Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hustmobile

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2010
iPad 2 Video Mirroring is something different with the TV-out feature. You can still try TV-out for some apps even with iPad 2 HDMI connection.

I just got the Apple HDMI connector for the Ipad2 and was doing the Mirrioring testing. I notice that a lot of videos show on my HDTV but did not fill the whole screen, is that depend on the video not encode in 1080? Netflix does fill the whole hdtv screen but not youtube 360/720 videos and other movie files.
anyone know how I can expand it to full screen? or do I have to get videos that in 1080?

tx

Fliesen

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2010
Austria
the wifi feature serves as a easy way to get files onto the ipad. technically, it is does not perform a sync, not really the same thing as wahat ios5 will deliver.

you can still access the 'Apps' tab through iTunes, click Goodplayer and upload files onto the device, can't you?

then again, yeah, i suppose it's more comfortable to use any lightweight FTP client than having to use iTunes. Also, you won't have to pair the device with every PC you want to exchange files with.

hustmobile

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2010
Yes, for iOS 5, you can still access the 'Apps' tab through iTunes, click Goodplayer and upload files onto the device.
As for the FTP support, the GoodPlayer supports FTP from 2.3 version.(The 2.4 version is the latest). FTP client is great for multiple files/folders uploading. HTTP is good for one file uploading, we are using HTTP for testing file uploading a lot during development.

you can still access the 'Apps' tab through iTunes, click Goodplayer and upload files onto the device, can't you?

then again, yeah, i suppose it's more comfortable to use any lightweight FTP client than having to use iTunes. Also, you won't have to pair the device with every PC you want to exchange files with.

ragnakore

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2011
BTW.. The App Store is not allowing "reviews" to be posted :(
I was wanting to post 5 stars for this app! ;)

BUG REPORT:
When playing video, press the SLEEP/POWER Button and the screen goes blank; but GoodPlayer is still playing.

Last edited:

peelers

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2011
More than Left and Right Audio Channels

Does anyone know if there a program / app that can mute certain audio channel? Goodplayer can mute left/right channel but i found a few videos that was rip from a dvd and it does not mute any of the channels. Dvd usually have 5.1 or more but I want to just play LR or RF or center etc.. I know i can probably demux it and delete channels and re-encode the whole thing but that would take forever. If Goodplayer has more channel on the list beside left, right, stereo, reverse stereo that would be super awesome hint hint hint :) either way Im looking for ways to do it without re-encode if that even possible.

thanks

hustmobile

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2010
I do not know why to choose some channels in 5.1.
5.1 channels will be mixed to 2 channels in GoodPlayer.
For mute left/right channel , there are some files that have such needs: such as left channel is English, at the same time right channel is Chinese. So mute one channel is a must.
But why mute channels in 5.1 channel?

Does anyone know if there a program / app that can mute certain audio channel? Goodplayer can mute left/right channel but i found a few videos that was rip from a dvd and it does not mute any of the channels. Dvd usually have 5.1 or more but I want to just play LR or RF or center etc.. I know i can probably demux it and delete channels and re-encode the whole thing but that would take forever. If Goodplayer has more channel on the list beside left, right, stereo, reverse stereo that would be super awesome hint hint hint :) either way Im looking for ways to do it without re-encode if that even possible.

thanks

peelers

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2011
I do not know why to choose some channels in 5.1.
5.1 channels will be mixed to 2 channels in GoodPlayer.
For mute left/right channel , there are some files that have such needs: such as left channel is English, at the same time right channel is Chinese. So mute one channel is a must.
But why mute channels in 5.1 channel?

There a large Asian karaoke that are on dvd, and when rip into avi and format to be play in Goodplayer, the left and right mute does not work. Also there are many American dvds that has commentator (voice) on the center channel (as i was told on web, not sure if true or not).

I did it in the pass by ripping to avi, separate the audio/voice, delete 1 of the stereo track, put the voice on 1 left channel, music on right channel then re-encode the whole thing into another avi and it work that way. Im trying to find a faster easier route if there is one that I dont have to re-encode etc..

I don't expect Goodplayer to have it, but wishful thinking and just to throw it out there to see if anyone else know a better way.

