Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

itai

macrumors member
Original poster
May 17, 2011
NYC
Does anyone know why iphone applications such as amazon.com and myAT&T are not being charged by Apple the developer fee (30% or 40% can't remember) when making payments through them? For example, I can pay my AT&T bills or buy on the Amazon app, but Apple is not taking any share from it.

Thanks!

outphase

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
Because they're not In-App Purchases within the guidelines of the developer agreement. Neither of the things you mentioned add anything to the content of the app.

itai

macrumors member
Original poster
May 17, 2011
NYC
Because they're not In-App Purchases within the guidelines of the developer agreement. Neither of the things you mentioned add anything to the content of the app.

I see...so let's say I want to develop an app where users can use credits that they bough on the website. For example, I have a site for shoes, and you can buy them only if you first bug credits. Can you use these credits to buy a pair of shoes on the iphone without getting charged then? From your answer, it seems like this should not be a problem...right?

Could you please point me to the right place where this is stated? I really looked everywhere in their docs and could not find it.

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.