Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

venasque

macrumors member
May 13, 2008
It definitely is an oversight by the case manufacturers. I don't know if Apple relocated the headphone jack on the bottom out of necessity or as a design feature but if possible they really should have left it on top.

I've ordered a leather pouch case from Vaja and currently use a cheap Belkin pouch made of leather look artificial material. The Belkin doesn't accommodate the headphone jack and I'm not sure if the Vaja will either.

That said as I usually use a Bluetooth adapter it's not as big of an issue for me. Even if there was a hole at the bottom I'm not sure how practical it would be.

I emailed Beyzacases about it and they replied. Said they went with the designs they showed as they were "classic" but they are going to be releasing some new ones in the future. I personally believe they (like other manufacturers) just released a taller version of their existing designs so they had something on the market at launch. I'm going to hold off and see what Beyzacases comes up with next.

I'm sure Apple's relocation has to do with getting the "guts" of the phone in the best, most efficient layout and that meant moving the headphone jack.

alemmo

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2012
I just couldn't resist this:

il_fullxfull.313681767.jpg
I just couldn't resist this:

http://www.etsy.com/transaction/96356654

It is expensive but i have a birthday coming up in a couple days, decided to get myself a gift lol

Last edited:

DaGrandMastah

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2011
Turns out that Sena cases is already starting to ship pre orders. I received a ntoification that it was prepping for shipment and contacted them to ask if that was actually teh case and they confirmed that they got their stock in sooner then they thought and that the pre orders were set to be picked up over the next 2 days by the shipping services.

I ordered the ultra slim. Sadly it doesn't have a hole in the bottom. I'm considering cutting one myself.

I do prefer the headphone jack on the bottom since the cord doesn't drape over the phone when you're using it but I obviously hate the fact that the sleeve manufacturers haven't taken it into consideration at all.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.

They have their own online site.

http://www.pielframa.com/

----------

I emailed Beyzacases about it and they replied. Said they went with the designs they showed as they were "classic" but they are going to be releasing some new ones in the future. I personally believe they (like other manufacturers) just released a taller version of their existing designs so they had something on the market at launch. I'm going to hold off and see what Beyzacases comes up with next.

I'm sure Apple's relocation has to do with getting the "guts" of the phone in the best, most efficient layout and that meant moving the headphone jack.

You could be right about the cases offered by various companies being temporary stop gaps with better designed cases to come.

As for Apple relocating the headphone jack due to layout of the inside again you could be right. I can see though how some might find it annoying.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
Just got this from Colcasack. Seems like we who ordered them lately gets 2 sacks for the price of 1. Really nice, if you ask me.

Dear ColcaSac Customer,

It has come to our attention that a small batch of sleeves we sent out as iPhone 5 sleeves were an incorrect size. You are receiving this email as you recently ordered an iPhone 5 sleeve which may be part of that incorrect batch. If your sleeve does not fit your iPhone 5 snugly and it seems overly loose then you have been sent the wrong sleeve. Wrong order sleeves will be too long and wide for the iPhone 5 and we have attached an image of an incorrect sleeve for your reference.

If you determined you have the wrong sleeve and would like a replacement please reply to this Email confirming the following details and we will send out to you free of any charges the correct sleeve immediately:

Your Name:
Style of iPhone 5 sleeve:
Sales Order Number (if Know):
Your shipping address:

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,

Irene

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
Case Request

Please let me know if you see a sleeve that can fit an iPhone 5 with a slim (e.g., Feather) case on it. Sometimes I need to put the phone in my briefcase, so want a sleeve to protect the screen. Thanks!

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
Please let me know if you see a sleeve that can fit an iPhone 5 with a slim (e.g., Feather) case on it. Sometimes I need to put the phone in my briefcase, so want a sleeve to protect the screen. Thanks!

Check the list in the threadstart if you find something to your liking!

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
They get their money anyway - Do you think I should edit the links with links from their own website? I don't see the difference anyhow. ;)

Personally I rather buy directly from the manufacturing company itself if that's an option. I think it's better to supply these links where appropriate.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
Personally I rather buy directly from the manufacturing company itself if that's an option. I think it's better to supply these links where appropriate.

