Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thedeejay

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2012
Toronto, Canada.
LOL I like these ads. Although I own all apple products and think the ad is not really going to help Samsung get more customers, I don't mind them having fun. Don't be so offended peeps!

Chicane-UK

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2008
I wouldn't buy a samsung device if you paid me. I find it particularly amusing that they slam the Kindle as only being able to do books - that's the POINT of it. That's what it was designed to do. The trade-off is that the battery lasts weeks between charges, and it's easier on your eyes. Utterly stupid advert.

xero9

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2006
What if the guy was using the Surface Pro in it's tablet mode? They'd have no argument.

BenTrovato

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2012
Canada
Bashing others is so immature, one should go from strength to strength, but apparently it resonates with all the haters running amok these days.

I agree. No integrity in putting others down. I respect people/companies who can display their capabilities without ridiculing others. I'm not saying Apple hasn't done the same but it leaves a bad taste when I see it.

campingsk8er

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2011
Elizabethtown, PA
I'm not gonna lie, these actually where kinda funny. While most points for Samsung were pretty mute for me, I did find the "well mine has the retina thingy" really funny.

john123

macrumors 68030
Jul 20, 2001
I mean the Mac vs PC ads were actually funny/entertaining. These are just attacks. Really. Same **** different desperate gasp for air.

The only difference is that you don't like what these are saying. They're both entertaining.

iZac

macrumors 68030
Apr 28, 2003
UK
Remember the Mac vs PC ads? Same thing.

Also, competition is good, people. Apple has more reason to innovate/produce better products when they have competitors doing things (ex. here's hoping the next iPad can have two apps side by side).

The thing about the Mac / PC ads, is that they were lighthearted and the end user was never the brunt of the joke - just the OS itself (although they were humanised) You could laugh at (with?) 'PC' because he was a parody.

In the same way that those very short lived Apple genius adverts belittled the potential customer, these and many other Samsung ads simply insult users.

And the smug woman at the end of this ad is infuriating :p

Last edited:

WaxedJacket

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2013
A bunch of idiots sitting around on their tablets yapping about tech. Shoot me in the head. :rolleyes:

jreuschl

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2008
I think the ad has some valid points, but I do think it is dumb to slam the Surface that has ACCESSORIES. If you want true multitasking, the Surface can do that without a keyboard dock or a mouse, no different than a Samsung tablet that may have a dock or a mouse.

I think we can agree that the iPad could offer some kind of multi-window functionality. We could argue how useful it is, but they could offer it.

iRockApple

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2013
Chicago, IL.
I found the commercial to be quite amusing. Samsung knows their tablets are bs, and we all know it also. Even though Samsung greatly over exaggerated the shortcomings of the others, the commercial was still good for a chuckle.

street.cory

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2009
Comparing a tablet to a kindle?

A computer... to an ebook reader.

They're different products. This makes 0 sense.

She's using a kindle fire (Amazon's flavor of an Android tablet) which is famous for having limited/no Play Store Accessibility which is why she says "I can't get that app".

john123

macrumors 68030
Jul 20, 2001
The thing about the Mac / PC ads, is that they were lighthearted and the end user was never the brunt of the joke - just the OS itself (although they were humanised) You could laugh at 'PC' because he was a parody.

In the same way that those very short lived Apple genius adverts belittled the potential customer, these and many other Samsung ads simply insult users.

And the smug woman at the end of this ad is infuriating :p

You can try to split hairs all you want to rationalize your love for Apple, but really, it's the same. And I think the chick at the end is pretty funny.

Rettun1

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2010
Samsung ads used to be funny, like the original gs3 ones with the line outside of the Apple stores. Now instead of making their customers looks cool and hip, they're making them come off as smug *******s

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Geez, MR could you leave click bait crap like this for places like cnet (where I first saw it)? We know over there it's meant to be flame bait. It would be refreshing if this site chose to stay away from that.

kuwxman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2009
Kansas City
I genuinely hate samsung but these ads are not that bad. Samsung has products with decent internals , their hardware designs and software are what out me off
This. I use Nexus devices for my Android experience. Samsung will never see a dime from me. Their phones and tablets are crap.

THink7

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2011
Murrica'
0fae68b092.png

e3ed340ff5.png

They actually trademarked this completely random sentence.

DogHouseDub

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2007
SF
how useful are those 'features' when the battery is dead? An ad where the Samsung guy is flopping around for his power cord, looking for an outlet, figuring out how to sit close enough to the outlet...bit less sexy.

nazaar

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2008
Samsung... FYI your Galaxy Tabs aren't that great.

Sincerely

Former Galaxy User.

superliu

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2010
Calgary
So petty - its like in the olden days when VHS players say they can record at specific set time or support PAL vs NTSC, but the matter of the truth is people don't even know how to set the time on it - so its always flashing at 00:00.

Apple's products compare with others is like VHS vs DVD. Apple's products just work. Which explains why iPad account for ~85 of web traffic for all tablets!

http://gigaom.com/2013/07/23/the-ip...-percent-of-web-traffic-from-tablets-in-june/

ghostface147

macrumors 601
May 28, 2008
There is a thing or two that an Android tablet does better than Apple. I think a side by side video chat while going through emails and multitasking is a great feature, although it is hampered in Samsung's world. First party apps are the only ones that can do that. Well maybe just a thing.....not two.

A file system would be great to attach other things besides photos/videoss in email and other applications. Doesn't even have to be file system access, just something like the photos app. You can even give it a clever name like documents.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.