Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

While the official launch of the 3rd Generation iPad isn't until March 16th, Vietnamese site Tinhte.vn has managed to get their hands on one of the new iPads and shot an unboxing video.

The video, of course, is in Vietnamese, but you can follow along pretty easily.

There are no new revelations, but you can see the unboxing and also the LTE toggle in the settings:

Additional photos can be seen in the Tinhte forum thread.

The 3rd Generation iPad launches officially on March 16th. Many readers have already received shipping notices for their pre-orders. While some may slip through the cracks and be delivered early, Apple typically requests shipments to be delayed until launch day.

Article Link: First Unboxing Video of 3rd Generation Retina iPad

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
*looks at clock*

Back to forums.

*looks at clock*

Back to forums.

*looks at clock*

Back to forums.

*looks at clock*

Back to forums.

*looks at clock - CHANGES FROM 8:14pm to 8:15pm - YAAAAY!!!*

Back to forums.

I can't remember being this excited since, oooooh, iPad 1??

scrapple

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2004
JUST A HEADS UP..

you will notice the box is the same as the IPAD2 box... except the screen image is blue..

keep that in mind..... for if your at a store and the ipad's are behind glass, you will at least know its an ipad 3...

also, if your buying off of someone, make sure to check the box for the blue screen on the ipad... and I would also open it up and fire it up to make sure its a retina screen....

I can see some scams happening soon...

ipadboxes.jpg

Apple should of put something different on the box to differentiate from the ipad 2 box

Last edited:

noraa

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2003
Not a fake

It's not a fake. The serial number of the new iPad is DLXH24J7DVGK (you can just barely make it out when the video shows the back of the iPad box). The other serial number is the serial number of the old iPad 2 (you can easily tell because when that serial # is shown, the iPad bezel is black - whereas the iPad 3 being unpacked has a white bezel).

xinu

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2012
Finland
Don't care about iPad, give us new MBPs and Airs :)

I hope they wont put "retina" displays on the MacbookPro line because it is just nonsense. You cannot see the pixels on 15" @ 1440x960 either. Unless you put your nose to the screen :eek: 15 inch display with 1920x1200 would be nice.

They should put effort to maximizing the battery life on those laptops. There is plenty of heat, power and fan noise with todays laptops already. They have gone in the wrong direction if CPU temperatures hit over 100C and they call it normal behaviour...

Well normal or not, definitely anti-green if nothing else. 100C temps for electric components means quick death.

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
Well there is two blokes that will never be seen again... ;)

Interesting how many leaks there have been of the iPad this time around, with Jobs gone, maybe the Apple Secret service has been cut back.

Flinx

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2012
Germany
HiRes Pictures of the screen

I need hires pictures of the screen. The other guy in the video have a DSLR or so. Where are his pictures?

Matthew Yohe

macrumors 68020
Oct 12, 2006
I hope they wont put "retina" displays on the MacbookPro line because it is just nonsense. You cannot see the pixels on 15" @ 1440x960 either. Unless you put your nose to the screen :eek: 15 inch display with 1920x1200 would be nice.

"Retina" on a MBP would not have to be double the resolution, clearly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.