Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Donka

macrumors 68030
May 3, 2011
Scotland
It seems the background downloading only lasts for a few seconds. We are still checking how long the background downloading lasts.
So if you operate fast enough, the downloading is still there, or else you can still resume the unfinished downloads.

That seems like a weird limitation, I thought the whole point on this background processing was to allow the current task to complete? Have Apple not implemented this properly?

hustmobile

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2010
It has some limitations for background work. Besides endless background music playback, the endless data downloading is prohibited.

That seems like a weird limitation, I thought the whole point on this background processing was to allow the current task to complete? Have Apple not implemented this properly?

Donka

macrumors 68030
May 3, 2011
Scotland
It has some limitations for background work. Besides endless background music playback, the endless data downloading is prohibited.

Ahh, maybe to safeguard against maxing out your data plan if mobile?
Thanks for the feedback. It would be good to know how long it will background for.

bnocabral

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2011
Tap the screen once and the progress bar disappears. Tap it again and it reappears.

To see the version number go to setting and select the the arrow on the upper right corner. Select the Email Feedback option. When the email page opens the version number will be in the subject line.

Unfortunately, this did not work to hide the bar.

I did what you said and I could see the version: 2.5!

Thank you very much! :)

bnocabral

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2011
Somebody get the progress bar not disappear issue in the 2.5 version. We are still checking this issue.
By the way, does the fullscreen feature(the top upper right button) works for you? Thanks.

Yes! The fullscreen works perfectly. But even in fullscreen the issue to hide the bar still there.

Thanks for the help!!! :)

Ashwood11

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2010
US

When tapping the screen to hide the progress bar make sure that you use only one finger. If you use two fingers it will not work. You can tap anywhere on the screen.

hustmobile

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2010
Sorry for this issue. It is a bug for GoodPlayer 2.5 on English language iPhone , the only way is changing to other languages listed below, or wait for the next 2.6 version.

Urgent GoodPlayer news: for English iPhone and iPod Touch users, do
not upgrade to 2.5 version. English iPhone and iPod Touch users will
have a "seek bar not disappear" issue on GoodPlayer 2.5 version.
Please wait for the 2.6 version. The 2.6 version was submitted to App
Store.

For all iPad users, the upgrade to 2.5 is safe; for other language
iPhone/iPod Touch users such as Chinese, Czech, French, German,
Italian, Persian, Polish, Slovak, the upgrade to 2.5 is safe.

hustmobile

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2010
Thanks for helping reply this issue report, it is a bug for GoodPlayer 2.5 only on English language iPhone :(
So some users got this issue, others did not get it...
The 2.6 version will fix this bug, the 2.6 version was submitted to App Store for review, coming with this bug fix and smb support.

When tapping the screen to hide the progress bar make sure that you use only one finger. If you use two fingers it will not work. You can tap anywhere on the screen.

ojayneeho

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2011
new goodplayer user

hi! i just recently purchased goodplayer. i added 2 mp4 files but somehow they seem to be really laggy and corrupted after ive added them that you cant even watch it at all. the audio is okay its just the video, why is that?

hustmobile

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2010
For mp4 files , you can also try iPod plugin playback: GoodPlayer --->Settings--->Plugin Setting, turn on iPod here, then play the mp4 again.
Maybe your iOS device is not powerful enough for native playback, please give more details about mp4 files and the iOS device model,thanks.
Besides the AVI/MKV file container information, we need more detailed media file information (such as video format/audio format/bit rate)to tell what is the issue. Please use free desktop application MediaInfo ( http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/) to get the detailed media information and send it to us.Thanks.

hi! i just recently purchased goodplayer. i added 2 mp4 files but somehow they seem to be really laggy and corrupted after ive added them that you cant even watch it at all. the audio is okay its just the video, why is that?

ojayneeho

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2011
hi! the suggestion you made worked like a charm! audio and video are awesome. thanks alot! im on a 4thgen ipodtouch and the mp4file is a 720p one :)

Just like PSP?
And who will create these customized pictures? the user? or the app automatically?
In the case of PSP, the user had to create the pictures manually and it is very laborious.

