Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mw77

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2012
Ram?

Anyone think this thing will be locked at 512 MB? No specs are given on the Apple site.

ABadSanta

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

You are correct, sir. I can't believe people are still falling for this! The iPad equivalent of an iPhone 4S. Basically. Once again they were poised to "revolutionize" yet at this point they're just copy-cat'ers --- with the exception of the screen. Opens the door for the competition to outshine and they've got at least an entire year to do so before the next iPad. A 5mp camera in a world of 8's? With no flash?? Really?? Stay tuned for the summer, folks. More of the same smoke and mirrors for the next iPhone I'm sure. Wouldn't put it past them to release another 3.5" screen either. Laughable.

Well sure I know Android tablets are going to have better cameras, but let's remember that it's not all about megapixels-

The iPhone 4's 5 megapixel camera beat out a lot of 8 megapixel cameras like on the Droid Incredible from the same year because it worked better to capture light for its photos. Sure more megapixels translate to higher resolution photos, but it's never all about that.

Moreover, who uses a tablet to take photos? Maybe there are some people who do, but seriously...I'm more unhappy about the front facing camera than the back facing one.

edwurtle

macrumors member
Apr 13, 2010
3) will there be unlocked 4g?

What do you mean by unlocked? There's no contract, the data is pay as you go, month to month, cancel at any time. There just happens to be two versions: a version that can work on the AT&T bands and a version that can work on the Verizon bands. I did wish they somehow combined the two so the data prices would be driven down by on going competition.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Geez how dense can people be? The word "new" was not capitalized. The name is just iPad. Not, "New iPad" or "iPad 3" or "iPad HD". Just iPad. Why is that so hard to grasp?

RalfTheDog

macrumors 68020
Feb 23, 2010
Lagrange Point
Thank God somebody agrees with me! It's not that they don't make good products, it's just that these days, they don't seem to be as innovative as they used to be whereas the likes of Samsung and ASUS with their Android products are leaving them dead in the water whether the Sheeple like it or not.

At the end of the day, I'm just being brutally honest when I say that the new iPad is a disappointment, especially as I swore that I would buy one this year, but now I'm going to wait till next year when the next iPad comes out with a storage increase (hopefully).

The reason they seem less innovative is, we know about the features before they are announced. If we had not known about retina we would be very excited.

NIKKG

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2012
I was gonna order one, but I just don't see what the big deal to be honest. For the price they are charging, I expected more. I think I'll get the Asus 7" Android ICS with a Tegra3 for about $250 in a month or two when it comes out. Apple is on a downward slope, I don't see how their stock is worth so much with such mediocre upgrades.

diamond3

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2005
I don't understand why everyone is making such a big deal over this. Apple has done it this way with the various iPod lines for years.

Clearly everyone will simply refer to it as "3rd Gen" for diagnostic purposes.

And not just iPod lines, but Macbook, Macbook Pro, iMac, Mac Pro, Macbook Air... It's not as big of a shock as everyone is making it out to be. I honestly get tired of the 3g, 3gs, 4, 4s and I don't like the direction of it being 1,2, 3,4,5.

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
ugh, they won't tell us when we should go on and pre-order... I leave work at 5:30 and don't get home till 6:00 EST. I bet it'll start at 5:31

GekiRed

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2010
Hades aka England
it has nothing to do with being a sheeple. I am realistic. I wasn't expecting every rumor that showed up on a blog to be included with this new ipad. But I'm sorry when I see a post from someone claiming they were going to get an iPad but are now going to get an [insert Android device here] instead I'm a bit skeptical. Sounds too much like fandroid trolling to me.

I can understand where you're coming from, but I'm not an Apple fanboy OR a Android fanboy, because when it comes to hi-tech products, I couldn't give a feck if it's by Apple or is a Android device, as long as it does its job very well, that's all that matters, not whether the damn thing has fancy graphics or not.

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2007
The store is getting hammered. Getting "the host has temporarily throttled requests" when trying to connect, mixed with the offline notice. Given that its running on akamai they must be receiving literally millions of hits right now.

petsounds

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
they are going to crush the competition and every major news outlet will be talking about this

are you for real

They crush the competition because there's not much competition. Android tablets are a joke.

And I think I'm for real, but maybe I'm imagining myself.

basesloaded190

macrumors 68030
Oct 16, 2007
Wisconsin
I was gonna order one, but I just don't see what the big deal to be honest. For the price they are charging, I expected more. I think I'll get the Asus 7" Android ICS with a Tegra3 for about $250 in a month or two when it comes out. Apple is on a downward slope, I don't see how their stock is worth so much with such mediocre upgrades.

Not familiar with how the stock market works, are you?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.