Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AppleDApp

macrumors 68020
Jun 21, 2011
Considering they brought back the T-shape mag-safe I assume it's a better design then the L-shape connector which I prefer.

lifeinhd

macrumors 65816
Mar 26, 2008
Considering they brought back the T-shape mag-safe I assume it's a better design then the L-shape connector which I prefer.

I much prefer the "T". I remember one situation in particular with an old MacBook with a dead battery, I had the "L" connector but the cord ran in front of the machine, so I had the connector in "backwards" to avoid stressing the cord. Then I had to migrate everything from the old MB to a new Air, so I went to plug in an ethernet cable... oopppssss. I had to shut it down, swap the direction of the connector, and boot it back up all because the stupid "L" design (only intended for the original Air out of necessity btw) was blocking the bloody port! :mad:

So glad they brought back the "T". If only it weren't still made with aluminum, especially since it gets so hot and scuffs easily.

mrmarts

macrumors 65816
Feb 6, 2009
Melbourne Australia
Just snapped a new picture of my new time capsule and desk matt. Now I only need to hide the wiring.

Attachments

• SAM_0271.JPG
    SAM_0271.JPG
    314 KB · Views: 346
Last edited:
Reactions: VirtuallyInsane

Ahheck01

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2006
Hello All,

This is my PowerMac G5 setup which I am very pleased with. But I really don't know what more I can do with my setup as I have expanded my PowerMac G5 Quad Core to the MAX!

View attachment 398703

Thanks in advance,
Merv Stent

You could get the new Mac Pro when they're released in March. I have no doubt that should end up about 10 times faster than your current maxed out setup.

NMF

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2011
Just added a TB display to my setup. I'm pretty upset at the height. I really need to be able to lower it, but there doesn't seem to be any way to do it besides a hideous desk mount. What the hell is the point of buying a sexy TB display if I have to use it with the same desk mounts you would see at Dell HQ?

I might have to return it. I just don't know if the right replacement even exists. Ugh. :(

Attachments

• TBsetup.jpg
    TBsetup.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 249

bokkow

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2012
The Netherlands
My current set-up
HoF88nfF

Not much changed since the last time I posted, I got an iPad Mini (32GB Wifi) and I absolutely love it. But I made some pictures today and I would like to share :)

My other set-up:
xNMXkGYp

Mind you; it's only for the looks although the G4 iMacs' display is a fully functional HDMI enabled screen I still have to fit in this:
IMG_5891.jpg

Some beats;
IMG_5907.JPG
(I know, I know, rubbish blabla not realistic blabla, I like the bass and that is what is important)

Some storage;
IMG_5899.JPG

2TB in the Macally case, 2 x 1TB seperate and a more mobile 500GB disk. There is a 2TB Time Capsule as well for network attached storage functions :)

What my gf got me;
IMG_5898.jpg

Haha..

If there are questions about what is what, please do so ;)

Last edited:

panda bear

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2010
My setup hasn't changed in quite some time. I want to change it up, but I actually like the stuff I have. I'm just fickle.

iMac 21.5" (version before the new one)
Bose Companion 3 Series II speakers
2TB WD with firewire
26" Samsung LED TV
Xbox 360 Elite
Turtle Beach x31 headphones
ATV2
iPad Mini 16GB wifi in white
Kindle Paperwhite
iPhone 5 32GB in white

Nothing terribly exciting

DSC_2487.jpg

jgould

macrumors regular
Jan 27, 2011
Columbus Ohio
update, Pre trip to Ikea

On Monday, I'm planning on making a trip to Ikea to pick up a Galant Desk to put in the office to make me far more productive, so I did a little bit of pre planning today to assist in making the transition from this desk to the Galant easier. I also relocated all of my networking gear to the closet. (Where the Mac mini will eventually live once it gets replaced with an Apple TV. I figure that I can use the mini as the media server and save some power over using my iMac for the server duties...) The modem and Router may end up getting mounted to the wall... Eventually the router will be replaced by a Time Capsule so that the laptops get backed up...

The Desk Area:
IMG_0099.JPG

And the "Networking Closet"
IMG_0100.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.