Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Millionaire2K

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 12, 2011
"Professional reviews" aren't completely unbiased. Apple has a way of punishing tech sites that bash or call them out on their quality.

That's why its generally in their best interest to give a rough overall review that gives minor criticism and overall praise.

Also when you review a product you do it based on the notion that if something is wrong with your unit it is not a widespread issue. (unless there have been widespread reports of the issue) You review it as if it's working fine. People may have seen the issue but ignored it thinking their unit was just defective.

You wouldn't give a bad review if your ipad arrived with a broken camera.

"The ipad air 2 is a great iPad except for it's non working camera."

kioko91

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2014
Happening with mine as well in the Apple smart case, right mid side. Only when I exert more than normal pressure. 64gb silver wifi.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
I'm not seeing it don't want to try and push my luck by pushing the heck out of it. That's ugly though I'd return mine

Dlanod

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
UK
This is a typical example of when you pursue something without asking customers what they want. I'm pretty sure 'make it thinner' would have been no where near the top of the list of things that customers wanted for Air 2. A better camera perhaps, longer battery life, faster yes. But thinner and less battery life in real world circumstances? I think not.

maintainin

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2014
This is a typical example of when you pursue something without asking customers what they want. I'm pretty sure 'make it thinner' would have been no where near the top of the list of things that customers wanted for Air 2. A better camera perhaps, longer battery life, faster yes. But thinner and less battery life in real world circumstances? I think not.

Yep. The Air 1 was fine as far as weight and dimensions. Are you kidding me? it was a great tablet. I'm keeping my Air 2. But they caused some unneeded drama with the Air 2. No brainer. Update the internals and leave good enough alone.

Thats not Tim Cook and Apple though.

maintainin

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2014
The A8X is unbelievable. Added AC wireless. 2 gigs of Ram...YES. Fingerprint scanner......Homerun. But nope.....had to go and make it thinner.....ISSUES. ....SMH.......

Last edited:

shadez9

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2014
Should I even bother waiting for this or should I just get the Air 1?

Seems like the Air 2 is a serious POS.

I am still loving the iPad air 2. Would not think of changing it to anything else. Would encourage you to get it, try for yourself and if there are too many unlivable issues, then you could always replace or return.

If the screen distortion becomes too much for me to bear in the next few days I would probably just replace one and see how it goes.

cababah

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2009
SF Bay Area, CA
I know none of you guys want to hear this but wouldn't a case *shudder* alleviate both the vibrating & distortion issues?

Sure it may be a bit of a band-aid fix but it could solve some issues and protect the device as a bonus.

Millionaire2K

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 12, 2011
I know none of you guys want to hear this but wouldn't a case *shudder* alleviate both the vibrating & distortion issues?

Sure it may be a bit of a band-aid fix but it could solve some issues and protect the device as a bonus.

Nope. The extra weight of the case makes it worst. Please read the thread.

ipadlvr

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2014

Apparently the case makes it worse because of the thickness

If this issue is for real, then surely Apple will do something about this.

This issue can damage your LCD eventually. Nothing should be pressing or warping your screen.

ipadlvr

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2014
I went to Apple forums and asked. One guy says he can't see anything on his and he has a case on it

I gave him the link to this thread and the videos.

Another guy is quite defensive about it.

Another one said my asking wasn't in line with the rules policy.

I don't know why everyone is so defensive.

alFR

macrumors 68030
Aug 10, 2006
I feel so sick.

Please get a grip, this is pretty insignificant compared to the problems a lot of people have in their lives. A bit disappointing? Maybe. A bit inconvenient? Maybe, if you decide to take it back / send it back to get a replacement. Might cause a problem with the screen over time? Maybe, but that's why you have a warranty.

Mine will do it but not in normal use (with or without case) and I have to actually try to flex it / squeeze it with more than normal gripping strength to get it to do it: I'd never have seen it if it wasn't for this thread. If it ever causes a problem (which I think is pretty unlikely) I'm sure Apple will exchange it.

Millionaire2K

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 12, 2011
Please get a grip, this is pretty insignificant compared to the problems a lot of people have in their lives. A bit disappointing? Maybe. A bit inconvenient? Maybe, if you decide to take it back / send it back to get a replacement. Might cause a problem with the screen over time? Maybe, but that's why you have a warranty.

Mine will do it but not in normal use (with or without case) and I have to actually try to flex it / squeeze it with more than normal gripping strength to get it to do it: I'd never have seen it if it wasn't for this thread. If it ever causes a problem (which I think is pretty unlikely) I'm sure Apple will exchange it.

I have OCD. This is just causing it to go into overdrive. I also go on vacation Monday to the following Thursday. So all kinds of thoughts about what I should do are going on in my head.

I do agree its not a HUGE deal as I know Apple will help. It's just driving my OCD and anxiety about going to get help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.