Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maarten16

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2012
What legs did you buy, and did you buy the cable management with it too?

I want to set up an new office and have been deciding between the IKEA Galant range and making my own IKEA Hack:

Ikea Solid Oak/Beech kitchen worktop with some desk draws as supports. Not sure if it will be a bit shallow with a 27" ACD, MBA, Audioengine A2s!

Need some inspiration. I wanted to create an L shape desk (not against the wall) that was in the middle of my room, that didnt show cable clutter. That rules the Galant glass range!

I bought the Galant T legs, and also bought the Galant cable management.

Panthera Uncia

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2012
Amsterdam

Panthera Uncia

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2012
Amsterdam
Close-up.

Normally the mice are not present.

The rest:

tumblr_mifygcETls1rjcbkjo1_1280.png

jgould

macrumors regular
Jan 27, 2011
Columbus Ohio
New Setup

I've moved since my last setup post. Some of this is temporary until I can get the money together to build the desk I have on file at the local Container Store... (Actually, I may just buy the desk from Ikea that I just built for about $2K less than the one I have on file at the Container Store...)

IMG_0097.jpg

The big beige box under the left side of the desk is a Xeon server that I keep around to play on. On the desk is the 21" iMac, tucked away behind all the books under the right side of the desk is 3.5 TB of external hard drive space, on the tray table with the monitor and keyboard is my MacBook Pro (It's behind the monitor in a BookArc. Someone needs to design a bracket that attaches to the VESA mounts to stash a laptop in this configuration...) The scanner that I use to listen to the local sheriff, the router and the modem for the satellite internet connection... Also strewn about on the desk is a multitude of papers from being in college....

Last edited:

jgould

macrumors regular
Jan 27, 2011
Columbus Ohio
Bring mine over from the last thread, a few changes

In the pictures
Thunderbolt Display
LG 23" monitor
Retina Macbook Pro 2.6 i7, 512GB, 16GB RAM
Audioengine A2s
Airport Express
Xbox 360 & Tritton headset
Ergotron Swivel Mount

Not in pictures
iPhone 5 (taking the photos)
iPad Mini (en route)
Elevation Dock (ordered)

What mount is supporting the thunderbolt display?

RandomKamikaze

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2009
UK
Wow, I really take care of my stuff too, I guess it may be because I'm always in bed with it, and it's always being moved around, desk to desk. :rolleyes:

I use mine on the sofa, table, desk, train, office, relatives houses.

I never even considered the cable could break. The only unfortunate thing that has happened is the dog chewed half of the cable (from the wall to the brick)

lifeinhd

macrumors 65816
Mar 26, 2008
I have one from my 07 MacBook and it's fine..

Why? I take care of stuff.

Yup. My cable from my early '06 looked like new until the day I sold it. And that wasn't too long ago.

These aluminum ones though... my god do they pick up scuffs. At least they rub out... so far :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.