Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clearaway

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2005
I Have a MacPro. I am looking for a Host for a web site. I have been looking at Go Daddy and Register.com.

Can I please get some feedback and a recommendation asz to which Host to go with.

Many thanks Folks.
Al

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Dreamhost is good, their support is awesome. So is Media Temple. Go Daddy is decent too, and you might just stick with it if you have a domain with them. Just upgrade the package to one with no ads and some MySQL databases.

But don't go for the cheapest. The good hosts that cost you $10-20 have good spam protection, and the hosts that don't have it and aren't actively blocking it, have LOTS of it coming in.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Decent priced, I like ICDSOFT and their service is top notch. I typically get my service tickets responded (and usually resolved) within 10 minutes.

designs216

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2009
Down the rabbit hole
GoDaddy is cheap and not much else. Features are hard to without many clicks and they make this worse by frequently moving things around. I've also had crappy customer service from 1&1. Right now, I'm with BlueHost. They aren't cheap but service has been good and I think their UI is fairly well designed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.