Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NauticalDan

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2010
Canada
Here is my setup, pretty simple.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    549.4 KB · Views: 486

sergiobaschi

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2012
Gothenburg, Sweden
Sorry about the poor image quality. Too dark for the iphone...

Somewhat of a fail - you can see the power cord running behind the Air. There's a hole in the desk, to the left of the imac, but the hole wasn't big enough. Got some drilling to do, obviously...

bild2.JPG

bild4.JPG

Kadath

macrumors regular
May 28, 2006
It's an ikea table, L-shaped but the inner part is curved.

OK thanks. I appreciate everyone who has had me pester them with table info requests over the last 3 years on this and other forums, but I finally found exactly what I wanted and bought a big ass 6x9 mahogany U-desk off craigslist and am setting up my semi-circle of tech to surround me. I thought I was gonna have to settle for 2 L-desks tied together but watching CL like a hawk finally paid off.

Pix later!

edry.hilario

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010

I have sort of similar set up. I do also own the scarlet 2i2 and love it. However I do have rokit 6s white versions instead of 5s :D. Sick setup though. Ps. Get monitor isolation pads give you great bass response. I don't know too much about it but I did noticed the difference.
Do you have a soundcloud ?

Kadath

macrumors regular
May 28, 2006
I'll put up a better pic of the iMac specific part of it later but here's a wide view of my new desk:

New desk by Kadath, on Flickr

It's not what everyone would want but it's EXACTLY what I've been looking for. Enough space to have a half dozen different machines surrounding me in a semi-circle, accessible at the turn of my chair. I have used both bootcamp and parallels in the past but I prefer to simply have discrete boxes for different needs. My PCs are simply life support systems for Steam, my Macs are where I get my real work done.

It took me literally 10 months of watching Craigslist for something like this to come up, and while I found a few similar ones in the past none would deliver. This thing weighs over 400 pounds and is built like a tank. I suspect it will stay with the house whenever I move to a new one. I wasn't real particular with what wood I would choose but this is real Mahogany with a clear coating on top. There's a few chips in it here and there but at 1/4 the price of buying it new, I can deal with that for sure. Gives it character =)

TouchMint.com

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2012
Phoenix
Some pretty good ideas here I might have to redo my setup. I do feel like my work station is a little too messy to post up here but I will see what I can do.

Outrigger

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2008
how do you find the difference between the 2 screens? ie. the glare reduction in the imac vs the thunderbolt. i ask b/c i'm debating getting the current TBD or wait on the new one, leaning towards the old to mount

The post you referred to is an HP display, not the TBD although they look kind of similar. I have the TBD and I find the imac's screen to be a bit warmer on the yellow side as opposed to the cooler blue of the TBD. The imac of course has reduced glare.

linds15

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2012
Great White North
The post you referred to is an HP display, not the TBD although they look kind of similar. I have the TBD and I find the imac's screen to be a bit warmer on the yellow side as opposed to the cooler blue of the TBD. The imac of course has reduced glare.

thanks, don't know how i missed that, just assumed i guess. is the glare decrease very prominent? i'm still waffling b/w the ability to mount vs the reduction in glare

Soundburst

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2006
I have sort of similar set up. I do also own the scarlet 2i2 and love it. However I do have rokit 6s white versions instead of 5s :D. Sick setup though. Ps. Get monitor isolation pads give you great bass response. I don't know too much about it but I did noticed the difference.
Do you have a soundcloud ?

I have isolation pads but I don't use them due to them not really fitting on or being secure on the stands (I have the speakers stuck down to the stands).

I "upgraded" to the scarlett having had an mbox mini . . .even though the scarlett is just £100!!!!! Best piece of audio kit I've bought. So inexpensive yet MUCH higher quality than the Avid. Nice warm sound.

The great thing is v control pro on the iPad. . .basically a £1000 Avid Artist Mix for £34.99 :grin: Once I googled setting it up its amazing. I was freelance on my MBP and headphones and did audio post using clip gain and the pencil utility for volume automation; so the big screen, better monitors, and iPad mixer is just incredible as a step up! Can't recommend v control enough if you do audio post!!!

But yeah I'm very happy with the home set up lol took a while to save for it all!!

Work in a post production studio so none of my stuff is anything compared to the setups in work but its great to do freelance for people I know and as a second job/hobby (you have to love your work to enjoy doing your work in your spare time lol)

lospallos

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2012
I don't know which version is in the pic but there is a mac version available. I also had the win version. trackpad was crap and I can't believe I paid that much for the keyboard.

That keyboard is Logitch diNovo edge ( http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/product/dinovo-edge?crid=26 ) and what I know there is only windows version. If you look basic mac keyboard then that windows/apple button is wrong place, but I think it is in better place.
I have one button which don't work and that is in up right, but i didnt use that when i had windows (also fn function extra something dont work but thats life).

Ddyracer

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2009
That keyboard is Logitch diNovo edge ( http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/product/dinovo-edge?crid=26 ) and what I know there is only windows version. If you look basic mac keyboard then that windows/apple button is wrong place, but I think it is in better place.
I have one button which don't work and that is in up right, but i didnt use that when i had windows (also fn function extra something dont work but thats life).

There is a Mac version but it ain't selling anywhere except third party. Link

edry.hilario

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010
I have isolation pads but I don't use them due to them not really fitting on or being secure on the stands (I have the speakers stuck down to the stands).

I "upgraded" to the scarlett having had an mbox mini . . .even though the scarlett is just £100!!!!! Best piece of audio kit I've bought. So inexpensive yet MUCH higher quality than the Avid. Nice warm sound.

The great thing is v control pro on the iPad. . .basically a £1000 Avid Artist Mix for £34.99 :grin: Once I googled setting it up its amazing. I was freelance on my MBP and headphones and did audio post using clip gain and the pencil utility for volume automation; so the big screen, better monitors, and iPad mixer is just incredible as a step up! Can't recommend v control enough if you do audio post!!!

But yeah I'm very happy with the home set up lol took a while to save for it all!!

Work in a post production studio so none of my stuff is anything compared to the setups in work but its great to do freelance for people I know and as a second job/hobby (you have to love your work to enjoy doing your work in your spare time lol)
Yeah it took me a while for me too. How do you like pro tools? Like compared to logic. I want to get my hands on it but its so damm expensive for me right now.
But Ive heard is way easier to use than logic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.