Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

contimuum

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 27, 2011
I keep getting a random error message quickly pop up on the screen of my 2011 13 inch i7 Air. It's one of those standard gray boxes with the yellow caution sign on the right. It's never there long enough for me to catch what it's saying. It can happen anytime, but most recently it occurred while using Facebook.

I have the following programs running in the background all the time - Twitter, LogMeIn, and iStat Pro.

Any thoughts on what this might be? Hardware Test reports no errors.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
First thing is to view the console logs, also disable those background tasks to see what could be the cause. If you were incurring a hardware failure, I think the symptoms would be more catastrophic then just a quick dialog box (but I could be wrong).

Get your system as vanilla as possible and see if that resolves the problem, then slowly add in those background tasks.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
I'm Getting The Same Quick Flash

I keep getting a random error message quickly pop up on the screen of my 2011 13 inch i7 Air. It's one of those standard gray boxes with the yellow caution sign on the right. It's never there long enough for me to catch what it's saying. It can happen anytime, but most recently it occurred while using Facebook.

I have the following programs running in the background all the time - Twitter, LogMeIn, and iStat Pro.

Any thoughts on what this might be? Hardware Test reports no errors.

But not on my Air, it's on my iMac....it can't be serious as the machine is working perfectly. I'm pretty sure the one I'm getting is a Thunderbird issue, as no background process is reporting any error. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Pandalorian

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2012
The antarctic
Getting the same thing

Baseline 13" MBA 2012
Always when i'm running Facebook... in safari. I suppose it could be a java/javascript crash or something... really annoying though :confused:

lukoluuc

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2012
I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago. It took quite some searching on fora, as I could not make much sense of the console messages, but somewhere I found the suggestion to turn of the firewall in system preferences, which worked for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.