Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vincent44500

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
ios 5 error 3200 fixed

Try this,
restart the computer
reset your iphone (home button + power buttonp
restart the update
it works for me

motty2307

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2010
Indiana
Got the error 3200 the first three times I tried. Seems to be working fine now on the fourth attempt. As I kept hitting update though I thought "this is probably why the servers are extremely overloaded right now, everyone just keeps hitting update and constantly trying again" :rolleyes:

Hippiechick

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
Hi..my first time in here.

JacobC123 worked for my 3GS..it's restoring firmware now.
Already have ios5 on both iPads.
YEAH !

I've used this forum many times looking for answers.
What a blessing.

Thanks Guys

Sent from my iPad:D

twbowman

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
I got mine

Just keep trying, i only had to re-back up and re-try about 13 times... but its almost finished now, hopefully its worth the hassle.

dp118

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2011
iTunes has been stuck on the ''Verifying iPad restore with Apple...'' for 20 mins now.

What should I do?

This process seems to take a long time. For me it took a very long time. I suggest going away and coming back to keep from kicking something.:)

twbowman

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
tricks

BTW, airplane mode, restarting, different cords, etc. doesn't do anything for you to be honest, just keep trying.. the servers are just OVERLOADED.

jbennardo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
Servers are getting crushed? Wait.. I thought nobody used iPhones and Android was #1. :rolleyes::D

Good luck guys and gals. The update is well worth it when it finally works.

Richie G

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
After 2 failed attempts I went downstairs, made a cup of coffee, white with 1 sugar. I then sat on the sofa for about 10 minutes before returning to itunes and hitting Update. This seemed to work so it must've been my exact actions that helped!

mricyfire

macrumors member
Aug 21, 2011
I can confirm that this works.

Backup regularly.

Do a clean install, update to iOS5 and restore to from iTunes and select you backup...takes a little time but finally got it working.

slowComet

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
I have an iphone 4. I tried to update this to ios 5 a few times and was receiving the 3200 error. After one of the errors the iphone when into recovery mode. I then tried to recover it through itunes, and it got the 3200 error again.

Now the phone just keeps cycling back and forth between the a blank screen with the rotating loading symbol and the blank screen with the apple logo. Sometimes a loading bar pops up under the apple logo, but this bar never fills all the way up.

The phone isnt showing up in iTunes anymore either. Had no idea I could do this much harm to my phone by just clicking on the "update" and "restore" buttons...

Any advice?

ks-man

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2007
After 2 failed attempts I went downstairs, made a cup of coffee, white with 1 sugar. I then sat on the sofa for about 10 minutes before returning to itunes and hitting Update. This seemed to work so it must've been my exact actions that helped!

Did you use pure sugar or a substitute such as Equal or Splenda? I just want to make sure I get it right as the error can be frustrating. Thanks :p

Karenl39

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2011
St. Louis

Sounds perfect! I'm trying it . . . :D

Mulligan315

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
3200 error just went away

I received the 3200 error several times on my iPad. I took a shot and did a backup (not sync - just backup), then a sync. Afterwards the update ran fine. Probably had nothing to do with the order I did things, but I provide it nonetheless. I was on 4.3.5 and iTunes 10.5.

Note: I did turn off my anti-virus, but the error occurred once afterwards anyway. I did not reboot, delete any backups, or delete any caches. Good Luck to all.

:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.