tx

hustmobile

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2010
What's New in GoodPlayer Version 2.5
1. Built-in downloader and built-in browser added. Built-in downloader
Make it easy to download the media files in the GoodPlayer app.
Built-in browser also make it easy to play some kinds of streaming URL
directly from GoodPlayer app.
2. The goodplayer:// URL scheme supports local media library file
playback. GoodPlayer local media library files can be accessed as
following URL samples:
Sample 1: goodplayer://filename1.avi
Sample 2 (with folder): goodplayer://foldername/filename2.mkv
3. Audio boost feature added: support volume beyond 100%. Boost the
media file audio volume from 100% to 400%. It is useful for those
media files with very low volume natively.
4. Folder password protection bugs fixed
5. Built-in downloader supports the following file extensions:
3gp,aac,ac3,ape,asf,avi,cue,dat,divx,dv,f4v,flac,flv,gxf,m1v,m2p,m2t,m2ts,
m2v,m3u,m4v,m4r,m4a,mkv,moov,mov,mp1,mp2,mp3,mp4,mpa,mpe,mpeg,mpeg1,
mpeg2,mpeg4,mpg,mpv,mt2s,mts,mxf,oga,ogg,ogm,ogv,ps,qt,
rm,rmvb,tp,ts,vob,webm,wm,wma,wav,wmv,ass,ssa,srt,smi,idx,sub
6. For downloader feature, this is just a start, please give us
feedback and your favorite file sharing sites. We would like to
support more file sharing site in the future. Please send us email
feedback: service@hustmobile.com . So far, Dropbox, MEGAUPLOAD,
Hotfile... sites are tested. Please note that sometimes the URL can be
played back streamingly when the URL is HTTP, FTP and other supported
streaming protocols. So you can try play the URL directly. And HTTPS
URL such as file from Dropbox could not be played back online, so the
HTTPS files could only be downloaded and played back locally.

hustmobile

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2010
Dropbox integration is finally added in the 2.5 version. Please give your feedback :)

By the way, the SMB streaming/client will be in the coming 2.6 version

Last edited:

Colors6

macrumors member
May 8, 2011
Unable to download from depositfiles,filesonic.com from the download manager/browser in the latest version.

I have no problem downloading using the 'downloads hd' app.

I think depositfiles.com site opens the download in a new popup window/tab. If that popup is blocked, the download fails. JUST A THEORY....

hustmobile

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2010
Thanks for the feedback.
The downloader feature is not a simple task. Please allow us improve it little by little. We will try these file sharing sites one by one :)

Unable to download from depositfiles,filesonic.com from the download manager/browser in the latest version.

I have no problem downloading using the 'downloads hd' app.

I think depositfiles.com site opens the download in a new popup window/tab. If that popup is blocked, the download fails. JUST A THEORY....

bnocabral

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2011
Hello,

I purchased the software today, first congratulations for the excellent product!

I have two questions:

- How do I hide the progress bar at the top screen during a video?
- How do I know which version of my GoodPlayer?

Thank you very much for the help! :)

Pingafuego

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2011
Hello,

I purchased the software today, first congratulations for the excellent product!

I have two questions:

The same here, purchased today, but cannot hide the bar.

Also, the app seems to crash an return to the home screen if I quit video playback, change some settings, and then return to playback.

Thanks.

Ashwood11

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2010
US

Tap the screen once and the progress bar disappears. Tap it again and it reappears.

To see the version number go to setting and select the the arrow on the upper right corner. Select the Email Feedback option. When the email page opens the version number will be in the subject line.

Last edited:

hustmobile

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2010
Somebody get the progress bar not disappear issue in the 2.5 version. We are still checking this issue.
By the way, does the fullscreen feature(the top upper right button) works for you? Thanks.

Hello,

I have two questions:

hustmobile

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2010
About the crash, I does not quite follow you. Could you give more detailed steps?

Somebody get the progress bar not disappear issue in the 2.5 version. We are still checking this issue.
By the way, does the fullscreen feature(the top upper right button) works for you? Thanks.

Also, the app seems to crash an return to the home screen if I quit video playback, change some settings, and then return to playback.

Thanks.

Ashwood11

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2010
US

Both progress bar and fullscreen feature work fine in version 2.5 on my iPad.

hustmobile

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2010
Thanks. Our iPad 1 and iPad 2 are okay too.
The iPhone 4, first without the "seek bar not disappear" issue, after lots of testing, the "seek bar not disappear" issue shows up on our iPhone 4. We are still checking it.

Both progress bar and fullscreen feature work fine in version 2.5 on my iPad.

hustmobile

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2010
Now we knew what happens to the seek bar issue.
Urgent GoodPlayer news: for English iPhone and iPod Touch users, do not upgrade to 2.5 version. English iPhone and iPod Touch users will have a "seek bar not disappear" issue on GoodPlayer 2.5 version. Please wait for the 2.6 version. The 2.6 version was submitted to App Store.
For all iPad users, the upgrade to 2.5 is safe; for other language iPhone/iPod Touch users such as Chinese, Czech, French, German, Italian, Persian, Polish, Slovak, the upgrade to 2.5 is safe.
Sorry for the inconvenience. And Thanks for the waiting.

Thanks.

Donka

macrumors 68030
May 3, 2011
Scotland
A quick question about the upcoming SMB support. Would a download be able to happen as a background task i.e. I could navigate to my NAS, start downloading a movie and then go check my emails or another application while the movie is still downloading?

hustmobile

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2010
It seems the background downloading only lasts for a few seconds. We are still checking how long the background downloading lasts.
So if you operate fast enough, the downloading is still there, or else you can still resume the unfinished downloads.

A quick question about the upcoming SMB support. Would a download be able to happen as a background task i.e. I could navigate to my NAS, start downloading a movie and then go check my emails or another application while the movie is still downloading?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.