Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009
Well, crap, I bought Parallels on sale for $60 a while ago. Now I could get that and Civ 5 for less.

The rest seems to be the usual assortment of software that seems grotesquely overpriced for what it does when compared to free alternatives.

I like VirtualBox better than Parallels, and it's free. But I think Parallels does have a few fancy features that the open-source VirtualBox lacks.

SixeL

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2011
Do I have to get a copy of Windows 7 or Windows XP or what not for Parallel?

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009
Will they all work with Mountain Lion?

Will they all work in Leopard?

----------

Do I have to get a copy of Windows 7 or Windows XP or what not for Parallel?

Yes. You don't for WINE, though. I recommend getting WINE (WineBottler is the easy way to do this) because it's 100% free and can run some Windows applications with speed and convenience.

It doesn't actually run the entire Windows OS. This makes it only work for some applications. Skyrim and Spore for Mac are actually the Windows versions wrapped in WINE. You should also have VirtualBox or Parallels or VMWare in case WINE doesn't work.

lord patton

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
Chicago
Got it for ScreenFlow. A few of the others look neat, particularly Jaksta, Espionage, and maybe BusyCal.

I definitely *don't* need Parallels, Civ, or Speed Download. Probably none of the others, actually.

How do these aftermarket sales work? I would just need to give a buyer the serial number, right? Even if it was purchased under my own account name?

omniscient1

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2012
Sorry for this newbie question. Can I buy it and install it later when I purchase a newer macbook(waiting for ivybridge)?

Sardonick007

macrumors regular
May 18, 2011
Yup

Don't usually go for the bait, but Parallels and Screenflow got me. Have to admit I like My Living Desktop now that it's installed. Not a bad deal overall.

----------

I've bought these bundles before, and seem to own them whenever I change locations. Never had a problem. Worst case on some apps you may have to contact support for help but that's rare any more. Can't remember the last time I couldn't uninstall and reinstall somewhere else, but I'm sure that happens and also sure it's easily cured with a support contact.

Sorry for this newbie question. Can I buy it and install it later when I purchase a newer macbook(waiting for ivybridge)?

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
No wonder they have a bundle, barring parallels and possibly screenflow, I don't see who in their right minds would ever purchase the rest of the software! :confused:

Hastings101

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2010
K
No wonder they have a bundle, barring parallels and possibly screenflow, I don't see who in their right minds would ever purchase the rest of the software! :confused:

Yea... ScreenFlow and Parallels are definitely carrying this bundle lol

kylera

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2010
Seoul
I'm interested. Can we pay in sterling? And how much is it in sterling?

I believe as long as your credit card supports foreign usage or PayPal, it is no issue. I live in South Korea but I made the transaction with no problems.

vjl323

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2005
Western North Carolina
Yea... ScreenFlow and Parallels are definitely carrying this bundle lol

And BusyCal - that is one awesome app [happy customer here]. It allows 10.5 and 10.6 folks to use iCloud with their calendar! That is priceless, IMO. BusyCal is basically what iCal used to be before 10.5, with a ton of power user options added in.

By far, the most useful app in the bundle for me.

xizar

macrumors regular
Dec 17, 2009
I got it for Screenflow and Screenflow alone.

edit:
I looked more closely at the other stuff I got...

KeyCue is a real thing? I thought it was a text expander at first but... it's... I don't understand.

Also... *NOT* installing Civ. I have enough problems with Diablo sucking up my time.

Last edited:

Eric5h5

macrumors 68020
Dec 9, 2004
Skyrim and Spore for Mac are actually the Windows versions wrapped in WINE.

There is no Skyrim for Mac, wrapped in WINE or otherwise. You'd have to get the Windows version and do your own wrapping.

--Eric

dempson

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2007
Wellington, New Zealand
Will they all work in Leopard?

One requires Lion (10.7): Espionage.

Most require Snow Leopard or later (10.6.x).

These ones work on Leopard:

Parallels Desktop (64-bit Intel, 10.5.8 or later).
BusyCal (PPC/Intel, 10.5.7 or later).
Attachment Tamer (PPC/Intel, 10.5 or later).
KeyCue (PPC/Intel, 10.5.8 or later).

Pman17

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2011
Galveston, TX
BEST UPDATE BUNDLE!!! Just bought it because of Parallels. I had the 5th version. Looking at the other apps... wow, this is awesome! Just hope they don't come out with Parallels 8. I'm getting a new Mac soon, once they announce the new ones.

efktd

macrumors 6502a
Sep 29, 2011
USA
learn and discover keyboard shortcuts? what more do i need than command: z, x, c, v, n, m, ,, a, s, f, h, j, l, q, w, r, e, t, i, o and p? besides, it's much more satisfying when i discover any shortcut on my own. :)

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
Macrumor guys, could you be a bit faster next time? ;)

As soon as I've received their mail yesterday, I went on to buy the package, particularly in order to be in the first 10 000 to get that $50 app :)

Should you have posted this article 24 hours ago, I would have purchased the package thru your link.

(Next time, please, post these kinds of articles earlier than the MU folks' email.)

----------

BEST UPDATE BUNDLE!!! Just bought it because of Parallels. I had the 5th version. Looking at the other apps... wow, this is awesome! Just hope they don't come out with Parallels 8.

They will and I'm afraid Parallels 7 won't be compatible with OS X 10.8 (AFAIK Parallels 6 isn't compatible with Lion either - I may be wrong tho, I'm still on SL because I didn't risk updating the OS.)

EDIT: Parallels 6 works fine on Lion.

EDIT 2: Parallels 7 works fine in 10.8 DP

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.