Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Vnunet claims to have received a short statement from an Apple spokeswoman regarding the ship date for the Apple TV:

"We're still planning to release Apple TV in February, as announced" she said.

The comment is triggered by a recent ThinkSecret report that the Apple TV had been pushed to the beginning of March.

The source of the confusion had been Apple's internal ship dates for Apple resellers to expect their Apple TV units. Indeed, Macworld.co.uk also claimed that they were told not to expect a review unit before March.

Early customers who placed online orders through the Apple Store are still being quoted a ship date "by February 28th".

Telp

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2007
prolly, weve already discussed the fact that the shipment date never changed...:apple: :apple: :apple:

bbydon

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2005
ATL
The think secret report had always said "The first shipments of Apple TV to the company's retail stores have been pushed back to the beginning of March, Think Secret has learned."

Its everyone else who miss read it

Clive At Five

macrumors 65816
May 26, 2004
St. Paul, MN
This proves that Apple Inc reads rumor sites.

...then again, so did Steve's acknowledgement of accidentally leaked stats for the G5's premier.

*shrugs*

-Clive

walexx

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2002
Sydney
i hhave a friend who used to work for apple and he told me that they actually have a department that spends the whole day going thru rumour sites and the like seeing what people are saying.

I mean, talk about cheap market research. Whenever something is announced then everyone starts to whinge and whine about the product and its short comings. I guess this gives apple a good idea as to what features people want in things and what they think about the products.

With the high exposure apple now gets they need to know what people are thinking and what they require in products, and well, its always nice to know what people are saying about you :).

NewSc2

macrumors 65816
Jun 4, 2005
New York, NY
i hhave a friend who used to work for apple and he told me that they actually have a department that spends the whole day going thru rumour sites and the like seeing what people are saying.

I mean, talk about cheap market research. Whenever something is announced then everyone starts to whinge and whine about the product and its short comings. I guess this gives apple a good idea as to what features people want in things and what they think about the products.

With the high exposure apple now gets they need to know what people are thinking and what they require in products, and well, its always nice to know what people are saying about you :).

cant they just moderate their own Apple forums for whines and gripes? (and rumors/news)

trevorlsciact

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2007
Orlando FL

Just imagine, one of us might be an undercover apple agent!

Kwill

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2003
tomAto, TOMaTO

Early customers who placed online orders through the Apple Store are still being quoted a ship date "by February 28th".
Shipping the final day in February or the beginning of March. What's the difference? No one will actually receive one until March anyway.:rolleyes:

thirdwaver

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2003
Northwest USA
Is it just me or is the difference between "Feb 28" and "The beginning of March" just a few days? Feb only has 28 days in it! Why does everyone think this is news? Are we that desperate for rumors? IMHO, This should be a page 3 or 4 post if those pages existed.

jonharris200

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2006
London, UK

Don't focus group members normally get paid? Hello, Apple? :D

EagerDragon

macrumors 68020
Jun 27, 2006
MA, USA

In that case ..... Steve, fix the shuffle so it can autosync podcasts and audiobooks. Not cool how podcasts and audio books can not sync like music does.

There could be someone from Apple lurking here right now as we speak! :D

On topic, that's good that the :apple: TV is going to ship as expected...

I hope so, this is the best blog anyway, where else could they be?

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
I hope so, this is the best blog anyway, where else could they be?

off topic I know .Forgive me Mods...BUT this seems to tick me off for some reason.

How do you figure MacRumors is a BLOG?

arn doesn't come in here and give his daily thoughts,rants and pics.etc..

This is a Mac Community Discussion Board.And the best I might add.

EagerDragon

macrumors 68020
Jun 27, 2006
MA, USA
off topic I know .Forgive me Mods...BUT this seems to tick me off for some reason.

How do you figure MacRumors is a BLOG?

arn doesn't come in here and give his daily thoughts,rants and pics.etc..

This is a Mac Community Discussion Board.And the best I might add.

Mea culpa ..... The best comunity Discussion Board, ever.

surferfromuk

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2007
If people are going to make up junk news and tittle tattle can they at least speculate about something interesting..(like the rumored spreadsheet element of Iwork 7 - that sort of 'completes the 'office' replacement suite doesn't it!)

caccamolle

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2005
chief, got nothing these days I guess.

The first one, well, ok, that was another excuse to discuss a bit the product, but you are looking desperate !!!!

psionic001

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2006
Mea culpa ..... The best comunity Discussion Board, ever.

I still don't get how a short story like this gets negative scores!. Can someone explain? Or is that just the secret MS operatives from the dedicated dept at MS which are tasked to watch these forums too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.