Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fuchal

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2003
New baseband / modem firmware actually stays connected to Sprint LTE and 3G. It's seriously much improved.

big samm

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2008
Is it me thats only noticing this. When you have auto brightness on, and you tap on the passbook app, the main welcome screen on passbook goes really bright, and then it goes and dims down a little the brightness when you go into the app for passbook link.?

Its always been like that, so that barcode scanner can scan without too much problem.

Compile 'em all

macrumors 601
Apr 6, 2005
I can't believe it took 3 months for that. That's the kind of update that 3 software engineers should be able to implement over a weekend.

Why are you assuming that these engineers are only working on this update in the last 3 months?

Also, iOS is used by MILLIONS of devices. The amount of time needed to test something like this is enormous.

DMH3006

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2011
I didn't want to delete the account, running the risk not being able to sync anymore (what with google sync not working anymore for new accounts). Instead, I deactivated and reactivated my mail account in settings and that apparently did the trick...

Thats what i meant,just doing that usually solves any syncing problems.

emjaycee18

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2010
My wifi speeds on my iPhone 5 went from 18mbps down to 42mbps down. Now my iPhone has the same connection speed as my iPad and MBP. Couldn't be happier with this update.

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
I am not going through all the pages. But notifications still don't give out sound for me. I have had the phone troubleshooted at the apple store before. They have even swapped the phone out for me. One of the last times i went back, they said that they were getting alot of walk in complaints about notifications either not coming in or not making sounds. They said the standard line about 6.1 will fix all of that. But nothing, i am hoping that once my phone is jailbroken, i can try to download some kind of ipush type program that may fix my notification problems.

exoceano

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2011
Data use

will this update help with the midnight phantom data use issues ??

Anybody know ??

monkey28rb

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2010
I am not going through all the pages. But notifications still don't give out sound for me. I have had the phone troubleshooted at the apple store before. They have even swapped the phone out for me. One of the last times i went back, they said that they were getting alot of walk in complaints about notifications either not coming in or not making sounds. They said the standard line about 6.1 will fix all of that. But nothing, i am hoping that once my phone is jailbroken, i can try to download some kind of ipush type program that may fix my notification problems.

Restore and setup as new device.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Why are you assuming that these engineers are only working on this update in the last 3 months?

Also, iOS is used by MILLIONS of devices. The amount of time needed to test something like this is enormous.

Exactly. I love how an _operating_system_ update is casually dismissed as a weekend project :D

Gunny011

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2011
Bug in IOS 6.1?

Has anybody found that when, for example, when listening to a youtube video in Safari, you go back to the home screen, switch to the multitasking music controls, you can no longer listen to the video while not in Safari?

Also, the same happens with the Jasmine YouTube app!

This happens on both iPhone and iPad

I tried this on my Dad's iPhone 4 running IOS 6.0.1 and I can still listen to the music from Safari while not in the app

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
Is it me thats only noticing this. When you have auto brightness on, and you tap on the passbook app, the main welcome screen on passbook goes really bright, and then it goes and dims down a little the brightness when you go into the app for passbook link.?

Yeah i think it may have to do with a patent Apple owns. The brightness adjusts according to the image shown so obviously if you were using Passbook, brightness would go up so the scanners can scan your phone easier

----------

Has anybody found that when, for example, when listening to a youtube video in Safari, you go back to the home screen, switch to the multitasking music controls, you can no longer listen to the video while not in Safari?

I tried this on my Dad's iPhone 4 running IOS 6.0.1 and I can still listen to the music from Safari while not in the app

Yeah they took away background Audio for Safari. google seems to want iOS to get rid of that . Google asked Jasmine to take that feature away so

Zerilos

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2012

You're right, Jasmine no longer works right; however MacTube still provides audio with the app running in background. Google has been trying to crack down on 3rd party youtube clients to prevent them from being able to play audio outside of the app. Jasmine went through this several months ago when it would automatically keep playing when you exited the app.

I'm sure they'll get to MacTube eventually...

alexander25

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2012
iOS 6.1 is.... Well the same as 6.0... It should have been 6.03

Why, so people can flood these forums with:

"where is 6.1???????"

You people need to remember.. You weren't promised anything other than 6.0. Stop bitching and complaining that you didn't get more features.

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
Restore and setup as new device.

I did that. It simply wasn't addressed by Apple in the 6.1 update. I get my notifications, i just can't hear them. No sound at all. And like i said before, everything is set correctly. I did a dfu restore etc. Stopped by my Apple store earlier, told them i had 6.1 on it. They were clueless. (They did say that this has been an ongoing issue with customers going there, complaining about the same thing as me) And a new phone hasn't worked, cause i tried that also. Like i said, it will probably be the jailbreak team that will end up fixing the no sound notification issue before Apple does.

Yptcn

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2012
Paris
Personal Hotspot

Since I upgraded to iOS 6.1 yesterday , I noticed that Personal Hotspot ( Partage de Connection) was now in the main Setting page . Any one else ?

photo.PNG

Yptcn

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2012
Paris
It's been there for a while now. (At least since 6.0 that I can verify)

I checked on my old iPhone 4S that doesn't have the update and it' s not there , It's only in Cellular network .

Well , I have upgrade the 4S and it doesn't show in Settings , only in cellular network , so I guess it's a i5 thing I had not noticed …..

Last edited:

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009
Apple should've made the lockscreen music controls permanent whenever music is playing. Double-tapping the home button just to make it appear is so counter-intuitive...

Is the App Store and the Music app smoother and lag-free than 6.0.1? These 2 redesigned apps seem to be quite buggy in 6.0.1...

What would the point of a lock screen be if you could accidentally change the music? The double click method is there as an unlock method.

8a22a

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2012
Yorkshire, UK
Since I upgraded to iOS 6.1 yesterday , I noticed that Personal Hotspot ( Partage de Connection) was now in the main Setting page . Any one else ?

View attachment 393376

Mine was like that before. I think it appears when you first use it.

----------

Was looking at a bus timetable, tapped on 'Open with...' and this menu appeared!

Is this new or have I just not noticed it before?

Edit: Also just noticed that if I choose Adobe Reader, when I open another PDF in Safari, it defaults to 'Open in Adobe Reader' instead of iBooks.

It's not new to 6.1

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.