I prefer the app to automatically do it just like VLC for iPAD.

ojayneeho

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2011
hi! the suggestion you made worked like a charm! audio and video are awesome. thanks alot! im on a 4thgen ipodtouch and the mp4file is a 720p one :) --oops wrong quote on the first post

For mp4 files , you can also try iPod plugin playback: GoodPlayer --->Settings--->Plugin Setting, turn on iPod here, then play the mp4 again.
Maybe your iOS device is not powerful enough for native playback, please give more details about mp4 files and the iOS device model,thanks.
Besides the AVI/MKV file container information, we need more detailed media file information (such as video format/audio format/bit rate)to tell what is the issue. Please use free desktop application MediaInfo ( http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/) to get the detailed media information and send it to us.Thanks.

hustmobile

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2010
What's New in GoodPlayer Version 2.6
1. SMB/ CIFS/Samba browse/download/streaming support added
2. .iso file format support added
3. The "seek bar not disappearing" for English iPhone/iPod Touch version bug fixed
4. The file delete function in file manager added back
5. Some details about SMB/ CIFS/Samba support, the smb URL format is smb://192.168.1.10/sample.avi or smb://username:passwd@192.168.1.10/sample.avi ; and only one smb downloading or smb streaming is allowed in the same time. This means if a smb downloading is ongoing, the smb streaming or smb folder browsing is not possible, and vice versa.

finchwizard

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2005
Australia
I still prefer the way BuzzPlayer handles SMB.

The folders are at the top of the window, and are a different icon so you can easily distinguish between Folder and file.

And also the modified time and sizes are shown.

It's certainly a step forward which makes it a lot better.

The sorting is all over the place too. Starts at T, jumps to D, then M.
If it were at least alphabetical it might help.

hustmobile

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2010
Thanks very much.
Your suggestion is much helpful. We will improve these details in the future.

I still prefer the way BuzzPlayer handles SMB.

The folders are at the top of the window, and are a different icon so you can easily distinguish between Folder and file.

And also the modified time and sizes are shown.

It's certainly a step forward which makes it a lot better.

The sorting is all over the place too. Starts at T, jumps to D, then M.
If it were at least alphabetical it might help.

Donka

macrumors 68030
May 3, 2011
Scotland
Great update - the SMB works well for a first implementation. I didn't have any issues in navigation although sorting alphabetically would be nice as would the file size information. I think you also need a home button as I drilled down a few levels on my NAS but had to keep tapping the back icon at the top left several times to get back to the main application window.
A little tip for users, when it asks for the smb url, you only need to enter the DNS entry if you are using DHCP on your router and it will pull up the share - in the case of my WD NAS it was simply 'mybookworld'.
I will say that streaming worked fairly well although did stutter at times but these same files would stream perfectly using Buzz - maybe to do with using uPNP method that Buzz does?

hustmobile

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2010
Thanks for the suggestions.
Domain name should work, but user must make sure that domain name can be resolved correctly. So IP address is the recommended way.
About stutter at times, we will check it.

Great update - the SMB works well for a first implementation. I didn't have any issues in navigation although sorting alphabetically would be nice as would the file size information. I think you also need a home button as I drilled down a few levels on my NAS but had to keep tapping the back icon at the top left several times to get back to the main application window.
A little tip for users, when it asks for the smb url, you only need to enter the DNS entry if you are using DHCP on your router and it will pull up the share - in the case of my WD NAS it was simply 'mybookworld'.
I will say that streaming worked fairly well although did stutter at times but these same files would stream perfectly using Buzz - maybe to do with using uPNP method that Buzz does?

stump54

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2011
At the risk of dumbing down this discussion, I’ve got to ask a question…
Will this app allow me to either: 1. Listen to WMA format audio files, or 2. Allow me to convert WMA to MP3 for use, on my iPhone4?
I have a two hour commute each day that I spend listening to audio books. Though I’ve always used MP3, I now have a source for WMA formatted books. I’ve looked through this thread but if the answers are there, I’m not smart enough on the subject to recognize them.
Thanks.

hustmobile

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2010
1. Yes. GoodPlayer supports WMA format audio files playback directly. MP3 file playback is also supported.

2. No. GoodPlayer is not a converter, it is just a media player.

At the risk of dumbing down this discussion, I’ve got to ask a question…
Will this app allow me to either: 1. Listen to WMA format audio files, or 2. Allow me to convert WMA to MP3 for use, on my iPhone4?
I have a two hour commute each day that I spend listening to audio books. Though I’ve always used MP3, I now have a source for WMA formatted books. I’ve looked through this thread but if the answers are there, I’m not smart enough on the subject to recognize them.
Thanks.

stump54

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2011
1. Yes. GoodPlayer supports WMA format audio files playback directly. MP3 file playback is also supported.

2. No. GoodPlayer is not a converter, it is just a media player.

Thanks!

I searched for "GoodPlayer" in the App Store with no luck; any ideas why?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.