Personally I dont like the look on the website. Its very ... vague.

However - Your wish is my law - its fixed now! ;)

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
Are there any sleeves available that will accommodate an iPhone 5 with a bumper? Also, I like the hard graft sleeve, but it's so pricey. Has anyone found a cheaper alternative?

spazma7ik

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2009
I'm surprised there isn't more talk of the Spigen Crumena Series:

http://www.spigen.com/cell-phone/apple-iphone/iphone-5/iphone-5-leather-pouch-crumena-series.html

To whomever was referring to the magnets wearing out or damaging the internals of your phone, that's completely rubbish and not true in the least. Why would Apple release a magnet based cover for their iPad if that we're the case? Perhaps if there was a physical hard drive in these things where the little needle could snap off then ok.. But it's flash memory.

Anyhow, I ordered this sleeve and it should be here by tomorrow. Anybody else have it and could share their thoughts regarding its quality and usefulness?

KnackeRED

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2011

http://www.spigen.com/cell-phone/apple-iphone/iphone-5/iphone-5-leather-pouch-crumena-series.html

To whomever was referring to the magnets wearing out or damaging the internals of your phone, that's completely rubbish and not true in the least. Why would Apple release a magnet based cover for their iPad if that we're the case? Perhaps if there was a physical hard drive in these things where the little needle could snap off then ok.. But it's flash memory.

Anyhow, I ordered this sleeve and it should be here by tomorrow. Anybody else have it and could share their thoughts regarding its quality and usefulness?

I have, it's good quality, but when they say a snug fit they mean it. Plus if you want to hear those alerts/ring then you have to put the phone in top first and don't be in any hurry to answer those calls. Suppose if I gave the leather some time it would lossen enough though.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom

Ordered one on Tuesday - coming next Monday! Hope it's as good as the phone!

I have, it's good quality, but when they say a snug fit they mean it. Plus if you want to hear those alerts/ring then you have to put the phone in top first and don't be in any hurry to answer those calls. Suppose if I gave the leather some time it would lossen enough though.

Sounds good, I always prefer a snug fit.

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Jan 31, 2003
Can you guys please post pics of your SGP Crumena cases. I'm considering this but would like to see how it looks in real life.

----------

Nice! The white one came - It took some time for them to get the white one out there :D

Can you please post pics of the white one, and is the material leather? I would see how it looks with the phone in the case, and could you tell me if its of good quality? Thanks

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
Can you guys please post pics of your SGP Crumena cases. I'm considering this but would like to see how it looks in real life.

----------

Can you please post pics of the white one, and is the material leather? I would see how it looks with the phone in the case, and could you tell me if its of good quality? Thanks

Heres a review on it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iYqycXbdeU

Actually, I never ordered the Mujjo case. All I got ordered now is the Glass.t, 2X Zagora Colcasack (i ordered 1 but got another one for free) then I got 2x silicone cases. Iam gonna start with this then see how it goes.

Last edited:

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Jan 31, 2003
I ordered the Fabrix pouch for my iPhone 5. It ships from Singapore, and I hope I'll get it soon. It reminds me of the iPod sock case that apple use to make. I ordered the gray color. I think it'll look nice with my black iPhone. Can't wait to get it.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
I ordered the Fabrix pouch for my iPhone 5. It ships from Singapore, and I hope I'll get it soon. It reminds me of the iPod sock case that apple use to make. I ordered the gray color. I think it'll look nice with my black iPhone. Can't wait to get it.

Do you have a link? Cant find it :)

----------

OH i found it :)
http://www.fabrixcases.com/products/iphone-5
Added to the list! Thank you.

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Jan 31, 2003
Oops sorry about that. This is the one I'm getting. Can't wait to get it! What I like about this is the fact that I can put the phone upside down when I have my earpods plugged in and I can also use it to rest my iPhone on when I'm out lets say at a restaurant eating. This way I get to use my iPhone naked in all its beauty with protection when it's in my pockets, and I think it looks great!

iPhone-57b.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.