Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

syklee26

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2005
so who should i bag on if my MBP is not delivered by tomorrow? damn.....

all I need for battery number is

1. turn the system on with full charge
2. look at time
3. and tell us.

I don't need no stinking full-blown test or anything. if someone can give me number when system is idle, I can guess.

whoever has the MBP, just turn it on and give us the number you see.

guffman

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2006
bucksatan731 said:
my Credit card was charged this morning, status on Apple.com/store has not changed though, any speculations on when it might ship? Ordered mine on the 19th of Jan, original ship date was Feb 15, the upgrade pushed it to the 28th, but apple said that if i didn't select the 2.16 upgrade by the 18th my order would be filled with the 2.0,....... mine is also ship[ping to my job, so I am hoping for this week delivery!!!(BTW I paid the extra for the 2 day delivery)

My checking account had the money withdrawn on Friday, but still no word from Apple

Plecky

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2005
1dterbeest said:
not 7200 rpm 120gb drives
only 5400 rpm.

for some of us, that makes
a difference.

Exactly, but had they had a 120 GB 7200 rpm drive for a little bit more - I probably would've swung for it... Maybe they will, but by that time the 5400 rpm drive will be a whopping 160 GB and I'd probably go with 40 GB of extra over the speed increase in that instance... Maybe...:cool:

guffman

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2006
1dterbeest said:
not 7200 rpm 120gb drives
only 5400 rpm.

for some of us, that makes
a difference.

Apple offers: 80GB@5400, 100GB@5400, 120GB@5400 and 100GB@7200

There is no 120GB@7200

1dterbeest

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2006
Waupun, WI
true.

i want 7200rpm for running music
software like logic or reason. the
extra speed in the hard drive boosts
the speed at which i can sample
.wav or .aiff files.

Unfortunately, I didn't have the
$$$ for a better hard drive, so
I got the 80gb 5400rpm one.
With the student discount, that's
$180 for the extra speed and
the extra 20GB. $180 is a LOT.

Dicx

Contributor
Jan 10, 2006
Mine just went to "sent to manufacturing". Hopefully it doesn't take long.

2Ghz 120GB.

cgc

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2003
Utah
1dterbeest said:
true.

i want 7200rpm for running music
software like logic or reason. the
extra speed in the hard drive boosts
the speed at which i can sample
.wav or .aiff files.

Unfortunately, I didn't have the
$$$ for a better hard drive, so
I got the 80gb 5400rpm one.
With the student discount, that's
$180 for the extra speed and
the extra 20GB. $180 is a LOT.

IBefore I bought an extra hard drive I checked out a lot of benchmarks. 7200RPM is not a good benchmark, just like GHz isn't a good benchmark. Cache size, among other things, makes a difference in speed.

Plecky

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2005
dlastmango said:
Thats is what Im waiting for ...

Best Case Scenario: Early April for Apple's 30th Anniversary, although iBook/MacBook's or something else seem more likely. And if they do, odds are that the full screen 12" will be replaced by the wide screen 13.3".

Neutral Case Scenario: June along with the rumored release of the 17" MBP at the ADC. I mean they did release them together when they were first released as PowerBooks right, why not again? Maybe they can get verne troyer (sp?) and Yao Ming to do another commercial for it:p

Worse Case Scenario: Later or never, maybe if they ditch the small-side altogether and just make the rumored 13.3" iBook available in different configurations with the high end being close to a small MacBook Pro (aka standard dual core 1.67 processor, maybe upgradable to 1.83?) and other features found on the MBP, albeit different design/look making it more like a MBP in iBook/MacBook clothing.

Either way: I think we'll get either a 13.3" MBP or a really nice 13.3" iBook/MacBook that wil be very similar to what the 13.3" MBP would be like with a price tag that's similar (mid-$1000 range). I say stay tuned in April, I think it will be a very exciting month with many suprises knowing Steve, odds are he won't let us down. And if he does, there's always "next tuesday" up until the ADC in June, and even after there will always be a "next tuesday" in Apple land/world:rolleyes:

elguido

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2006
Macbook Pro, Arrived Today!

I am typing this on my new Macbook Pro right now. It arrived this morning (in Philadelphia). I ordered the 1.83 (now a 2.0) the day the release was announced.

So far, so good. I'll report back on battery life when its fully charged. However, the estimated battery life might depend on a few variables (brightness level of display, power consumption settings for battery/ac power).

