Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rahulgupta

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
Restore rather than update

with error 3200, you can update the firmware using the restore button, there seem to be some issues with the update button. Ofcourse you would have to restore from backup, which is an extra step, but at least you get to use ios5 without wasting more time :)

I just updated my iPhone 4, using the above.

L

lukemcurley

Apple should have released the iPhone at 8am in each timezone today, instead of having 250 million iOS devices around the world trying to upgrade and connect at once.

Agh, that's three times now. Time to try the Airplane Mode.

jeznav

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2007
Eh?
Same thing on my 4 with the current OS already on.

Oddly, the update for my AppleTV2 also failed to install.

I initially had my AppleTV jailbroken on another computer. I tried to update it using my main computer and had the error 3200 problem. So I went back to the other computer and update from there and it worked!. It might have to do something with settings in ~/Library

metalheadneji

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
Well mine (iPod touch 4g) always got that message when trying to verify the restore. I tried over and over again and changed the USB port it was plugged into and it worked :D I think you just have to keep trying for luck...

Make7UpYours728

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010
Florida
after 3.5 hours downloading on my slow ass work internet this damn Error 3200

Attachments

• ios5fail.jpg
    ios5fail.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 97

justin8821

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
Hello All

I got the same 3200 error message, I uninstalled itunes then reinstalled it. Didnt work.

I reset the entire phone from the phone itself then hooked it back up to my laptop and reinstalled everything including ios5 and that did the trick!

feel free to pm me if you have any questions

AppleKash

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2009
South Texas
With my iPhone 4 it only took 1x

However, I had to try like 15x before it actually worked on my iPad 2.
I deleted the backup from the preference>devices, but obviously that did not
work.. still was getting error message 3200. However, since nothing was happening even though I erased the backup.. the ipad itself had not been restored so I finally rebooted and still no dice. just kept repeating this procedure until it worked. I've already restored from my backup-- and am currently syncing all my apps back into it...

rictus007

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2011
This is fu*king *********. 20th time already and verification still hasn't gone through. Why do Apple updates always fail at the last hurdle. They need to get some more competent people working on the backend - they should have anticipated this from the outset, especially with their rolling out of not just the iOS 5 but other updates today as well.

Dude you are so wrong! Don't ever talk about Apple that way. Keep trying (i'm on my 22)....We are so Happy that the servers crashed, we are so happy to be so many iPhone fans... :D

Karenl39

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2011
St. Louis
Apple should have released the iPhone at 8am in each timezone today, instead of having 250 million iOS devices around the world trying to upgrade and connect at once.

Agh, that's three times now. Time to try the Airplane Mode.

Agreed!!! I was able to update my iphone 4 faily quickly after noon hit, but have been waiting and waiting for my ipad.

ramuman

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2005
Same issue on my iPad 2 and iPhone 4, both from the most recent versions of iOS 4.

My MBA with 10.7.2 is working fine, but the iCloud control panel on Windows 7 at work doesn't recognize my Apple ID as a valid iCloud account while the website does.

lhfan04

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2011
Like many have said before, it is just going to take some time, i did mine over 10 times, finally got my iPod touch 4th gen to work, there is no tricks just got to keep trying or wait till the servers die down

ChrisSD

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2010
San Diego
This is just great. Now my phone is stuck at the prompt to plug it in to the computer and sync with iTunes. Problem is, it won't proceed and restore to my backup. iPhone = bricked right now until server load is resolved. Worst. iOS release. Ever.

abacus1983

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
This is what i done to get rid of 3200 error

hi i installed ios 5 on my iphone 4 first go, i then came to install it to my iPad 2 and got the 3200 error 4 times, in the end all i done was disabled my windows firewall and my antivirus whilst installing the update and it worked first time, hope this can help some people

umutinevi

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
tried 2 times, it gave me error during backup, third time it gave error when it comes to verification, so it a progress guys... keep tryin

slowComet

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
This is just great. Now my phone is stuck at the prompt to plug it in to the computer and sync with iTunes. Problem is, it won't proceed and restore to my backup. iPhone = bricked right now until server load is resolved. Worst. iOS release. Ever.

Be careful, my phone was at this point. I tried to restore through itunes and then it failed again (3200) and went into a boot loop. Still trying to get it out.

n8sco

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2011
I am getting this error does anyone know which one this is? My iPhone is in recovery mode and i am unable to use it until it recovers...

I'm getting the same one currently and when I looked up the troubleshooting it said 3014 could be because I don't have enough disk space on my computer. I got the same 3014 error message on my PC which admittedly is low on disk space and my 2011 MBA which has 80 gigs free so I'm a bit confused. Any thoughts?

mcb13

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2008
California
Update bricked my Verizon iPhone 4. It restarted in recovery mode a factory restore brought it back.

Restoring from my backup left me with no purchased or transferred Apps, Music, Pics, etc.

:eek:

At least the phone is working and I can put everything back, but yikes.

oddiecz

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

metsfan84 said:
I read on another forum that putting the phone in Airplane Mode works.

I tried that, and didn't get the 3200 error. Not sure if that actually resolved the problem, or if it was a coincidence.

Not working for me.

SimmZ

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2006
Absolutely surprising, but AIRPLANE MODE work for me! :D

FYI mine is an iPhone 3GS 16GB who's previously running on iOS 4.2.1 jailbroken and now running fine on 5.0!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.