Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Jul 26, 2012, 09:32 AM   #176
frankdogg
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevimli View Post
I emailed up-t0-date support 3 times, I got 3 responses:

They sent me 3 copy-paste emails, nothing else:
thats exactly what i got. i replied with "is this seriously the response you guys are giving me to my situation/problem?" and then i went on explaining how my redemption code comes up as invalid, again.

trying to be patient but i'm so envious of those with their new redemption codes. =(
frankdogg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2012, 09:37 AM   #177
jhines57
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellomoto4 View Post
Officially just hit 24 hours since submission. No email, code or correspondence has been received.
I submitted a claim about 24 hours ago and havent heard a single word back from them. Anyone else? I keep checking my email and still nothing. Most of ya'll have at least gotten your first codes but i havent gotten anything!
jhines57 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2012, 09:39 AM   #178
TheWelshBoyo
macrumors regular

It's been 22 hours now and I still don't have my new code.
TheWelshBoyo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2012, 10:02 AM   #179
b_scott
macrumors 6502

so are they probably going to send out a new code automatically or do we have to somehow contact them?
Old Jul 26, 2012, 10:05 AM   #180
ugp
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to ugp Send a message via Yahoo to ugp Send a message via Skype™ to ugp
I just received two new emails from Apple with a new Secure PDF and a new Code. I bought ML yesterday so I have no reason to redeem the code and no way to verify that it is working. I would assume they work now though.
ugp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2012, 10:07 AM   #181
Prof.
macrumors 601

I just hit the 26 hour mark and still no new code.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 10:11 AM   #182
b_scott
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhines57 View Post
I submitted a claim about 24 hours ago and havent heard a single word back from them. Anyone else? I keep checking my email and still nothing. Most of ya'll have at least gotten your first codes but i havent gotten anything!
how do you submit a claim? and do you need to to get a new code? or will they send it automatically?

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnVyCaLiBeR View Post
Just got off the phone with Apple. Guy said that it's a known issue and they're able to track the Up To Date Program people who received the "Code already been used" message for Mountain Lion so they're going back and sending out more codes to those people who got that message. Said I should receive it in the next 24 hours.
nevermind, thanks.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 10:29 AM   #183
bogus
macrumors newbie

So this is interesting. Like everyone else, my original redemption code was falsely recognized as already used. Sent an email to Apple Support last night, got a new redemption code this morning.

Except when I redeemed the code, instead of automatically downloading Mountain Lion, it downloaded Mountain Lion Server.
bogus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2012, 10:31 AM   #184
cwagz78
macrumors newbie

My code redeemed OSX Server!?

I just got my second code and was able to redeem it. The only problem is when it redeemed it came up with an error saying OSX Server cannot be downloaded because it requires OSX 10.8.0 to run. It seems they sent me a redemption code for server instead of mountain lion. The pdf with the code clearly says that the code is for mountain lion...

My purchased tab only shows OSX Server - no mountain lion...
cwagz78 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2012, 10:36 AM   #185
ugp
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to ugp Send a message via Yahoo to ugp Send a message via Skype™ to ugp
I haven't tried my code yet. I already have ML, I wonder if it is truly a ML code what would happen since I have it already. But that would be sweet if it is Server. I could use that.

What the hell I'll give my code a try.

UPDATE: My code too was for ML Server.
ugp is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2012, 10:40 AM   #186
cwagz78
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugp View Post
I haven't tried my code yet. I already have ML, I wonder if it is truly a ML code what would happen since I have it already. But that would be sweet if it is Server. I could use that.

What the hell I'll give my code a try.