In the meantime i'm going to dl the OSX update.

runninmac

macrumors 65816
Jan 20, 2005
Rockford MI
elguido said:
I am typing this on my new Macbook Pro right now. It arrived this morning (in Philadelphia). I ordered the 1.83 (now a 2.0) the day the release was announced.

So far, so good. I'll report back on battery life when its fully charged. However, the estimated battery life might depend on a few variables (brightness level of display, power consumption settings for battery/ac power).

Oh any pics??!!!

Plecky

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2005
elguido said:

As Napoleon Dynamite would say "Lucky!" Thank you and maybe after the verbal test, or before, we could get som visual proof (aka Pics!) Thanks:D Ooo, I feel like when we use the climb the ropes in Gym class!;)

darwin022

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2005
DC
^^ Congrats

Mine left Shanghai at 10:21am and got to Anchorage at 12:02pm today... not sure what the local/whatnot time differences are, but I can't wait!

Texas04

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2005
Texas
elguido said:

1. Battery Life please (lower brighntess on screen maybe only 1 Core runin if possible
2. How do the apps run on it? slow/ fast
3. How hot is it? With the battery being the only one plugged in?
4. How is the new power adapter?

Please dont stop posting :)

justflie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2005
Red Sox Nation
lol, that poor guy is gonna have so many PM's/replies with questions! well thats what he gets for being the first one to post having received the MBP. CONGRATS and keep the info flowing!

guffman

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2006
elguido said:

You've got one post...you're going to have to post some pics before we believe anything

elbirth

macrumors 65816
Jan 19, 2006
North Carolina, US
Until he replies with verifiable pictures of his MBP, I'm going with my thought that he's just a troll. Note he just registered and that's his only post and told us nothing we don't already know (i.e. saying that battery life will depend on display brightness, etc.)

Give us some pics of it if you want us to believe you ;) And if you really do have it, congrats!

edit:
yeah, what guffman said.

osustudent

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2005
Ohio
elguido said:

Sounds legit to me ... I have the tendency to be naive at times, but this guy sounds fine. :cool:

elguido

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2006
Battery Life

It says 3:31, with Normal consumption settings.

I don't even know how to post pics, but i'd be happy to do so at some point. I havent tried connecting a camera or anything of that nature yet...keep in mind i JUST got this computer. I have to run to class, but i'll try to give you guys what you want soon.

Why would I be lying? I can't even imagine what would motivate someone to lie about this. Are the pics just so you know I'm not lying? Otherwise, this very site posted pics of the macbook

P.S.: The machine, packaging...gorgeous. It's very fast, warm on the sides of the keyboard, but not too hot. Display is incredible. This is my first mac, so i'm figuring out OSX. Give me some time.

MacTruck

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2005
One Endless Loop
elbirth said:
Until he replies with verifiable pictures of his MBP, I'm going with my thought that he's just a troll. Note he just registered and that's his only post and told us nothing we don't already know (i.e. saying that battery life will depend on display brightness, etc.)

Give us some pics of it if you want us to believe you ;) And if you really do have it, congrats!

edit:
yeah, what guffman said.

Way to make a new member feel welcome. Jeez. Like I would post pics for someone calling me a troll.

janstett

macrumors 65816
Jan 13, 2006
Chester, NJ
mustard said:
I hear what you are saying but I am 100% confident that Apple didn't over-clock any chip from Intel (that would have instantly killed the deal). I personally think that no machine were built with the 1.67/1.83 specs but the current machines were built in advance in secrecy or are being built as we speak which is what is leading to the delays.

From what I understand, all chips of the same family with different clock rates are 100% identical, the thing is that chips are rated for a certain mean time between failure -- so the batches that are reliable go at the highest clock rate, ones with lower reliability are set to the lower clock rates where they are more reliable. And the final rate is set in the CPU's packaging (socket, cart, etc.). So, if I'm not mistaken, the clock rate is determined by MTBF of the processor batch.

jimN

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2005
London
MacTruck said:
Way to make a new member feel welcome. Jeez. Like I would post pics for someone calling me a troll.

Can you blame them? Anyway, it has a camera built in, he could use that to photograph his packaging without any difficulty. How convemient that he had to run off to class.

matperk

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2004
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Guys--come on. Let's not attack him. Ok, I would be a little suspicious if he had to run off to class at 10pm, but it's 4. Okay? I know we're all a little pumped about these things, but there's no need to attack someone who was just luckier than us and got his first.

And the fact that he just registered doesn't mean anything. I'm sure there are tons of people who read this site, but never register because they don't feel like they need to post or whatever. Just everyone relax a little please--myself included.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.