Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tranceme

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2006
California, US
It's stuff like this that has stopped me from buying Apple products.

When I bought my Powerbook G3 Apple used to be a good professional brand.

Now they're just a company that sells overpriced consumer stuff to fanboys and people who spend too much money on computers.

I wish the old apple would come back.

Thanks for the laugh. Are you serious? Apple was about to close the door when they were making that machine. I don't like the whole legal stuff either. But, overpriced? The other manufactures are struggling to meet the price points of the iPhone and iPad. And the $999 air is not too horribly priced. I'm guessing you were being sarcastic.

inkswamp

macrumors 68030
Jan 26, 2003

Now they're just a company that sells overpriced consumer stuff to fanboys and people who spend too much money on computers.

Lighten up, Francis.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
So apple is the bad guy right ?

If that's true why are all these countries banning the sale ?

Is apple paying their government off ?

Maybe there's actually something to this that some here don't understand.

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009

Yes, Apple stuffs are way overpriced, so PCs laptop with specs same as the current MacBook Air can't be sold cheaper than Apple.

vitzr

macrumors 68030
Jul 28, 2011
California
There is something very wrong with this picture. Very, very wrong.

Yet that said I do understand how bad Samsung is hurting Apple. Especially given the fact that last quarter Apple lost fifty million dollars. If they don't stop Samsung now, Apple may go out of business by years end.

That would be the greatest disaster in all of the USA.

The billions of dollars Samsung is raking in each week is just criminal. It's quite painful watching Apple being crushed by the vast sales of Samsung Phones & tablets.

I find it odd that Apple simply cannot generate any interest in their excellent products. Yeah, that's it. A collapsed level of interest.

Time to impose a modest 500% tarif per Samsung device sold anywhere in the world. Retroactive to 1999. That will teach them. Damn copycats.

inkswamp

macrumors 68030
Jan 26, 2003
Another step closer to apple getting RAND licensing of Samsung's 'essential' patents.

Seems that's what this is all about. Wish prople would consider that before pointing fingers at Apple and accusing them of being the bully. Nobody seems to care that Samsung is doing their own bullying. If Samsung can't take it, they shouldn't dish it out.

ethana

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2008
Seattle, WA

You should probably leave the forums then since Apple products no longer interest you.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out....

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
Seems that's what this is all about. Wish prople would consider that before pointing fingers at Apple and accusing them of being the bully. Nobody seems to care that Samsung is doing their own bullying. If Samsung can't take it, they shouldn't dish it out.

Yeah, no one sues a major supplier like that... --- unless there are other reasons behind it. :cool:

cababah

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2009
SF Bay Area, CA
"Samsung will continue its legal proceeding against Apple's claim in order to ensure our innovative products remain available to consumers," it said.

Samsung makes innovative products?

ethana

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2008
Seattle, WA
Here here.

I wish apple would go back to making good COMPUTERS. I miss the days before the ipod obsession.

And old people like music from the 50's.

Get with the times. Things are changing. Adapt or be dazed and confused as the years move forward on you.

boss.king

macrumors 603
Apr 8, 2009
And old people like music from the 50's.

Get with the times. Things are changing. Adapt or be dazed and confused as the years move forward on you.

Mobile devices aren't a replacement though, they're a supplement.

jmpnop

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2010
I don't see anything about copying. They made a competing product, that's what competitors do.

You're blindly defending Samsung, thats a clear rip-off of the Apple's Smart Cover. Not to mention their proprietary ports, wireless keyboards and some of Galaxy phones which look very much like the Apple ones.

boss.king

macrumors 603
Apr 8, 2009
You're blindly defending Samsung, thats a clear rip-off of the Apple's Smart Cover. Not to mention their proprietary ports, wireless keyboards and some of Galaxy phones which look very much like the Apple ones.

No, I'm pointing out something that isn't true. alex2792 said that Samsung "pretty much told the world that they're going to copy the iPad 2 after it was unveiled" and I see no evidence of that in the article posted. I'm not blindly defending anything.

subsonix

macrumors 68040
Feb 2, 2008
No, I'm pointing out something that isn't true. alex2792 said that Samsung "pretty much told the world that they're going to copy the iPad 2 after it was unveiled" and I see no evidence of that in the article posted. I'm not blindly defending anything.

Although, I think the "pretty much" part indicated that it was not an official statement or anything like that, but that it was evident by the design of the product.

Slurpy2k8

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2008
"Samsung will continue its legal proceeding against Apple's claim in order to ensure our innovative products remain available to consumers," it said.

Well played Samsung. Well played. You almost got me for a sec there.

Bosunsfate

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2006
Silicon Valley, CA
The truth shall set you free.

With more than one court ruling in Apple's favor I think the jury is really starting to come in and clearly say, Apple had a clear right to defend their IP.

If you don't like Patent Law, go argue against that. But saying Apple is a bully is shear nonsense.

Samsung is getting owned by the court system... and I say, congrats Apple!

And if Apple had a lost these court rulings I would have been saying...Bad deal Apple...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.