Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
Good to hear because the GMAIL app for iPad,.doesnt expand when pinched. Just stays the same so I deleted it.

Can you see if you can expand the memos on the new mail program .? Please

Doesn't seem to be a way to zoom in/out or change default font size. It's of a comfortable size though.

Also, seems like it doesn't download your mail by default. It merely pushes notifications, and starts fetching the mail when you open up the app.

self

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
I'm afraid to use the app. I've read several reviews and I'm still not clear on how it will affect my messages in the web-based view.

Ideally, it wouldn't affect them at all. I recently uploaded thousands of messages from another account (which took days) and I *want* them in my gmail inbox until I've had time to label them. That would be extremely bad if they suddenly all got archived.

Someone also mentioned something about a message being deleted and then coming back later. I understand that's one of the main points of the app, but is it just doing it in the app, or is it actually deleting it from your gmail inbox?

SpectreOne3

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2012
I'm afraid to use the app. I've read several reviews and I'm still not clear on how it will affect my messages in the web-based view.

Ideally, it wouldn't affect them at all. I recently uploaded thousands of messages from another account (which took days) and I *want* them in my gmail inbox until I've had time to label them. That would be extremely bad if they suddenly all got archived.

Someone also mentioned something about a message being deleted and then coming back later. I understand that's one of the main points of the app, but is it just doing it in the app, or is it actually deleting it from your gmail inbox?

Mailbox won't auto archive them unless you tell it to archive them (as far as I know) so if you don't prompt mailbox to archive, delete, etc... they will just sit in your inbox.

As far as deleting, again based on my experience, if you delete a message in mailbox it will appear in "trash" in Gmail on the web. If you archive it in mailbox it will go to "All Mail" in Gmail on the web.

mfalcao

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2013
I have only one GMail account and am using Mailbox-App on my iPhone for 2 weeks now. On my iPad I prefer the original GMail-App, on Computers I use web mail. All fine, works perfectly together.

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2011
USA
Wondering if they responded to you. My phone crashed and was at 200,000 to go. After restoring, I'm now back at 700,000 or so. I also emailed them without a response so far.

They did respond to me but it was not positive. I gave up.

fjd726

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2011
What was their response? I've been waiting on that list for 3 1/2 weeks prior to going back up to 700,000

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I got this app yesterday morning after downloading it 4 weeks ago. I have to say its s very nice app. There are some things missing that I hope they add, but I'm sure updates will come. It's s free app after all :)

ARSkemp

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2011
I just checked the app today and I finally made it through the reservation queue. Signed up and have been playing around with it but I am having a hard time incorporating my labeling scheme into it.

I tried moving some of my gmail labels into the mailbox "lists" section but it looks like mailbox can only see 50 items per list (and not even the 50 newest ones, it seems like it chooses at random). Not to mention if I archive the item in a mailbox list it removes it from the list/gmail label entirely.

The remind me later seems like a great feature, but I am going to be unable to use this app if I cannot somehow have full access to my gmail labels.

EDIT:

I just found something online called Gmail Snooze. Looks like it does something similiar by manipulating labels with a google apps script. I may try seeing if this works in conjunction with the iOS Mail app or Gmail app instead, it would be nice to snooze from my desktop also.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/add-snooze-function-gmail-thirdparty-apps/

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.