Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tumbleweed666

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 20, 2009
Near London, UK.
I've got a Mighty Mouse, when the batteries die, and after I have put new ones it, it wont automatically connect back to it, I have to open up the bluetooth preferences box to get it to see it, which I have to do via a wired mouse :D

is there a keystroke or some such I can use to recognize the mouse quickly instead?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Try turning the mouse off, then on. Try turning Bluetooth off, then on. Try logging out/in or rebooting.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
That works but I'm using a wired mouse to do it !! Hence my Q, is there a quick way to do it via the keyboard?
Easier to stick with the wired mouse
How often do you have to do this? I replace batteries in my mouse once every 3-5 months.

PeggyD

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2007
Covington, WA, USA
How often do you have to do this? I replace batteries in my mouse once every 3-5 months.

What kind of mouse are you using? I would change the batteries in my wireless Mighty Mouse every three months or so. My Magic Mouse batteries need changing at least once a week (using rechargeables).

For the OP, I turn the mouse off, change the batteries, turn it back on & then click the mouse.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
What kind of mouse are you using?

Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX™
attachment.php

My Magic Mouse batteries need changing at least once a week
OUCH!

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Sure its no biggie, I guess once every 4-6 weeks, but I just discovered the reason - Doh! Bluetooth on my iMac was not set up as discoverable how embarassing :eek:

Thanks for letting us know! Too many would just disappear without ever telling if or how they resolved it. Glad it's working for you now!

mykoleary

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2007
For the OP, I turn the mouse off, change the batteries, turn it back on & then click the mouse.
Changing the batteries and turning it on did nothing. BUT, the click suggested here was the winner for me. One click and back it was!!

Bkxmnr

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2009
Wichita, KS
Not to resurrect such an old thread, but the bluetooth on my mini is set to "discoverable" and it will not reconnect to the magic mouse after I replace the batteries. Frustrating!

Brian1965

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2011
This has been a constant source of frustration... the indignity of plugging in a Microsoft mouse to enable the Apple one...

Not to resurrect such an old thread, but the bluetooth on my mini is set to "discoverable" and it will not reconnect to the magic mouse after I replace the batteries. Frustrating!

If I had read PeggyD's reply more carefully the first time, I would not have found the same answer staring at me in the manual...:

"You may have to click your Apple Magic Mouse once to reconnect it with your Mac."

Doh! :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.