Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thenumbersrbad

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2008
Wish the Griffin case was out already, it's the best looking to me lol

Was supposed to be out late January but no dice yet

wmflyfisher

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2010
Received the obex today in the mail. So far this thing is light years beyond the life proof. I really like it so far. I don't mind the flaps at all as long as they hold up. I'm very happy with it.

fishmd

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2008
Sunny South Florida
Anyone who has this case, have you noticed that the bottom right corner of the case might not close fully when the phone is in it? This is what is happening with mine and I can't seem to figure out why. It won't stay latched there. My phone does not have anything on it. No stickers/protectors. Anyone else have this too?

Cubano21

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
Anyone who has this case, have you noticed that the bottom right corner of the case might not close fully when the phone is in it? This is what is happening with mine and I can't seem to figure out why. It won't stay latched there. My phone does not have anything on it. No stickers/protectors. Anyone else have this too?

Mine is not doing this. Call customer support, there not like LP you will get a real life person quick. They will help you.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
The latches are very small and weak on the Obex and after you open and close the case a few times the case will no longer stay closed.

A friend said he had to call Seidio for a replacement because of this design flaw and they are sending him a new case. :eek:

I didn't have my Obex long enough to find this out on my own, this is second hand information. :)

HiddenPuppy

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2011

Mine seemed to do that at first and now it does not do it anymore. I wonder if it is a process of the foam inside getting settled in.

thenumbersrbad

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2008
Try snapping that side of the case first. Kind of like angle it on first and then do the rest of the case.

Mine seemed to do that at the beginning too but it doesn't anymore

Cubano21

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
Possibly air in the case that needs to get out. Try opening the charge port with the rubber piece out and press the case and screen a little to get the pressure out.

fishmd

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2008
Sunny South Florida
Thanks for some of the recommendations. I will have to try some stuff and see. If it doesn't work, I can always send back to Amazon easily enough. Interesting that others seemed to have it, but that it got better. Makes me wonder about the foam inside the case as well. As I said, it is only an issue when the phone is in the case.

Bugeyeblue

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2011
Question for you obex owners, is it hard to pull down the notification bar with this case on? Just watched a couple videos and it looks like the case blocks the top of the screen a little bit where you would swipe down to see the notification center.

HiRisk

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2013
Question for you obex owners, is it hard to pull down the notification bar with this case on? Just watched a couple videos and it looks like the case blocks the top of the screen a little bit where you would swipe down to see the notification center.

No problems here.

HiRisk

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2013
Thanks, just ordered one. I'll report back here when I get it installed and try it out.

Made this just for you:

9A1qWMX.gif

Bugeyeblue

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2011
Made this just for you:
Haha! Awesome, thanks.

----------

Has anyone had the mute switch cover open up unintentionally? Just want to make sure it isn't a problem. I'm pretty sure my case will be getting wet once in a while.
Also, does the charger get pushed aside at all while charging by the flap? It looks in the videos like it might damage the charging port over time.

Cubano21

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
Haha! Awesome, thanks.

----------

Has anyone had the mute switch cover open up unintentionally? Just want to make sure it isn't a problem. I'm pretty sure my case will be getting wet once in a while.
Also, does the charger get pushed aside at all while charging by the flap? It looks in the videos like it might damage the charging port over time.

Nope, and nope. Everything stays closed and there is no pressure on the charge cable what so ever.

Bugeyeblue

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2011
Nope, and nope. Everything stays closed and there is no pressure on the charge cable what so ever.
Thanks for the replies. Can't wait to get mine now. I took off the insurance from my account recently and feel like this will kind of be a security blanket.

HiddenPuppy

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2011
Haha! Awesome, thanks.

----------

No problem on either, I did have that issue with the Otterbox Denfender, puts a lot of pressure on the charging cable, did not like that at all. The Obex is great!!

Bugeyeblue

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2011
No problem on either, I did have that issue with the Otterbox Denfender, puts a lot of pressure on the charging cable, did not like that at all. The Obex is great!!

That issue with my defender is the reason I asked... Glad you knew exactly what I was talking about. Thanks.

Bugeyeblue

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2011
Can someone post a picture of a side view of the case? I can't find one online anywhere and I'm curious how those humps in the back look from the side.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.