Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I've ordered on of the following by Vaja. I realise they are expensive but they are hand made and top quality. I've got a similar one by Vaja for my iPhone 4S but it doesn't have the elastic strap. Vaja has a very good reputation.

http://www.vajacases.com/iphone-5-leather-cases/stock-iphone-5-leather-cases/stock-iphone-5-leger-br

----------

bluetooth adapter? will these work with any ear/head phones? link please.

I have the Sony Ericsson MW600. It comes in both black and white and works fine with my iPhone 4S, iPad and PS Vita. It should work just fine with the iPhone 5. It comes with its own headphones but you don't have to use those if you don't want to. I don't as I have the B&W P5's which I use just fine with the adapter. Any headphones with a standard connector will work.

http://www.amazon.com/Ericsson-Hi-F...348864842&sr=8-1&keywords=Sony+Ericsson+MW600

Pug72

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2012
England
I love these slide in sleeve/pouches/cases but one concern I have is how would you use it with your earphones plugged in? There are times when I go out and would like to listen to music with the phone being in my pockets. Since there's no openings at the bottom for the ear jack, that means you would have to take your phone out of your pocket and place it back in naked which defeats the purpose of having a sleeve/pouch case. I really like the Sena Elega one, but this is one thing I don't like about these type of cases. I love how it provides ample protection for my naked iPhone but when using it with headphones becomes a problem. :(

The Golla wallet I use has a cut-out for headphone cables.

Will post pics tomorrow.

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Jan 31, 2003

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
Does anyone know of a really professional and simple sleeve? The only one I can find that looks somewhat classy and minimal and slim is this one:

http://www.spigen.com/cell-phone/apple-iphone/iphone-5/iphone-5-leather-pouch-crumena-series.html

I'm looking for a sleeve/pouch that is extremely minimal, doesn't add bulk, and most importantly, be able to plug my charging cable or headphone cables into while being in my pocket.

The only thing I dislike about the Spigen is the fact that its a magnet lock. I hate magnet locks. Wears out after a couple of months.

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Jan 31, 2003
The only thing I dislike about the Spigen is the fact that its a magnet lock. I hate magnet locks. Wears out after a couple of months.

Magnets wear out? Really? Hmm, damn I was so set on ordering the Spigen. Sigh. I think it looks really classy and professional.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
Magnets wear out? Really? Hmm, damn I was so set on ordering the Spigen. Sigh. I think it looks really classy and professional.

Besides, Magnets can destroy the components inside the iphone. I dont wanna risk that.

(longer term)

Yes, I still believe that. Some say that the magnets are not that powerful to do so but Iam paranoid. Sorry =)

Last edited:

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
I use this Element accessory case for my iPhone 4 while traveling, then take it out when I get there. Anyone see anything like this yet for the 5? It is big enough to have a slim case on the iPhone too.

I used this same case with my 4S. The naked 5 fits in fine.

squidkitten

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2012
Omaha
Wow I ordered my ColcaSac two days ago and was disappointed when I saw the 7-10 day shipping notice on it, but it just came in the mail!

It's super cute I'm glad I have something to put my phone in so it doesn't get wrecked in my bag!

Quu

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2007
My cloth sleve from an etsy seller came today. Pics by me:

arwiR.jpg

BlKTO.jpg

RRqKs.jpg

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Besides, Magnets can destroy the components inside the iphone. I dont wanna risk that.

(longer term)

Yes, I still believe that. Some say that the magnets are not that powerful to do so but Iam paranoid. Sorry =)

As far as I'm aware there is no known evidence of magnates damaging anything in phones or other similar devices. The only issue would be if there was a standard hard drive which there isn't as the iPhone uses flash memory.

Quu

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2007

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden

Quu

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2007
Dont you worry about scratches? :D
Edit: btw, adding it to the list!

Screen protectors are just a waste of money. If you cant scratch this display using a knife or the edge of a key then a screen protector isn't going to protect it against a blunt force that is hard enough to crack the screen.

And I don't need a case cause I have a pouch. I keep it in the pouch when I'm not using it and that will keep it safe in my pocket and when I put it down on a table.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
Screen protectors are just a waste of money. If you cant scratch this display using a knife or the edge of a key then a screen protector isn't going to protect it against a blunt force that is hard enough to crack the screen.

And I don't need a case cause I have a pouch. I keep it in the pouch when I'm not using it and that will keep it safe in my pocket and when I put it down on a table.

Can you zip the top opening?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.