tablet, i am really happy i sold my ipad 2. Never going back to a size like that. So, the ergonomics are perfect. I think the design is gorgeous, like my iphone 5. Playing games is SOOOOO comfortable, a lot better than full size ipad. Web browsing is perfect. Everything is smooth, hands down to apple.

BUT, the only drawback is obviously then non-retina display. The actual display is acceptable, most of the time is not bothering me, but in text or the keyboard you can easily see the pixels. But i think is not a deal braker. The other bad thing (for me) is IOS. Its a great OS, smooth as a baby ass, but it should have more functions, more appealing to the eye, its stale, like it or not, android is ahead. I Hope ios7 brings some new things to mobile products. However, the positive things of this tablet overrides the bad ones

I highly recommend this tablet, to anyone, retina will come soon. if you can, buy the ipad mini, its amazing.

Are you bi-polar?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.