Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OziMac

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2003
Just for the record, I received my new up-to-date codes earlier this afternoon (AU), so approximately 15 hours after the first ones (just after the site went live).

Everything arrived exactly the same as before, only this time the redeem code worked.

Bit of an unpleasant hiccup, but it's only really a big deal for those of us who keenly anticipated downloading last night - similar to the annoying delays with international shipping for the 4S, which I can barely recall now. So time can heal, though probably not if it happens too often - downloading now. :)

hellomoto4

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2008
Australia
Just for the record, I received my new up-to-date codes earlier this afternoon (AU), so approximately 15 hours after the first ones (just after the site went live).

Everything arrived exactly the same as before, only this time the redeem code worked.

Bit of an unpleasant hiccup, but it's only really a big deal for those of us who keenly anticipated downloading last night - similar to the annoying delays with international shipping for the 4S, which I can barely recall now. So time can heal, though probably not if it happens too often - downloading now. :)

That makes me a little excited to hear an Aussie got a code. So you're saying you submitted just after the site went live last night?

xpumax

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2012
Yesterday I requested a code and within seconds i recieved my (invalid! :mad:) code in my mailbox.... (That was around 15:00 here in The Netherlands)

Not knowing what to do I send an e-mail to the update mail adres given in the mail that my code didn't worked! Unfortunately I didn't recieve any reaction from apple.

I went sleeping and this morning I woke up very happy with a new code that worked! (That was around 8:15 here in The Netherlands)
So I'm not sure if my e-mail to apple did the work or that people get automaticly a new code... but the new code did it for me! Hope apple send out fast those codes to all users.. Very frustrating this..

OziMac

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2003
That makes me a little excited to hear an Aussie got a code. So you're saying you submitted just after the site went live last night?

Correct - can't remember exactly, but I think it was before 11pm. Got the emails with the wrong codes instantly, emailed support and got an empty (literally) response this morning. But finally got the correct codes around 3ish.

SpyderBite

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2011
Xanadu
Notta Yet. I suspect I'll get my replacement code today while I'm at work. Glad I have tomorrow off as I'll probably be up pretty late installing it. *crosses fingers*

DaDalle

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2011
So, we're hearing that replacement codes are being issued, but has anyone received a code after not receiving any correspondence initially?

I received my new Code earlier this morning. I've sent a e-mail to Apple's support but didn't get any reply, just got the now code.

Edit: I'm using a german account

Nozuka

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2012
I never got any Code at all, requested it like 20h ago...
Is the first one supposed to come instantly?

edit: oh never mind.. theres another topic about that

sevimli

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
ChiTown
I emailed up-t0-date support 3 times, I got 3 responses:

They sent me 3 copy-paste emails, nothing else:

Dear Apple Customer,

Thank you for contacting the OS X Mountain Lion Up-To-Date Support Team.

If you already have an Apple ID or Mac App Store account, please follow these instructions to redeem your Content Code. If you do not have an Apple ID, please see the section below on how to create one.

1) Go to the Mac App Store.

2) Sign in with your Apple ID and password.

3) Under the Quick Links section in the upper-right corner, click the Redeem link.

4) On the Redeem page, enter your content code and click the Redeem button.

Once your content code is successfully redeemed, your software will begin downloading. You will not be able to redeem this code again, it can only be redeemed once.

If you have entered your content code but do not see download progress, please click the Purchases tab in Mac App Store. If redemption was successful, you will see OS X Mountain Lion listed in the purchases tab. To re-download click the "Download" button.

To create an Apple ID and redeem your content code follow these steps:

1) Go to the Mac App Store.

2) To ensure that you are not signed into another person's account, under the Quick Links section in the upper-right hand corner click the Account link and choose Sign Out if it appears.

3) In Quick Links click the Redeem link.

4) On the Redeem page, enter your content code and click the Redeem button.

5) You will be able to create an account at this step. While setting up your new account, you will have the option to enter your credit card information. If you do not wish to enter a credit card number, click the None button.

Once your content code is successfully redeemed, your software will begin downloading. You will not be able to redeem this code again, as it can only be redeemed once.

If you have additional questions regarding the redemption or installation of your software from the Mac App Store, go to the Mac App Store Support link which is found in the Quick Links section.

Please note that we can only assist with inquires for the OS X Mountain Lion Up-to-Date program. For all other questions please consult http://www.apple.com/.

Thank You For Choosing Apple

Dr Charter

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2011
Oklahoma
Got my new code this morning. The second email had no explanation for what happened, but the it worked. See you for the next OS release when our codes for OSX Ocelot don't work.

JronMasteR

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2011
Switzerland
Apple really screwed this one up. They should have included the download code with the new machine, or simply should have sent the code before the launch day. Really annoying...

csiCJ

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
NY/NJ
I received the email with the password protected PDF, but not the other email with the password to unlock the PDF...

fairplayinc

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2010
I called apple yesterday about 10am and was told that it would be no more than 24 hours before they would reissue me a new code.

I woke up this morning and still nothing. I called them back and they told me that it could be LONGER THAN 72 hours now!!!

$&@# you Apple for sitting on billions of dollars and having hiccups like this!!

stefman

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2002
Still no replacement code. Called support and they told me it might take up to 72 hours :(

ugp

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2008
Inverness, Florida
I received an email yesterday stating 24-48 hours. No code as of this morning. I went ahead and bought it yesterday and will just sell my code.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.