Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

r-m

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2010
It was Alien Zone - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/alien-zone/id585479179?mt=8

133 Mb and took about 4-5 seconds to download. I have a 50mbps/50mbps internet link but it's not fast enough to download 133Mb that fast.
Thanks :) I'll hotspot my iPad and download it now before I forgot. I know it won't make much difference now because it's already been updated, but I'd like to see it on the next update!

Correct me if I'm wrong but with this new way of moving the clock, isn't the song information larger and easier to read now?
Oh, yeah, I wasn't really paying much attention to the size of it just that the size of the clock and song info is about the same, and one's just as easy to read as the other. I rarely paid too much attention to what's on the lock screen when playing music. I just skip a song if I don't like the sound of it, without reading what they are lol

----------

Oooh, an improvement.
I switched on Personal Hotspot on my iPad 3, and my iPhone 5 connected! Usually first attempts fail, and I have to switch my iPad off and on again.

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2012
Who else has problems with the proximity sensor,mine doesn't work anymore but a few days ago,my iPhone got wet cause I left it in the bathroom for 4 hours and the bathtub was full with hot water and vapors were everywhere,that's why I found water on my iPhone and the sound stopped working but yesterday the sound start working again but I noticed the proximity sensor issue today.

jutte64

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2009
Fort Recovery , OH
Yeah I would like to see a screen shot of the old version versus the new layout and see if there is an actual font size difference. However it could just be an optical illusion, with the giant clock out of the way the font just looks bigger.

caesarp

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2012
Yes -- 6.1 FIXED EXCHANGE (activesynch) PUSH email issue

Finally. After 5 long months, push email in corporate exchange server environment now works with iPhone 5. 6.1 fixed it. Never worked from day 1.

Nor sure why Apple is so secretive about:

1. acknowledging the issue even existed;

2. Not issuing anything publicly about it in the release notes for 6.1 (final).

The only hint about this fix is in the notes for 6.1 beta 4.

This was a major corporate issue, and I'm not sure why they are not telling people it is fixed (or that there was a problem to begin with).

For more info, see this long thread in apple support:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4345374?start=315&tstart=0

and this:

http://www.engadget.com/2012/10/01/early-ios-6-adopters-report-problems-getting-exchange-push-email/

BadaBing!!

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2010
Thanks :) I'll hotspot my iPad and download it now before I forgot. I know it won't make much difference now because it's already been updated, but I'd like to see it on the next update!

Let me know your result

r-m

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2010
Yeah I would like to see a screen shot of the old version versus the new layout and see if there is an actual font size difference. However it could just be an optical illusion, with the giant clock out of the way the font just looks bigger.
Trying to add a screenshot from my phone so this may not work...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    273.6 KB · Views: 100

r-m

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2010
iOS 6.0.1 (or 2) lock screen music controls.
6.1 in my post above.
The text for song details looks about the same size to me so it may just be an illusion because of the clock not being there

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 122

jutte64

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2009
Fort Recovery , OH
iOS 6.0.1 (or 2) lock screen music controls.
6.1 in my post above.
The text for song details looks about the same size to me so it may just be an illusion because of the clock not being there

It does look pretty close, but the new location and lay out does seem to make it a lot easier to read. Maybe its just me lol.

Thanks for posting those!

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
from wikipedia

• Larger "Report a Problem" button in Maps
    [*]New music controls on lock screen when you double-press home button
  • Siri can now purchase movie tickets via Fandango (USA only)
  • LTE now works with several European and American carriers
  • Individual songs can once again be downloaded or deleted when using iTunes Match
  • New, persistent Passbook pass explaining service functionality.
  • iOS now includes Dami's voice as an option for Siri's tone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_6#6.1
These were harder for me to use this morning in my car, to bluetooth head unit. Maybe only because it was different and unexpected change.

And missing big clock numbers is sad.

Also, Airplay button is orange now? Ew... everywhere else it's blue. Consistency failure?

----------

Putting the duration of the song under the song name looks counter-intuitive. There's less information than the old music app on iOS 5.1.1 now. Not to mention ugly....

How is there less information, I don't see less.???

Ugly is opinion.

Jigga

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2009
These were harder for me to use this morning in my car, to bluetooth head unit. Maybe only because it was different and unexpected change.

And missing big clock numbers is sad.

Also, Airplay button is orange now? Ew... everywhere else it's blue. Consistency failure?

----------

How is there less information, I don't see less.???

Ugly is opinion.
Jeez, they got rid of the lockscreen clock?

Jigga

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2009
That sounds good.
I've been holding off upgrading because I fear it will kill the battery.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
That sounds good.
I've been holding off upgrading because I fear it will kill the battery.

Mine seems as good if not better. The trick is the usage, i.e., types of [background] services, specific apps, cell 3G or LTE vs. wifi, continuous vs. incremental, it's kind of hard to compare.

Next week will be a good test, we're hitting up Universal Studios, and I'm always pretty camera intensive (static and video), lots of messaging, posting photos. My 4S easily made it all day.

r-m

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2010
Yeah, after 6+ hours of use and a day and a half of standby :)

iPhone 5, charged this morning, 100% before leaving for work, arrived at 10:30am
time now, 5:50pm
Battery: 6%
Usage: 4 Hours, 47 Minutes
Standby: 7 Hours, 38 Minutes

That's with some texting (well, iMessaging), Facebook, Twitter and a little Safari. On 3G most of the day (connected to my iPad's hotspot for a while to download a 130mb app too), with around 2 bars.

----------

I forgot to mention my favourite fix of all - the iMessage attachments not deleting bug! They now finally delete!

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1517054/ :D

sigjuice

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2008
Looks more clean and less cramped.
IMHO, they messed this up. The clock should have stayed. I can't reach these controls on my iPhone 5 any more. Before this, I would double-tap the home button with my thumb and my thumb could reach the controls.

----------

In the car, while trying to keep my eyes on the road, I'm constantly pressing play/pause when I meant to change songs or vice-versa. Making the music controls as far apart as possible is going to do wonders for me.

Do you have an iPhone 5? Can you double-click the home button with your thumb and still reach the new controls with your thumb?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It's not shown while you're showing the audio controls, if you single click to the lock screen, or toggle back from audio controls via a double click, it's still there :)

Image Image
The clock is still there up in the status bar, it's just the usual small clock versus the larger one that's on the main lock screen (and the now old media controls lock screen).

----------

IMHO, they messed this up. The clock should have stayed. I can't reach these controls on my iPhone 5 any more. Before this, I would double-tap the home button with my thumb and my thumb could reach the controls.

----------

Do you have an iPhone 5? Can you double-click the home button with your thumb and still reach the new controls with your thumb?
The controls did move up due to the new design and removal of the large clock, but the amount of space they moved up is rather small, so I would imagine that for a good majority of people it wouldn't really be an issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.