UPDATE: My code too was for ML Server.
They are either royally screwing up or giving server as an "Im sorry for making you wait" gift...
Old Jul 26, 2012, 10:41 AM   #187
ugp
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwagz78 View Post
They are either royally screwing up or giving server as an "Im sorry for making you wait" gift...
Once a code is redeemed on an account I wonder if they can take it back. Because others that don't have ML can't even use this. And they will have to provide them with another code for ML.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 10:48 AM   #188
cwagz78
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugp View Post
Once a code is redeemed on an account I wonder if they can take it back. Because others that don't have ML can't even use this. And they will have to provide them with another code for ML.
I don't think they will pull it. They probably can but even if you get a refund on an iOS app they leave it in your account...
Old Jul 26, 2012, 10:49 AM   #189
Patnukem
macrumors newbie

Mine too was for mountain lion server? this is stupid, 3rd times the charm?
Patnukem is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2012, 10:52 AM   #190
cwagz78
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patnukem View Post
Mine too was for mountain lion server? this is stupid, 3rd times the charm?
Hey at least we know we are not the only ones. They are going to have to say they did this on purpose even if it was a mistake.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 10:53 AM   #191
fairplayinc
macrumors newbie

Yep. I also got OSX Server. Wtf apple!?!?

I called and they said to send in another email to uptodatesupport. Email sent.

Time will tell.
fairplayinc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2012, 10:55 AM   #192
cwagz78
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairplayinc View Post
Yep. I also got OSX Server. Wtf apple!?!?

I called and they said to send in another email to uptodatesupport. Email sent.

Time will tell.
Maybe we will get Final Cut next time

----------

Quote:
Maybe we will get Final Cut next time
Or AutoCAD, that would be nice
Old Jul 26, 2012, 11:10 AM   #193
ugp
macrumors 65816

If I got a new code for FCPX I would seriously get up and start dancing. (And I don't dance!)
Old Jul 26, 2012, 11:33 AM   #194
sevimli
macrumors 6502a

I got my *new* code, but it is for OS X SERVER.

How can I download it? I want to save it as well, it is under the purchased items, but there is no download option, only install...

sevimli is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2012, 11:39 AM   #195
merebeldith
macrumors newbie

Same here

Quote:
I just got my second code and was able to redeem it. The only problem is when it redeemed it came up with an error saying OSX Server cannot be downloaded because it requires OSX 10.8.0 to run. It seems they sent me a redemption code for server instead of mountain lion. The pdf with the code clearly says that the code is for mountain lion...

My purchased tab only shows OSX Server - no mountain lion...
This happened to me, as well. I am on the phone right now waiting for a senior advisor.
merebeldith is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2012, 11:43 AM   #196
tmp0404
macrumors member

Angry

I also got a code for OS X server on my second request from Apple, so it took them about 28 hours from my initial request to the get the wrong one. I called Apple on the phone, got the should have yet another code in 24 -48 hours. I somewhat understand the initial snafu, but to wait 28 hours only to get a code for OS X server, it's just mind boggling. Boy they really blew this whole thing.
tmp0404 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2012, 11:49 AM   #197
BenMero
macrumors member

For people who got their new codes through today, how long is the install taking for you? I started mine around 1pm (uk) and its only at 1.33gb downloaded, and its been jumping from 9 hours to 1 day remaining all day.. i have no other devices using my wifi apart from my iphone every now and again

Tempted to press pause and resume but i think that restarts the download right?

BenMero is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2012, 11:51 AM   #198
merebeldith
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by merebeldith View Post
This happened to me, as well. I am on the phone right now waiting for a senior advisor.
Ok, they also told me to email uptodatesupport@apple.com and said they are currently trying to sort it out. The gentleman I spoke with was very kind and accommodating, but this entire process is SO frustrating! I agree with the previous poster. I was excited to get Mountain Lion, only to receive a code that had "already been used." I was more excited today, only to receive a code that downloaded OSX server. What gives?! This is exasperating!

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMero View Post
For people who got their new codes through today, how long is the install taking for you? I started mine around 1pm (uk) and its only at 1.33gb downloaded, and its been jumping from 9 hours to 1 day remaining all day.. i have no other devices using my wifi apart from my iphone every now and again

Tempted to press pause and resume but i think that restarts the download right?
Hey, at least your code took you to the correct download! I would stick with it a while longer.
merebeldith is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2012, 11:59 AM   #199
Prof.
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevimli View Post
I got my *new* code, but it is for OS X SERVER.

How can I download it? I want to save it as well, it is under the purchased items, but there is no download option, only install...

OS X ML needs to be installed to use OS X Server
Old Jul 26, 2012, 12:16 PM   #200
djmoody
macrumors regular

Was given OSX Server, which is not compatible with non-mountain lion Computers

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion