Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thormarketing

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2009
Excited! MacBook Pro 2.8GHz

So excited! Always wanted a PowerBook/MacBook Pro. Could only afford a Macbook before, but finally upgrade to the high-end 15" - I can't wait to get it! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :apple:

MBP 15.4/ CTO Z0GH $2,173.00 1 $2,173.00
With the following configuration:

* Processor 065-8454 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
* Memory 065-8457 4GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRM-2x2GB
* Hard Drive 065-8463 500GB Serial ATA Drive@7200rpm
* Optical Drive 065-8466 SuperDrive 8X DL
* Display 065-8668 MBP 15" Glossy WS Display
* DVI Adapter 065-8468 Mini DisplayPort - DVI Adapter
* VGA Adapter 065-8471 No VGA Adapter
* Remote 065-8475 None
* Apple Keyboard & User's Guide 065-8481 Keyboard/Users Guide
* Country Kit/AEX 065-8484 Country Kit

Ships: 1 - 3 business days
Delivers: Jul 8 - Jul 14

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Congratulations!
Hope you have a wonderful experience with it!

Now get an external HD and set up Time Machine! ;)

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

ltldrummerboy

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2007
Hi Guys,

I ordered by 17inch MacBook Pro (BTO from Apple online store UK) on Saturday 4th.

My order is expected to ship within 3 Days, but the expected delivery date is 17-20 July 2009?

Is this normal? - Hope i've not got a lengthy wait ahead, I can hardly contain myself.

thanks

BTO always take longer. Your order looks normal.

marvel2

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2007
It took over a week to finally find a 2.53ghz model in an Apple retail store, but I finally have one.

I called one Apple Store in my area and to my surprise they said they had them available but were limited stock. I had the person reserve one for me to pick up later that day. He told me they couldn't hold it for me for the entire day because of supply/demand.
After entering the store, I told the first person I met with that I had a 2.53ghz model on hold for me. She looked puzzled and told me that they didn't have any in stock. :confused: I told her I reserved one over the phone so she had another person check in the back. Eventually I received my machine, but the person who brought it out said that they did not have any stock the entire day. I consider myself lucky to get the configuration I wanted.

So far, I love this machine :)

footballforever

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2008
New of owner!!!! MacBook Pro

I;m a new owner of the new 13' macBook Pro, I love it and it's freaking great.

Can anyone tell me where I can get memory for a decent price?

Also what programs are a must have?

cpnotebook80

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2007
Toronto
I;m a new owner of the new 13' macBook Pro, I love it and it's freaking great.

Can anyone tell me where I can get memory for a decent price?

Also what programs are a must have?

newegg.com is good for memory
I got the crucial 4gb from there and works great

regarding programs, i got adobe and toast for burning and works blazing fast.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Congratulations and welcome to the world of Mac. May both you and your MBp live long and prosper together.

I switched well over a year ago, and for my needs, Office for Mac (Word especially) was and is vital as everyone in my world or work uses Word.

Cheers and good luck

AnotherFanBoy

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2009
they pretty much covered RAM. as for software, it depends what you're going to be doing on your mac.

If you like MSN, Adium is an absolute MUST.
I like iWork for my office needs, from what I have heard and read on the Apple Store reviews page, Office for Mac is awful.
If you edit movies, Final Cut is important. If you are into photos, Aperture. If you like designing things, Photoshop is great. Logic Express for music.

I guess it depends what you do with your mac, then people can recommend software.

Neo-Tech

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2009
Hello,

I'm getting my first Mac too! :D I can't wait, seriously, this waiting is killing me now ;)
Anyways, I'm getting a 13.3" MacBook Pro (Second option), however, I've upgraded the Hard Disk to a 320GB model. It's been shipped yesterday morning and Estimated Delivery: 09 July - 14 July! Still haven't been given my carrier tracking number :( It better come tomorrow :)

So free iPod touch, free printer and my MacBook. All coming in one, hopefully :)

Going to read more of this thread now

Neo-Tech

GeJohnO

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2009
Just received my 2.53 15" Pro (with 512 discrete card) in the mail today. Mint condition, only 4 charges on it, and $1000 cheaper. :)

So far, I'm amazed

airwalke

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2004
Just ordered a refurb 15-inch uMBP with the 512 discreet card in it as well.. should be here in about a week/week and a half. :) This will be quite the upgrade from my aging computer.

imnobody

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2009
hello,

I got my 1st mac too. It came to my apartment yesterday. Even with just a fews touches I can say I will never buy a PC. Till now I am a PCer. Just want to share the moment with all of you.

Ready to learn something new!

Cheers - DH

PS: forgot to say: my little baby is mbp 13 (luckily the LCD panel is 9C9F, colors are just wonderful)

Sdancott

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2008
Sheffield, UK
Hi Guys,

I ordered by 17inch MacBook Pro (BTO from Apple online store UK) on Saturday 4th.

My order is expected to ship within 3 Days, but the expected delivery date is 17-20 July 2009?

Is this normal? - Hope i've not got a lengthy wait ahead, I can hardly contain myself.

thanks

Hey guys, my MBP shipped yesterday morning.

Apple still estimate my order to arrive on 17th,

Have I still got that long to wait? I'm in the U.K. BTW.

It's shipped via Kuhne & Nagel Spedition s.a r.

Any info greatly appreciated

Jerm

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2009
Perth, WA
Hi All,

Soon to be new Mac user. Ordered a 13" MBP, 2.26ghz, 4gb RAM and 160gb HDD on Sunday, and just had confirmation its shipped tonight! Can't wait to get it.

Have always been a PC person, but needed a replacement for my 2 year old 15" Dell Vostro. The Vostro was originally my one and only computer, but have since gotten a main beasty PC that I spend most of my time on when at home, so went with the smaller MBP for portability when I go visit family away, and aslong as the 9400m can handle WoW, im set.

18mths ago I would have never dreamed of buying a Mac, but since buying an iPod touch and then an iPhone 3G, and then watching the keynote address from this years WWDC, im becoming Apple obssesed. The features of the touch and iphone have blown my mind away, and just some of the stuff that MacOS X does makes me feel stupid for using XP/Vista for all this time. Even stopped into a local department store today to pick up Office for Mac, and spent 20 mins playing on the display models. *droooooool*.

Bring on July 13th!

shred

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2009
Hey guys,

New to the forums. Just ordered a new 15" MBP and am making the Mac switch! After 15 years of working on nothing but PC's, this developer/photographer is ready to go Mac.

My wallet definitely feels lighter and I'm sure my GF will have a few things to say about my purchase later today.

I ordered the 15" 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 320GB 7200RPM HDD.

Hoping to use this thing as a workhorse for design/development work in Photoshop and Lightroom -- I hope it's up to the task.

Can't wait for this thing to come in!

EmielS

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2009
Hey everybody!

i'm also new on the forum, i have a 13 inch MBP for 1 week now, and it's the best thing ever happend to me!

RazorD

macrumors 6502
Nov 4, 2004
Bath, UK
Hey guys, my MBP shipped yesterday morning.

Apple still estimate my order to arrive on 17th,

Have I still got that long to wait? I'm in the U.K. BTW.

It's shipped via Kuhne & Nagel Spedition s.a r.

Any info greatly appreciated

How did you find out how it was shipped? Is there a way to track it on their site?

I bought a powerbook in the days of apecode.com/appletrack which let you track from K&N.

Anyway. I bought a Macbook Pro 17th inch at exactly the same time as you, in the UK. (Saturday 2pm!) and its estimated delivery was the 17th, but since it despatched it says the 16th :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.